• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big servers are a BIG mistake

Its really ****y to see that some of our greatest regular players cant play on our server. :(
Im sorry, we'll change it !!!!!!!

Don't change it on our account Marcel. If it's filling up to the full 40 players then it's working for you. Although it does lag for me (not sure about some of the other guys) i can manage untill the server gets full. Hopefully once the servers catch up the lag will disappear.

Upvote 0
today we will play another 48-players-clan match on Rakowice and Konigsplatz... I will tell you than how it was on these maps that were created for 32 players

???

Rakowice was always the one map I heard people complaining about feeling "too empty" on 32-player servers and how it would really shine with a higher player count.

Upvote 0
I've played on a few of the super-sized servers and, for me, I can take it or leave it. Being a die-hard tanker, Arad is particularly painful (more than usual!) as there are inevitably dozens of players lolligagging around the motor pool waiting for their special individual tank to re-spawn- with no thought, of course, towards Team Tanking! (Yes, I know- if you get hit the enemy gets more points...BUT just think of all the damage a well-crewed tank can do on the move! Try it some time and see if it's not effective!)
Not all maps work with team-tanking. Some tank maps have wide spaces to fight on and an mg gunner and driver aint going to find much to do and will get bored. I.e. what use is an tank mg gunner on Orel?

The tanks maps seem to suffer from too few tanks, and even half-tracks!, with these large player servers.

Upvote 0
When he has less view distance than the gunner?

The main gunner usually has the least situational awareness of all in a combat engagement. When not engaged, he has the best all-around vis if popped out, but once engaged, he's practically blind to new targets.

As driver or hull gunner you do your team a great service by calling out the tanks you see. Use the vehicle voice commands for enemy in front, right, or left.

And if you're the gunner, pay attention to the driver and hull MGer if they call out a target. Consider what they would see as left or right flank, and address it asap. Otherwise you're just going to die anyway.

Upvote 0
Well, some of that's true, but generally speaking, you don't want to be driving into combat with an unbuttoned driver, especially at the ranges at which we engage. The MG probably has the best ability to call targets because he has the widest visual arc.

As a gunner, though, I regularly pop out and look around, mostly before I engage. It helps to have wingmen too, so you don't get flanked.

Upvote 0
???

Rakowice was always the one map I heard people complaining about feeling "too empty" on 32-player servers and how it would really shine with a higher player count.

I agree completely with the original poster. The only exception I think it probably Orel.

The thing about Rakowice is that you start and finish with a bottleneck. Yeah, once you take PDefences you have three cappable objectives, but, if you break up into two teams each on a 32 players server, you have 8 ppls attacking AT and bunker. Then you're back to a singular objective once those are capped.

RO should go back to 32 player servers IMO, gameplay is much better.

Upvote 0
The main gunner usually has the least situational awareness of all in a combat engagement. When not engaged, he has the best all-around vis if popped out, but once engaged, he's practically blind to new targets.

Are we talking tanking in RO or reality? If in RO when the gunner is not buttoned up he is the TC correct? Always keep your head on a swivel, or your turret moving back and forth, while not as fast as moving your head around unbuttoned, it does help locate and engage targets and keeps you from falling prey to those pesky snipers.

Upvote 0