• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A GDC Update

Does anyone know if the game is 64bit?

On another note, I hope TWI don't waste their budget on advertising. I would rather see it invested into the game with features like FP shadows, DX11, and 64bit. If it plays as good as people are saying then word of mouth will spread like wildfire. If the graphics and features are amazing then look out! Clear the road for the good life TWI. lol I hope for a November release with details so good you will want to scream like a little school girl when you play it. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

On another note, I hope TWI don't waste their budget on advertising. I would rather see it invested into the game with features like FP shadows, DX11, and 64bit. If it plays as good as people are saying then word of mouth will spread like wildfire. If the graphics and features are amazing then look out! Clear the road for the good life TWI. lol I hope for a November release with details so good you will want to scream like a little school girl when you play it. lol
Er why wouldn't the game support 64 bit? That would be like Tripwire randomly alienating half of their PC customers. In fact all processors these days are 64 bit. It's not like it's a new thing anymore ....

Upvote 0
Even if a game isn't 64 bit it would still work on 64bit systems.

Having that said in one of the earliest bash and slash crosshairs interviews, john mentioned that the game would likely work in native 64 bit. At that moment of time only one single third party feature didn't have 64 bit support.

So its not definite and not announced, but with a bit of luck we will have full 64bit support. It probably all hangs on that third party app.

Upvote 0
64bit is the future. The only game I have in 64 bit is Supreme Commander. 64 bit and DX11 would be epic. Sorry but eye candy sells and sells big without much need for advertising. How does it look? That is the question out of anyone's mouth. I for one am willing to wait however long it takes to make me tear up. lol

Though, a game being 64 bit and using DX 11 doesn't magically make it better looking. ;)

Upvote 0
John was / is at HQ, coding away. Alan and Yoshiro, et al. manned the booth, and were swamped to the point of really not being able to take a break. The interest in the game is palpable at GDC. I saw the crowd and went poking around elsewhere - they're there for business, after all...

Good to hear that!

PS. Am I the only one who is hoping for small video presentation...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
John was / is at HQ, coding away. Alan and Yoshiro, et al. manned the booth, and were swamped to the point of really not being able to take a break. The interest in the game is palpable at GDC. I saw the crowd and went poking around elsewhere - they're there for business, after all...

Hmmm seems like someone is enjoying his new car back home riiight?? :p

Upvote 0

Waste?
I mean those are your personal opinions, im sure TWI wants to sell the game as well, hence they should obviously spend a lot on marketing also..

Upvote 0
Ramm said in one of the previous crosshairs that the advertising budget for HoS will be more than the development costs of Ostfront and KF combined. How much that is exactly, I don't know, but he did say that TV commercials would probably be out of their price range.

As for 64 bit, like Zets said, Ramm has said multiple times that the game will probably run 64-bit unless there is some middleware or something that is only available in 32 bit. I can say they have machines running Windows 7 64 bit at TWI, so they can certainly test 64 bit.

Upvote 0
This game is currently going viral like it was made of kittens.

This made me smile:D

Every BF3 thread everywhere is highjacked more or less instantly and after a brief discussion, obligatory PCgamer scan dump and gameplay vid, 100 more people hail RO2 as the messias of not just shooters, but PC gaming in general.

And wonderful to hear that we are only a few of the excited hordes waiting for this :IS2: of a game

Upvote 0

Every BF3 thread everywhere is highjacked more or less instantly and after a brief discussion, obligatory PCgamer scan dump and gameplay vid, 100 more people hail RO2 as the messias of not just shooters, but PC gaming in general.

Even if advertising isn't as big as we might like to see, it looks like Word of Mouth is doing a pretty good job already. I figure a whole other round of word of mouth will spread like wild-fire once players get their hands on the game.

ROOST sold half a million on just word of mouth, and it had a steep learning curve.

Upvote 0
Marketing is pretty damn important, just look at COD. Why is it so popular? Not because the game is extremely good, but most people will buy it because of the videos and the advertisements everywere.

Very true, they also have no clue that there's other options out there as well besides BF/MW/BCBO etc. Smaller developers with shallower pockets are waaaay under their radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopoldStotch
This made me smile

Me too!

Upvote 0