• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A GDC Update

Dunno which, but one article (ign i think) said the sp was just countdown with bots. I know it's not entirely true, but please disprove that notion of IGN and confirm copperheads actual campaign:(
Countdown with bots - no. But we aren't doing the big story-based campaign thing either - that would cost 10s of millions of dollars - way beyond our means!

The focus is on the chronological history and on small units (i.e. Squad), not on any one soldier.

Upvote 0
Countdown with bots - no. But we aren't doing the big story-based campaign thing either - that would cost 10s of millions of dollars - way beyond our means!

The focus is on the chronological history and on small units (i.e. Squad), not on any one soldier.

Will there be custom enemy positions and respawns specially made for the SP campaign?

Which means, for example that the enemy may have a tank in "Danzig", and have fixed MGs in the top windows, launch scripted mass assaults, or airstrikes and things like that? Instead of: one side respawns north, and the other respawns south and see who caps what?

Or having for example a battle going on, between both sides, but you only control a little squad in the middle of that chaos to reach a certain objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dunno, it looks to me like they've been working on things quite a bit. We saw ladder climbing and have confirmation of ladder animations in the works. The video from the Italian site shows a lot more of the HUD functions and some more of the technical behind the scenes parts of the game. There's more to it than pretty maps. Its all in the details.... ;)

Reactions: Witzig
Upvote 0
I saw a screenshot of the "GDC Video" at [URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51039"][url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51039[/URL][/URL]

Does anybody know where to see the actual video?

OFF-TOPIC:
Is there a point in saying that WWII has been over-done?

I myself will be leaning towards that conclusion maybe 20 years from now.

Truth is that WWII has been reenacted, read, drawn, pictured, revised, revisited, filmed and what not else long before first WWII game.

The reason behind it is that this piece of history is larger than any of our opinion about it.

WWII themed materials will continue to be made available long past our existance.

Sometimes it is necessary to make statements like these just for the sheer purpuse of reminding about the obvious things in life.

Upvote 0
I feel like playing RO2 when I see news from it.

I felt like playing RO2 with the mod Resistance & Liberation for the source engine. It has basically the same scope system and MG system.

Actually, R&L is what got some of my buddies into RO.

I've been playing RO for awhile now and none of them really seemed interested until they played/loved R&L.

They bought RO and never looked back.

Upvote 0