• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A GDC Update

Yes please do, those pics look great! That s great news for the the UR3 engine. I had wished for RO2 to be true DX11, but that would take even more time. I would be willing to wait until October/November for high detailed DX11 eye candy. :D Summer is always slow for gaming, may as well put it in and get-r- polished like no other. :D

I can get more video and info! :)

Upvote 0
What kind of glitches? I understand glitches will occur, not a problem. Just curious.

I had less than 3 minutes to try the game. Being the IT guy I am, I tried to tinker around with as many things as I could in 3 minutes. I tried Blind fire, lean, prone, walking, running, jumping, looking through iron sights, being at low health, dieing, killing things, etc.

The game is amazing. That's what Sam said to my knowledge, and I completely agree with that statement. Everything fits together. There are a few glitches, but at this state of the game, and the amount of features packed in it, it's truly amazing.

I tried the minimap system, map, dynamic HUD, spawning system, etc.

Minimap:

Reminds me of Battlefield 2142 with tons of improvements and simplicity.

Dynamic HUD:

Very subtle, but serves it's purpose. Doesn't interfere with gameplay.

Map:

Very detailed, not overly complex.

Spawning System:

Not much to it. I picked a spawn point, then spawned. It's simple, not complex.

Again, same results; awesome. I'm a battlefield gamer at heart, and judging by my experience, there will be a lot of people from COD, BF, and other games that buy it.

For me, it was very easy to adjust to, but just as easy to die.

There are many games coming out this year. This game can easily take the throne.

It's amazing. Beyond my expectations. It's one thing to watch a YouTube video, but to play it in real life, I mean, WOW. I had a wonderful time, and thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Upvote 0
Just got back to my hotel.

I got to play a little more, this time with tanks.

Switching positions takes ~2 seconds. With the amount of features for tanks alone, it says 'simulator'. When I played around in the tanks, it felt unique. I mean, BF2 has tanks, but but nothing compared to RO2.

I echo my previous statements:

Amazing, Phenomenal, Masterpiece, WOW!

I can't thank Sandy, Jared, and Alan enough. This is a great game, with passionate individuals who were kind enough to let me play their game.

If you like FPS games with guns, there is a good change you'll like this game.

Amazing work of art.

Upvote 0
Oh BTW according to a Facebook/Twitter status update (12 hours ago):

"Update from GDC: We've been demoing RO 2 to the press and meeting our partners in crime such as Sam Hulick for good times after hours! Expect some new media in the coming days/weeks."

And Sam Hulick tweets:

"Watching a demo of Heroes of Stalingrad being given to GameSpot. The game is REALLY looking polished. The tanks are truly ground-breaking!"

Upvote 0