• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

braindead

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Merry Ol' England
Hey all

Thanks to theBlackCheetah for getting the code in game, I have so far modded the Police Car to be a driveable and have also created some driving animations (work in progress)

Edit...

Release info:

You can download version v1.001 from ModDb here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor-vehicle-mod/downloads

Information for running on servers.

If you are running this mod with serverperks v5.50 (downloadable here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36065) you do not need the V1.1 Patch installed as, Marco has included the fix within serverperks. (Big thank you Marco)

However, if you would like to run this without serverperks, also download and install the v1.1 patch and change the mutator line in your server command to read

KF_Vehicles_BD_Patch.VehicleGameMut

Enjoy!

I will continue to mod the rest of the vehicles (taxi, bus, ambulance and tractor) so it looks a more realistic setting than the UT4K vehicles.

Shot00000.jpg

Shot00001.jpg

Shot00002.jpg

Shot00003.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all

Thanks to theBlackCheetah for getting the code in game, I have so far modded the Police Car to be a driveable and have also created some driving animations (work in progress)

I will continue to mod the rest of the vehicles (taxi, bus, ambulance and tractor) so it looks a more realistic setting than the UT4K vehicles.

Shot00000.jpg

Shot00001.jpg

Shot00002.jpg

Shot00003.jpg

note. this is my 4th attempt at posting something on the forums, so I hope it posts, TWI do not seem to want me to show you these ;S
This mod is awesome I had the exact same idea of making the non working west london vehicles work but I didn't know how & all the other non working vehicles nice work :)

I'm working on a new vehicle mesh at the moment so if I get around to finishing it would you be inclined to make it work ???

I know how to animate but the program I use is screwing up :( + I don't know what the animations need to be called but I'm learning ;P

Upvote 0
Just started modelling a Land Rover :)

Yes, all of the non working vehicles will be made driveable, including the helicopter and London double decker (hopefully you will be able to get and board and shoot from the windows).

Mini-cooper, mmmmm that sounds awesome.

@Sorrow, if you make the mesh, I will get it in game no problem.

All we have to do now is start to make some fitting maps, so vehicles can be realistic.

I am going to need to speak to someone at TWI at some point to see if they will be able to upload my driving animations and release them as a global update, because it needs to be appended to the main character animation for it to work, wish me luck guys.

Thanks for the keen interest people

Upvote 0
Just started modelling a Land Rover :)

Yes, all of the non working vehicles will be made driveable, including the helicopter and London double decker (hopefully you will be able to get and board and shoot from the windows).

Mini-cooper, mmmmm that sounds awesome.

@Sorrow, if you make the mesh, I will get it in game no problem.

All we have to do now is start to make some fitting maps, so vehicles can be realistic.

I am going to need to speak to someone at TWI at some point to see if they will be able to upload my driving animations and release them as a global update, because it needs to be appended to the main character animation for it to work, wish me luck guys.

Thanks for the keen interest people

I'll ask the art team about it.

Upvote 0
I have a question are you going to make the vehicles HeadLights work ??? & you said you are animating them so are you putting the hands on the steering wheel & animating them for FPS & 3PS view???

The vehicles will have headlights.

Animation wise, the driver is going to be static but his head will turn as in standard UT2004 modes.
I have thought about a 1st person view but unsure whether this will become a reality, I apologise now if it doesn't. But I do have all of the scripts for mods such as Road Kill Warriors and such, so I may be able to do it.

Speaking of RKW, I have asked the lead developer if we can use the vehcile meshes from their 2004 mod, being as it is no longer active (they have switched to Crysis), so we may have some armegeddon type vehicles in the mix as well but I will keep them as realistic as possible.

I am waiting to hear back from him and I will not use them untill I get confirmation that it is ok.

Upvote 0
The vehicles will have headlights.

Animation wise, the driver is going to be static but his head will turn as in standard UT2004 modes.
I have thought about a 1st person view but unsure whether this will become a reality, I apologise now if it doesn't. But I do have all of the scripts for mods such as Road Kill Warriors and such, so I may be able to do it.

Speaking of RKW, I have asked the lead developer if we can use the vehcile meshes from their 2004 mod, being as it is no longer active (they have switched to Crysis), so we may have some armegeddon type vehicles in the mix as well but I will keep them as realistic as possible.

I am waiting to hear back from him and I will not use them untill I get confirmation that it is ok.

So do you have the hands for the animations??? because I've been looking all around for them & I can't seem to find them but I need them because I am going to make weapons because I have a whole bunch of meshes + animating skills so I need the hands so I can finish them

Upvote 0
So do you have the hands for the animations??? because I've been looking all around for them & I can't seem to find them but I need them because I am going to make weapons because I have a whole bunch of meshes + animating skills so I need the hands so I can finish them

I have the full body animations but have not extracted the hands yet. From looking at every other driving mod for UT2004, the hands never show, including RO, which is why I am a little hesitant to make this a 1st person mod. Personally I think it looks silly with the steering wheel with no hands and I always end up going into 3rd person mode.

Umodel will help you extract the hands if you want to make your own weapons and such.

Upvote 0