• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

Here is video part 2

It shows progress so far and includes

Working Headlights/Brakelights/Reverse lights
Speedometer and Fuel Guage :)
Front and Rear passengers (1st and 3rd person views)

More on the way :)

YouTube - killf 2009 09 14 00 52 14

nice work with the mod,speedo meter,fuel gauge .etc :)

now all you need are new sounds so I might go hunting for some good sounds for this vehicle ;P

My vehicle is almost ready too & I took this model from CS:S but the vehicle had broken wheels ,doors so I decided to rebuild some new wheels & fixed the doors plus I added a motor so hopefully there can be a better damage thingy on the vehicles so the bonnet ,doors brake off & hopefully even make lights smash on impact if it is'nt too much.

My vehicle has a V8 engine so I allready have some good sounds for it but no textures so now I need a texturer . I can texture but I'm not verry good at it so when I have finished the model I will post up a picture but 1 problem !!! I don't know where I can upload My images to :(

Upvote 0
I recorded a video of My new weapon animation & since I have to find My UT2004 disks again so I can get the KF hands converted & out of the game I couldn't use the propper hands so instead I am using S.T.A.L.K.E.R animating hands :\

you may notice that the magazine & the leaver for the reloading part move around randomly but I am fixing them as I go + I have made the reload sounds using CS:S mod UWMV2. next step will be texturing which I'm not good at as I said so someone else will need to do that & someone will also have to do the scripts.

Download link:

[url]http://www.usaupload.net/d/v001eqh0qdf[/URL]

Upvote 0
Sorrow, I don't understand why you need UT2004? KF is a stand alone game now and uses it's own animation/meshes.
The program I gave you should extract the hands without requiring, UT.

I doubt I am going to be able to get weapons with hands working for these vehicles, so you may want to start a new thread on your project??

Crispy, charcoal Cop car anyone?

Shot00000-1.jpg

Shot00001-2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorrow, I don't understand why you need UT2004? KF is a stand alone game now and uses it's own animation/meshes.
The program I gave you should extract the hands without requiring, UT.

I doubt I am going to be able to get weapons with hands working for these vehicles, so you may want to start a new thread on your project??

then don't worry about the hands.
& in the programs readme it says to use KF things you need to use a hex editor to change C2 to C1 & save + since the program was suppose to extract UT stuff it also said to open the packages in the UT editor then save & after that you can extract all the files & that is how I got 1 file out before.

& no point in me starting a new thread if I can't do all this on My own.

Upvote 0
then don't worry about the hands.
& in the programs readme it says to use KF things you need to use a hex editor to change C2 to C1 & save + since the program was suppose to extract UT stuff it also said to open the packages in the UT editor then save & after that you can extract all the files & that is how I got 1 file out before.

& no point in me starting a new thread if I can't do all this on My own.

Perhaps if you change all the UT's in that sentence to KF's you could try it.

Upvote 0
I will be posting a video shortly but here are a list of additions/fixes so far:

Fixed Police Car mesh (doesn't look pixelated anymore)

When you run out of fuel, car no longer makes shut down sound and also has an out of gas sound

Created fuel can, which refills vehicle, pours gas so you can set it on fire, also when thrown, can be shot to cause huge explosion, which can be purchase from the trader for an extortionate amount of money :)

steering wheel

1st person driving mode

New MPH/Fuel guage hud

Loads more minor tweaks

Upvote 0
Well, it sounds like when you try to turn the engine over but it doesn't actually fire. It's only a small sound but just sounds different than when you start the car when it has petrol. Before, when you ran out of gas, the car would still make the sut down sound when you left the vehicle, no matter how many times you got in or out and this to me didn't sound realistic.

You'll get to hear it in the vid anywho.

Thanks again for the positive responses,

Also, on a great side note, I finally got in touch with the team leader of the RoadKillWarriors mod and he has granted me permission to use any of the models from the mod, as long as I give the respective credit, so expect some mad max style vehicles to boot.

ETA. hmm maybe quite a while on this, as I still only have one vehicle. Reason for this, I want to get everything working before I attach the fixes etc to more vehicles, once one is working then it is just a case of making new vehicles.

Also, I have a very, very large map to build, so hopefully this may be released around Christmas time. Sorry for the loooong delay but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Heres the vid :) enjoy

YouTube - KF Vehicles Part 3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like it works fabulously.

It'll basically break the current maps, but imagine a town-sized map where your team had to get into a couple of these to get to the next trader across town. I could see that as a great addition in gameplay.

imagine a city map the size of KF-Grimpen...if someone took the time to create a map like that and did it well it would be AMAZING

[QUOTE=Alpha_Omega666

Upvote 0
Wow the Shade definitely looks like a decent adversary for the vehicles, thanks for the heads up :)

As far as maps are concerned, I am going to build a very large city, with plenty of streets. I am going through optimsation now, to see the best way to make it so it doesn't use up too much memory.

Also, specimens, hmm I have had a really good think of what to do with them in the map because if you drive too far away they will not stand a chance and it may take a long time to find them, sooooo, I am going to use the cull distance (if it works) and when they are too far out of range, they will be destroyed and respawn closer to your proximity, so they will always be relevant.

I will be making plenty of vehicles which can be used for certain maps, ie tractor- farm, bus/taxi - london central but I will also be making quite a few military style vehicles which should hopefully suit any map.

Again thanks all for the support. More updates coming soon.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

Braindead you are gamer with the same heart as mine. Things that blow up. I could just see the cars driving through my exploding props. LOL. Of course your skills are way, way, way better then mine. However I will learn. I just love how the sirens in my map would blow out the windows and blow up my props when they screamed. LOL. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0