• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any Berserkers, Firebugs, or Demolitions here?

I don't think that's very realistic. I never try to take on FP's using only katana/axe. It just requires too much space and time.

1. xbow headshot
2. Weld door between you two while he rages
3. When he destroys door, his rage timer resets
4. 2 head shots to kill (kata if you miss)

Works especially well if he's in the back of a huge group. He'll rage kill everything between you two, then fizzle out once he kicks the door over. Two quick head shots and a terrifying situation just became a cake walk.

How would you know if it's realistic or not if you've never tried it? I remember playing with you the other day. Go friend Devante and play a few games with him on a JP server. When he's around, most of the Japanese players will opt to melee the fp, and the rest of the team will back him up by clearing him a path.

All it takes is 6 primary axe head shots first + 2 alt fire axe head shots for the finishing blows to kill a 6 man suicidal fleshpound. Given that you need to wait about 2 seconds in between hits to prevent rage, that's 16-20 seconds to take it down and if done right, the fp will never rage (until you deliver the 2 finishing blows) so your team can just pretend it's not even there. And you can dictate where the encounter takes place by breaking LOS or continually getting him to swing at air to prevent the auto raging.

Is it the best way to take out the fp? Clearly it is not as xbows can 1 shot an fp from a level 6 SS or a 2 pipes from a level 6 demo. But if your sharpshooter (or demo) is dead or is an M14 spammer, then this is one of the better ways to deal with the fp since you won't rage it, can draw it away from the team, and you don't require your teammates to focus their attention on it.

Upvote 0
How would you know if it's realistic or not if you've never tried it? I remember playing with you the other day. Go friend Devante and play a few games with him on a JP server. When he's around, most of the Japanese players will opt to melee the fp, and the rest of the team will back him up by clearing him a path.

All it takes is 6 primary axe head shots first + 2 alt fire axe head shots for the finishing blows to kill a 6 man suicidal fleshpound. Given that you need to wait about 2 seconds in between hits to prevent rage, that's 16-20 seconds to take it down and if done right, the fp will never rage (until you deliver the 2 finishing blows) so your team can just pretend it's not even there. And you can dictate where the encounter takes place by breaking LOS or continually getting him to swing at air to prevent the auto raging.

Is it the best way to take out the fp? Clearly it is not as xbows can 1 shot an fp from a level 6 SS or a 2 pipes from a level 6 demo. But if your sharpshooter (or demo) is dead or is an M14 spammer, then this is one of the better ways to deal with the fp since you won't rage it, can draw it away from the team, and you don't require your teammates to focus their attention on it.
I see your point as it is a pretty good idea *when your teammates are clearing the way for you* but in almost every public game i've been in, since i've been playing, people look out for themselves more than they do for their teammates.

Usually when the FP focuses on me, and i don't have any friends on the server, everyone just watches as it comes barreling down on me and do NOTHING about it until it's focused on them.

Maybe this is different on suicidal servers, but i only play suicidal when i have a good group of friends because i can't be bothered by random level 3s barging in and ruining the game. It's happened to me too many times on my own server.

Upvote 0

I remember you. We played west london. You foiled my welding attempts >8D

I wasn't commenting on it being impossible. I was saying that there are easier ways thats require less risk, time, space and teamwork to pull off. If the existence of such alternatives doesn't make the kata-only idea "unrealistic", then I've got some Rio Rancho Properties you might be interested in purchasing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Berserker has always been my favorite perk, but I don't pick favorites based on effectiveness, only fun. It seems almost overpowered to me on any difficulty up through hard, but weak on suicidal. I feel pidgeonholed into always carrying a crossbow as a suicidal zerker, otherwise you simply have no chance once sirens start appearing since they basically stop you from doing anything of worth as long as they are alive. Add husks and the disorienting screen effects both these ranged specimens cause and really you can see berserker scarcely has time to worry about actual melee fighting trying to dodge fireballs and keep away from sirens. I still think zerker needs a siren damage resist to be balanced with the other perks on suicidal; sometimes when 3 sirens come around a corner you will just die because there is no way you can kill them with the katana in time and if you try to get range and arrow them you will be overwhelmed by the other specs.

I don't know how you can call demolitions underpowered, a well played demo will make every other perk's job far easier by thinning out the specs at a distance. Also, pipes are pretty much the only guaranteed, safe way to kill a FP other than the crossbow. Low level demolitions are weak... high level demolitions who have time to buy two packs of pipes between waves are almost game-breakingly powerful.

Firebug I don't see the point of playing these days unless you're a pyro. Even against a big horde at close range I'd rather be a commando or support, because they don't have to worry about their victims running at them on fire. At the very least firebug needs a whole extra tank of fuel, because as it is you will definitely run out in any game with 4+ players, even if you are allowing the DoT to burn properly.

Upvote 0
Berserkers CAN'T hold their ground as well as other perks, because they require more time and space. Time to switch weapons (for sirens, husks, etc), and room to move around the onslaught (Read: Crawlers).

This is trivial though, as any situation demanding the berserker hold his ground is also a situation where one can expect teamwork to alleviate these shortcomings.

Once you get used to suicidal difficulty, the berserker perk doesn't really have a ceiling on what it can accomplish. If you're aware enough, and prioritize targets well enough, you can survive pretty much anything.

Upvote 0