• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A GDC Update

H

HeyCarnut

I won't steal his thunder - soulzz will undoubtedly post here and at BASH, but, to paraphrase: "I went with high expectations, and the game far exceeded them..."

Yummy!

We're looking to lunch with the TWI gang tomorrow, so I'll see first hand how realistically rendered they are :p

I won't steal his thunder - soulzz will undoubtedly post here and at BASH, but, to paraphrase: "I went with high expectations, and the game far exceeded them..."

Yummy!

We're looking to lunch with the TWI gang tomorrow, so I'll see first hand how realistically rendered they are :p
If John is wearing that dragon shirt make sure to take a picture.

Upvote 0
I had less than 3 minutes to try the game. Being the IT guy I am, I tried to tinker around with as many things as I could in 3 minutes. I tried Blind fire, lean, prone, walking, running, jumping, looking through iron sights, being at low health, dieing, killing things, etc.

The game is amazing. That's what Sam said to my knowledge, and I completely agree with that statement. Everything fits together. There are a few glitches, but at this state of the game, and the amount of features packed in it, it's truly amazing.

I tried the minimap system, map, dynamic HUD, spawning system, etc.

Minimap:

Reminds me of Battlefield 2142 with tons of improvements and simplicity.

Dynamic HUD:

Very subtle, but serves it's purpose. Doesn't interfere with gameplay.

Map:

Very detailed, not overly complex.

Spawning System:

Not much to it. I picked a spawn point, then spawned. It's simple, not complex.

Again, same results; awesome. I'm a battlefield gamer at heart, and judging by my experience, there will be a lot of people from COD, BF, and other games that buy it.

For me, it was very easy to adjust to, but just as easy to die.

There are many games coming out this year. This game can easily take the throne.

It's amazing. Beyond my expectations. It's one thing to watch a YouTube video, but to play it in real life, I mean, WOW. I had a wonderful time, and thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Upvote 0