• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Available to All RO2/RS Owners

Remember to post your feedback here guys:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=94983

Thanks for showing up.

The reason for passwording the server atm, is to ensure that during the test we can keep a full server during tests for a while when doing our tweaks. As not everybody is willing to download the beta or only play one map for a while.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The beta testing is exclusive?

No but it is timed, in order to keep the players playing around the same time when we want to fill the server. So we don't have the server filled up continuously but with only 3 people, or have the server filled up when we cannot monitor it.

I'll think off the test times and will share them in this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Makes sense, but the times almost guarantee to exclude most working Americans.

not necessarily ^^, I'm quite flexible and I used to test RS In the past around 3am in the morning. Which was 9pm eastcoast and 7 west if i recall correctly. My main concern though is will I be able to get the server filled up if I pick such a time. And while the 2 main tests happen with the new builds on wednesday and friday 9pm CEST, 8pm BST, or 3pm EDT (Working hours for TWI and prime time for europe). I'm still thinking of what the best way to address the US fanbase, to get feedback from the other side of the pond, while still getting a full server.

These tests aren't just stresstests to see if the performance is up to par. But are truly used to evaluate the gameplay with 64 players, so things don't bog down to a meatgrinder. Which is why all feedback especially now, is most appreciated ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not necessarily ^^, I'm quite flexible and I used to test RS In the past around 3am in the morning. Which was 9pm eastcoast and 7 west if i recall correctly. My main concern though is will I be able to get the server filled up if I pick such a time. And while the 2 main tests happen with the new builds on wednesday and friday 9pm CEST, 8pm BST, or 3pm EDT (Working hours for TWI and prime time for europe). I'm still thinking of what the best way to address the US fanbase, to get feedback from the other side of the pond, while still getting a full server.
I don't remember any 7pm tests (it would be 6pm when it's 9 on the east coast) only ones I remember were the 12 noon tests. those were hit and miss because of my work schedule. (mostly miss :() between trying to dl 5gig in three hours before the test and hoping there was no work that day, I rarely got the chance to join you guys.
here's hoping you do some weekend tests! ;)

p.s. 3 a.m. woulda been easier than noon. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't remember any 7pm tests (it would be 6pm when it's 9 on the east coast)

We stopped them after a while ( together with the australian tests ) due to the abysmal turnout rate.

I guess the most sane thing is to probably get a sunday test planned. It will probably be at 3pm est. But personally I could do it later as well.

Upvote 0