• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 5 Release] RO-Berezina

Been liking this map since it was known as mp_uo_barbarossa back in Call of Duty: United Offensive, and I still find some full 32 player servers running it at times.

HEY Bravo! Nice to see you spending time here. Actually, as I was building the map in UO, I was always thinking and discussing with IB how great the map could be in RO. I just didn't have the time/interest at the time to learn the tools and although I was playing the mod version, my heart was in UO and our massive vehicle/weapon pack that we did for the map. I think it's been a classic for both games. It certainly is one of the most fun 'base' maps in UO, still! ;)

Thanks for digging up old memories!

Upvote 0
The spawns (at least, the last Russian one) need some spawn protection or minefield. yesterday german submachinegunner managed to crawl into that hangar with KV-1, where good people as myself spawn and took quite a harvest before we killed that bastard. We lost because of him actually - we lost reinf when only 2 mins left, and Germans capped when only 1 minute left.. :(
But that was some INTENSE fighting!! My god, it was!! Both teams said only good things about the battle, this means - to the designer of the map. Nice one, Slyk!
Oh, forgot one more. For some reason I have constant fps drop when fighting for 2nd line. all other places are quite good fps wise.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Bolt. I'll check the mine volume back there. I know there is one, but it probably does not get within 30 feet of that barn. Good to hear the battles are more intense now.

With your FPS issues along the second line, is that always or only in heavy combat and/or do they drop when certain events happen like the 45mm firing or tanks being destroyed, etc?

Upvote 0
Been playing Beta 5 a bit more. I like how the AT Guns add to the map and the fun. One thing I like is that they don't seem to overly influence or benefit the Russians to any great extent. Players on both sides are adapting their strategies to either use them or overcome them. More often than not though, I see the Germans using better tactics for attacking the guns than I see the Russians defending them. There are more than several occasions that I was able to get up close to any of the AT Guns, and able to dispatch the gunners for lack of a proper infantry defense and the gunner's focus being elsewhere. My suggestion for the Russian players is to always try to have at least one infantryman focus on defending the guns against infantry, and allow the AT Gunners to take on tanks and fire HE at other groups of infantry.

Great job! Really enjoy the new dimension the guns have added!!! :)

Upvote 0
Thanks, Moe. I noticed a lot of that tonight. Flanking is so much more important now. Wait until the next release on the 45s. Once you can satchel and arty them, you have more things to worry about and other ways to deal with them.

One thing that continues to bug the crap out of me though: Tanks camping on ridge tops, especially the Germans. You cannot win one-on-one with the KV. If you tag team him or in any way destroy the tank, move up! Get closer and close the distance, in many cases you can get under his gun depression and have an advantage or at least make the KVs adapt and displace from their favorite spots. The infantry will be much happier as well to see their armor close the distance and scare off the enemy foot troops. With the Russian armor having to cover a long distance early on, the Panzers can easily clear the 1st line and move up there to either clear infantry or interdict the reinforcing KVs and BTs before they reach the farm. You might as well die advancing and fighting as sitting back and taking two hits and dying while your infantry wallows for lack of support up front.

Any final comments welcome, we are getting close to a 'final' release. A number of things have been tweaked, so get any last thoughts in.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
With your FPS issues along the second line, is that always or only in heavy combat and/or do they drop when certain events happen like the 45mm firing or tanks being destroyed, etc?
Tested this for 3 days of dedicated Berezina's play. 45mm has no effect on my fps, no. But if I'm being in the 2nd Line trenches, under heavy arty barrage with tanks roaming and shooting nearby, the chances are those fps will go down. It's not guaranteed, but the possibility is high.
Something similar sometimes happens to me when I play Mahnovo. For some odd reasons, my average fps are higher when I play as Axis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update on the BT7:

We moved into live server testing. We still have some work to do including resizing to accomodate the game scale, player models, etc. There are a few texture bugs to correct as well. I will tell you that it really moves along at a good pace and the guns are all functional. We are thrilled to be at this point, bugs or not.

Screenshots pending my FTP disk space being freed up.

Upvote 0
Does the model have a horseshoe antenna?

You mean this?

BT-7-final-6.jpg

This was only used for command tanks.

Upvote 0