• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 4 Release] RO-Berezina

I also did a flyby before the release and did not see any of these problems. I wonder if maybe something in the last update had to do with this. Slyk if you remember the previous update caused you a lot of headaches with the Arad textures.

Don't know for sure if the update had anything to do with it but it is strange how these things popped up.

Sorry to hear about this problem maybe the voters for the contest will look at a previous release and take this misfortune into consideration.

But I am sure there are a few mappers out there that are glad that this happened. j/k or maybe not

Lex

Upvote 0
I would swear the map was 'clean' the day I packed/posted it.

The missing textures, however, are squarely the fault of TW. A couple of the updates have screwed up the Arad texture and static packs. I have time this weekend to look at the map and disect it in reverse but I will start by removing the effected models and see what happens. Adding five SQUARE ON GRID brushes should not have caused this.

We are also concerned that the BT hybrid is messed up as the tank scripts changed also. Still investigating that.

There needs to be a little better QC on the impact of updates on exisiting content. As it is now, if this were the final release, I would have a big model with half the textures missing...granted it is well out of play but what if it wasn't?? Now I look like the fool. I have enough issues.

Upvote 0
Berezina rocks. I know you're trying to perfect this, and you sound a bit confused, frustrated and angry ... but it's a wonderful, wonderful map.

And, for what it's worth, it sounds as if it's got fewer bugs than the last TWI-released map, which has sparkly windows, spots to get stuck, etc. Please don't get too discouraged, and let us know if there's anything else we can do.

Upvote 0
While I appreciate the sentiments, I don't like the burned look. I am currenlty trying to find the error. Very glad to have the day off from work but I didn't plan to spend hours and hours on this map... I have an even bigger project underway which needs the time. But... busy porting over components and compiling to see what causes the error. I'm using _beta3 as the basis and hoping I catch all the changes, especially the subtle stuff that I didn't log.

Upvote 0
I saw a very, very minor thing in B4. South and a little west of the 2nd line is a place where the Germans can flank the right trenches. There are about three little bushes at the corner of where they come around the treeline; there's something weird about the bushes, like they flash white at me or something.

Annnyway. Is there anything we can do?

Upvote 0
I "think" that I have the old beta-3 patched up to beta-4 and no lighting issues. I added some more AI pathing as well along the way and got my butt handed to me rather quickly testing it.... the Germans took the first three, including the 1st line before I knew what happened. ;)

Thank you all for input along the way. If we can ever get the damn BT7 skinned, I'll put this out as 'final'... and we should have another treat by the end of the weekend to add as well.....................

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if you've addressed this, but I played last night and managed to pick up a sniper rifle at one point. When I went into scope mode the game slowed to a crawl. I was still functional (since most of the opponents were bots), but it was REALLY slow, and it's not like I've got a super crappy rig or anything. Not sure what'd be causing this except maybe a TON of polys on the screen at once or something. Anyway, I don't see it as a huge deal (certainly not for me) since I usually end up playing as a tanker or regular grunt of some kind, and generally I think the sniper rifle is more of an afterthought on this map, but it's something worth looking into.

Outside of that, the map plays great. Did you intentionally change it so that tankers can once again cap? I seem to recall being in a tank and the cap zone bar showing up and moving. Or is that just me seeing the bar and other players capping it rather than me actually moving the bar?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if you've addressed this, but I played last night and managed to pick up a sniper rifle at one point. When I went into scope mode the game slowed to a crawl. I was still functional (since most of the opponents were bots), but it was REALLY slow, and it's not like I've got a super crappy rig or anything. Not sure what'd be causing this except maybe a TON of polys on the screen at once or something. Anyway, I don't see it as a huge deal (certainly not for me) since I usually end up playing as a tanker or regular grunt of some kind, and generally I think the sniper rifle is more of an afterthought on this map, but it's something worth looking into.

Outside of that, the map plays great. Did you intentionally change it so that tankers can once again cap? I seem to recall being in a tank and the cap zone bar showing up and moving. Or is that just me seeing the bar and other players capping it rather than me actually moving the bar?

No idea on the sniper thing. I would guess a triangle-meets-sniper scope zoom. As for capping, no I did not intentionally change the cap zones. Which one(s) specifically?? I'll double check but there might be one that snuck out from under the terrain at the 2nd line.

By the way, the 45mm is about 98% complete. It is VERY cool. Trust me. BT7 skin progressing. Still testing to do with that. HOBO WHERE ARE YOU??? ;)

Upvote 0
I'm tired, Slyk.

I'm tired.

I can only really get to doing work on the weekends, otherwise I'm getting pounded by real life duties.

Don't worry folks, you'll have your BT in good time.

;) I'm a devil of a mapping-project-manager. Sorry. Should have warned you. You're getting off easy. Ask Lex.

I do want to say that although it has been a painfully long process for all of us, we are very pleased with the work thus far. We are all eager to have it implemented. Thanks again to Hobo for stepping up to the plate and taking this on.

I am still interested in talking to anyone willing to do skins for us as we have quite a few models piling up outside the paintshop with more on the way. HINT HINT

Upvote 0