• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 4 Release] RO-Berezina

Yeah they are lazy buggers and tend not to want to get on with the war....:D ...Lol

At which locations? I know that they will sometimes bottle up when spawning at the crossroads but that was the worst I saw them. Depends on who drives and parks where a lot of the time. Specifics would help as it could be any where in differing circumstances. Objectives open and point of bottle neck, if you can. Thanks!

Upvote 0
At which locations? I know that they will sometimes bottle up when spawning at the crossroads but that was the worst I saw them. Depends on who drives and parks where a lot of the time. Specifics would help as it could be any where in differing circumstances. Objectives open and point of bottle neck, if you can. Thanks!

Slyk, they never leave that entire area.... no matter what command is used.

Upvote 0
That may be sometimes, but I know certainly not 100% of the time. I added and deleted nodes to better path them out but they never seem to want to follow the logical ones. For awhile I thought there were too many node choices but what I released seemed to be pretty good most of the time. When I had issues was when two or more vehicles would come to a point just at the crest of the road leaving the crossroads area...then they wanted to jam up the road and infantry would set off on foot toward the farm.

This is the first real feedback, which is appreciated and needed but I had to ask. If people don't reply, I can't look into fixes so thanks to those who give the input. Please be specific though with situations etc. as it speeds up the troubleshooting.

Upvote 0

Slyk as mike noted its mainly the first german spawn they seem to choke and generally mill about.
Even if you clear the road from the vehicles they leave that block it?

The russians seem to be getting there but the germans need a little work.
I am sure that the pathing can be sorted for both so its not a big deal.

Knowing how you like a challenge..lol..:D

Upvote 0
German Tankres still hang back on the ridges and attempt to clear the lines. If only they'd learn to flank or atleast drive right up to the line in order to lob much more accurate HE fire into the trench.

The never learn that a static tank in a bunker is a vastly superior enemy to a static tank on a silhoutted ridge. Tanks just sit there exchanging fire with the dug in Kv1s until they die and then repeat the process, it's one of the most frustrating things ever.

Is it possible to enter a message to the tankers every 5 mins

"A static Tank is a dead tank. Move up and help your infantry, they are your friends!"

Upvote 0
The FIRST/initial spawn?? That I never had issues with, even playing on my machine as Russian. It seemd the Germans were quick enough at attacking both the outpost and crossroads by the time the Russian armor arrived. Now and then there might be a short period of milling around but generally they get on with it. I'll look at it again soon. A 'final' won't be released until the BT7 is complete and who knows when that will be.

Upvote 0
Reply in orange:

Bots are acting stupid. Ok, they are bots. At least the russian bots can be used as target dummies in the trenches and to keep up a strong russian amount of soldiers in the cap-zones. German bots are almost useless, IMHO. Well, they still fire on russian hidden inf and often get incredible headshots just through bushes and behind ridges, but that

Upvote 0
In terms of the KV's weakness, I think you guys may be mixing up stories between the KV-1 and the KV-1S. The KV-1 was a heavy tank that had heavier armor than the KV-1S. The 1S model was, I believe, the "scout" model of the tank and had a smaller turret and much of its armor removed to make it faster. The KV-1 is a slow, lumbering beast but a tough one to kill. It's gun isn't all that great, but its armor is pretty tough to beat until the Tiger shows up.

Upvote 0
Slyk, I haven't been playing as much lately, but whenever I'm on I never see this map any more. It's just not being played as much so I haven't had a chance to test Beta 4 yet.

I also wanted to add a comment concerning the balance of teams. In the main discussion forums, someone pointed out that the defending team should often have less players than the attacking team for balance purposes. Not just less reinforcements, but less players actually playing on that side. I tend to agree, since defending is typically easier than attacking (not saying so on this map, just in general).

One method for enforcing this would be to limit the number of ALL classes available on the defending side. So, when the server population is low, there would be no change. But on full servers, if the defending side were limited to (for example) 1 commander, 2 tankers, 3 automatics, 2 Anti-tank soldiers, 2 engineers, and 4 riflemen, then the most players they could EVER field would be 14, leaving 18 for the attacking side.

This would give the attackers an advantage in firepower and overcome the disadvantage of having to take well defended emplacements.

Maps like Rackowice would DEFINATELY benefit from this. Perhaps this is something you might impliment on Berezina or future maps.

Upvote 0
What are those huge black area on the ground between Village CP and east bank? Is it supposed to represent burned ground? It looks weird since nothing else is burned.

newground2.jpg

newground.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, I know one map that just lost the first round competition.

I flew around and had no issues like this. I think I did one last 'make sure I compiled compile' and packed it up. Too bad. That is not intentional and never had that issue before.

So much for that.

Just flew around some more and realized that now one of the static mesh sets of 'distant' houses from /Arad are now missing textures... several in that group are missing textures. I have no idea what happened with the lighting. I have recompiled twice and it is exactly the same. I added one brush, at the far west end of the map and a couple under the 2nd line. Those are the only brush changes. At least the CoD engine would give you brush errors, if that is too blame. I am seriously disappointed.

Edit: more compiles and minor edits and still hosed. Any ideas on how to find out if there is a bad brush and how to locate it??? Otherwise this may be the dead end in this project.

Last edited:
Upvote 0