• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 5 Release] RO-Berezina

The change in reinforcement levels has made a big difference in this map. I've played earlier versions of this numerous times on 2Manny's server, nearly all from the Russian side, and nearly always lost due to running out of reinforcements. Those few times we won were a real accomplishment.

Played a couple of rounds last night (actually played most of one round from the German side) and noted that the Russians were doing much better on reinforcements. The feeling was not quite so desperate on the Russian side, and on the German side there was much more of a feeling that we had to either A) Kill a lot of Russians or B) Storm the East Bank while it was still heavily defended.

I'm not saying this is necessarily good or bad, just different. It seems like a much more even battle now, but my understanding of the earlier versions was that it wasn't supposed to be even, which raised the bar pretty high for the Russian side. With a good Russian team (or a really bad German one) it could be a lot of fun, but it was often frustrating.

Just some feedback from someone who appreciates this map and has some experience with it.

P.S. Love the new AT guns.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I personally liked the earlier version. I found there was a real 'thrill' of victory when you held out as Russian. There was little better than the sheer desperation of both sides at the river, the Germans throwing themselves at the east bank and the Russians trying as they might to 'die smart'. I never really minded those last minute losses because in even loosing, the fact that you exacted such a toll on the Germans and held out to the waning moments was satisfying. Not everyone's cup of tea, obviously, but plenty of guys enjoy(ed) that part of the challenge. Hopefully the re-balance will do what it was supposed to do without making it too hard on the Germans now...which I always thought was a tough job as it was.

Upvote 0
One thing I've noticed is there are some bad place names, some of which may have been deleted and replaced with a typo. Like, I was calling for help from just to the west of the bridge objective and what I think used to be called "bridge" gave me help shouts with a typo ...

something like unknonown? Also saw it crossing the river far to the east of the farm.

Upvote 0
The AT guns really changed the dynamic of the map. The AT guns cap zone isn't a throw away anymore which is nice. Good work.

Can I still plug my PT soldats being armed with an M38 or PPSh idea =D

Glad the guns impact the play a bit, hopefully for the better. And you can still 'plug' but don't get to excited. ;) How about dual pistols...one for each hand?! haha

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say that this has been my new favorite RO map besides konigsplatz. I'm a real fan of combined arms. There's no thrill like being a combat engineer behind enemy lines and blowing up tanks pinning your entire team down and achieving victory.

Seeing as I've only played beta 5 from the Russian side, how do the AT guns work? Just press the "use" button while sitting next to it?

Cheers mate, and can't wait for the final release.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say that this has been my new favorite RO map besides konigsplatz. I'm a real fan of combined arms. There's no thrill like being a combat engineer behind enemy lines and blowing up tanks pinning your entire team down and achieving victory.

Seeing as I've only played beta 5 from the Russian side, how do the AT guns work? Just press the "use" button while sitting next to it?

Cheers mate, and can't wait for the final release.

You need to be standing, not crouching and then press "use" key when you see the text for the gun.

Upvote 0
You need to be standing, not crouching and then press "use" key when you see the text for the gun.

You can use the AT guns while you are prone, which does seem a bit wierd. The balance is definitely a lot better and makes it so the Germans have to use teamwork to win rather than just massacring the Russians. I think gameplay like this where you use teamwork to win is better than simply wearing down all their reinforcements, however reinforcements do still reach 0% pretty frequently just not so early in the round. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, finally got to play Beta 5. All the compliments I saw regarding the AT Guns at the AT Gun Position, WOW. (I only got to join at the Village CP being capped) It really makes holding that position all the more important. Not once did I see one defeatist yell 'Fall back East of the River" after the Village CP was lost...:p I also noticed, this forced many of the Germans to use the northern approach from the area of the North Farm, much more than normal.

Very nice changes. :D

Upvote 0
Prone does but shouldn't work, crouch never will, and standing you want to focus on the center of the turret, not the trails or wheel or shield. Generally good advice considering the prone issue is to dive and crawl up to it.

Great to hear they added another aspect to the map. The map was built with them in mind so it is comforting to hear that they are impacting in a positive way.

Upvote 0
Funny thing about those AT guns - sometimes they're absolute killers, knocking out tanks and halftracks left and right, and sometimes they're a death trap, getting the gunner killed as soon as he fires the first shot. Depends on the enemy tankers - if they're smart the AT guns are easy pickings. If not, it can be rough going for the Germans. This is probably just what Slyk had in mind.

P.S. This goes for both Berezina and Tractor Works.

Upvote 0
I have uploaded to server both maps (Berezina an Tracktorsworks) First i uploaded Tracktors and AT gun run so well but now, when i have uploaded Berezina 5. All AT guns are desapered. I don't understand what's the problem i have uploaded all files.:eek:

Thanks for your help

All but one gun is set to random spawn. ALL guns are tied to the spawn managers which means the Germans must advance and cap certain objectives before the guns appear. This is true on both maps.

Upvote 0