BDVehicles on the way

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

mmnicolas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 7, 2013
Vehicle mod server here has been running fine for a year or so, showing this error in the logs everytime a map loads. Got rid of that welder and never had any problems

GunsForBucks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2014
Eastern USA
AH I get it now, the _KFVM lets it be played in KF as a mod rather than a VM- and using the Vehicle Gametype.

And it seems to spawn more cars... OK .. well I have a VM of Soylent Zed I will change and Im making a new one off my Nightmare Forest map.. seen at least one other racetrack one by UNCLE in workshop also.

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
Cant get that Tricky to work. Server crashes every time i try to load it. Is it broken for everyone or just me?

It doesn't crash my server, but it does hang for ~30 seconds while loading, right after displaying the garbage line.

madfin

Jun 30, 2014
Finland
^Ok. Thanks for the info. Need to look into that map sometime again.

Is there any way to make car fuel infinite or adjust the amount? Default consumption is ridiculous. Also is there way to adjust car armor? Would like to make em bit stronger.

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
^Ok. Thanks for the info. Need to look into that map sometime again.

Is there any way to make car fuel infinite or adjust the amount? Default consumption is ridiculous. Also is there way to adjust car armor? Would like to make em bit stronger.

There is no config option for that. I believe you would have to edit the source to make those changes.

madfin

Jun 30, 2014
Finland
How can i customize Zed wawes into this? I have tried to add custom wavemasks in kf-server.ini, but no luck. Zed waves are always the same. For some reason Boss Squads mutator doesn't work with this.

King Sumo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 8, 2011
Brazil
www.youtube.com
How can i customize Zed wawes into this? I have tried to add custom wavemasks in kf-server.ini, but no luck. Zed waves are always the same. For some reason Boss Squads mutator doesn't work with this.

This because the vehicle mod is using a custom gametype (so you can't use the BossSquads mut).
Maybe you are editing the wavemasks for the wrong gametype? (check the gametypes available in the killingfloor.ini)
You can try to use the PooSH's zed manager mut (I guess zedmanager mut is not using a custom gametype).

madfin

Jun 30, 2014
Finland
Yes there is:

[KFmod.KFGameType]
and
[KF_Vehicles_BD.BDGametype]

Copied masks on both of them but no luck :(

Guess ill try to work with that Zed Manager. But you would still need to have wavemasks, because it only replaces zeds?

madfin

Jun 30, 2014
Finland
Didn't get that Zed Manager to work either. I solved problem by uploading Aliens mod and used it's mutator to replace Zeds with Aliens. Now theres a challenge :D

Now i just wish someone would make mutator to adjust vehicle armor and fuel. Those Aliens destroy small cars with just few acid attacks :(

Here's the server address if someone is interested.

sinthecrimson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2013
Hello,

Has anyone encountered the game crashing whenever a player tries to weld stuff? It only happens when the vehicle mutator is active. Also noticed perk bonuses are lost too. Any fixes for this?

madfin

Jun 30, 2014
Finland

sinthecrimson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2013
Last edited:

madfin

Jun 30, 2014
Finland
Thank you! I've been needing a fix like this. Small sacrifice to repair vehicles. Hope someone takes up this project again and fixes this issue. How is this file run though? It's a .biz file which I'm not familiar with.

It should be tar.gz. Try other mirror. Some of those are unreliable and can give you viruses.

I put it on my server.

http://madfinservers.ddns.net:8000/novehiclerepair.tar.gz

You can still fix vehicles without problems with advanced welder. There was bdwelder in vehicle packages. I didn't try that.

sinthecrimson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2013
It should be tar.gz. Try other mirror. Some of those are unreliable and can give you viruses.

I put it on my server.

http://madfinservers.ddns.net:8000/novehiclerepair.tar.gz

You can still fix vehicles without problems with advanced welder. There was bdwelder in vehicle packages. I didn't try that.

Thanks loads for your help man. Much appreciated. I've noticed the BDWelder class files in the vehicle packages. If this is the welder used that causes the crash then best to stick with the normal welder. But, if this BDWelder class file isn't being used, perhaps it can be so that it can be a workaround in regards to the weld crash errors.