• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Sneak Preview

It's about time we got another new tank for the Germans. They were kinda behind in the new toys list department. IE the Russians have gotten the fallowing:

M44 carbine combat rifle: with fixed bayonet
Unversal Carrier APC
BT-7 light tank: with tank riders

Germans will now have gotten the fallowing:

G41 semi-atuomatic combat rifle: without it's bayonet like it should of had
Panzer4H
Panzer4G: the new one we are getting this patch. Good choice if you ask me!

Upvote 0
nice update can't wait.

just out of interest and concern for us Modders, Is there anything we need to be mindfull of for our WIP Mods DH, MN and CC ??.

I would hate for you to do something thats going to screw up a lot of our work. not that you could do anything like that lol.

The bloom was redone from the ground up, so any bloom settings on any custom maps will need to be set up again with the new settings. The transport mounted MG code was heavily modified, so you might need to update your vehicle code (and I would highly suggest you update your code if it subclasses any of the modified code, as it works WAY better now, and fixes some issues with those types of weapons, such as the UC mg not firing where it's aimed). Other than that I don't think there will be any serious issues. Mainly the new graphics code will make your mods look better (trust me, I've seen MN and DH with the new bloom code and it looks great) :)

Upvote 0
Wait, does that mean we have to redownload all official maps for this update again?

Most likely TWI has updated all the offical maps to work with the new graphics changes made for this release it will be included in the patch you will not have to DL anything new other than the patch. It's the same with all game companies even bad ones like Ubisoft IE the whole StarForce spyware crap, and Id IE the crapy MP they made from Quake4 when the SP was so sweet.

Upvote 0
Exactly, so what for still doubling roles that nobody is rifleman when on for example Konigsplatz is enough smg, something like 7-8 (?). And yes soviets had squads with only smgs and in those smg squads there wasn't any rifle. So till there are rifleman role on map it means that on this map soviet unit isn't smg so there should be limited smg. I'm repeating again, I'm not complaining to unrealistic german roles like it's on for example Basovka (5 smg) beacuse this is only a game, it's not so bad. But 12 smg, 2-4 semi auto rifles and only 3 rifles, come on...
I think realistic german role amount is only on map Kaukasus.

Yes but for the last time this is not an issue on full servers. IE I only play on servers that run 50/40 people and I only ever join them when there are like 4 slots left. IE that way I never have to deal with loads of SMG whores. That and on maps like Arad, Bondevro, And most of the custom maps TWI added Rifles can own SMGs if they play like a riflemen should: IE don't do the fallowing:

Rush a position without backup

Take on 4 Germans in a room by yourself

Go into a building without your Bayonet fixed

Get into close qorters combat with a SMG

Doing these four things is a good way to die as a riflemen. IE they would never do it in real life so you should not do it in the game. Rifles can own SMGs, or even the Germans Assault rifles at long range out to over 400 yards. A Sniper rifle is a huge threat to any SMG, or Assault rifle even in this game. So if your smart you should have no problem killing hords of SMGs, and Assault rifle toteing Germans, or Russians in any map. I never go into close combat with SMGs not unless I have some backup IE a semi-atuo rifle or a MGer covering my back from the hallway or door so they can never get out of the place they killed me in.

As in real life and as in RO Riflemen that use Bolt action weapons are great stand off troops. They can put down a great vaulume of fire in large numbers and can shoot with good accuracy at almost any range needed. If your a Riflemen with a Bolt-action rifle find some other riflemen and or a SMG guy and stick with him what he can't hit you can so it means you have two types of defence agenst the enemy:

1. The Long range and persion of a bolt-action rifle.

2. The huge fire rate, and deadly close in range of a full atuo weapon.

Upvote 0
It's about time we got another new tank for the Germans. They were kinda behind in the new toys list department. IE the Russians have gotten the fallowing:

M44 carbine combat rifle: with fixed bayonet
Unversal Carrier APC
BT-7 light tank: with tank riders

Germans will now have gotten the fallowing:

G41 semi-atuomatic combat rifle: without it's bayonet like it should of had
Panzer4H
Panzer4G: the new one we are getting this patch. Good choice if you ask me!

The BT7 was custom made, if we are going to count that we should count the German T34.

Both the Pz4 H and the UC were needed bad. The Germans did not have a good medium tank to fill the role, and the Russians did not have transport besides the Clown Car.

Sorry to go off-topic a bit, but what this game actually needs is something to replace the UC, or the UC needs to be fixed. It can be destroyed effectively with an MG, hell I've seen a bolt damage the engine. Its MG does not work right, and turning it even slightly makes it go almost to 0 km/hr. Ok, so maybe the real UC was like this (except the MG, which is obviously bugged) but compare it to the HT which holds more, is faster, can actually turn without stopping has a decent MG, is harder to stop with AT infantry weapons than even a tiger, and is basically now impervious to grenades, and its clear the Russians still have a mechanized disadvantage. I wouldn't care if they re-brought back the clown car, but I stand by it that the UC hurts a team as much as helps it (because 2 or 3 people get in it, and you know they are just going to die in it.)

There are so many additions that could be added to the Russian tank arsenal so every 42-43 map is not just tons of 34/76s. More pre-war tanks, real KV1s/2s (which are being worked on), Churchills, Shermans, other tank variants, some of the tank destroyers, (more of the SU series.)

I approve of the new tank map. However, I think Tripwire should try and get the work from the custom skinners to add either a KV1 or an SU-100 to this map. ATM tank layouts on this kind of map are mostly 34/76s, because every other tank (SU-76, KV1s, BTs) are essentially slower variants. The KV1s armor is not really stronger, and the Su-76's reload time is not to big of a factor (especially consider the 76 was rarely used in the AT role unlike other Su series.)

Most importantly (last but not least) the hitpoint system for tanks I feel like absolutely needs to be fixed if we are going to have a map like this. The other day on Leningrad I was in the KV1, and the Pz3 fired (taking us from green to yellow) and a half-second afterwards the hull mg started firing on our tank, and a hull mg hitting our frontal angled armor took us from yellow to red... The use of HE shells and PTRDs are further demonstrations of this problem. Tanks are not hitpoint based, a completle penetration in one point in the armor will not make the whole tank weaker. In fact, unless subsequent shells hit within a very close area (1cm I think) it would not help them at all.

Upvote 0