• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 4 Release] RO-Berezina

Slyk,
maybe already stated but I was playing last night and I think the germans had taken up to the farm. and a Russian tank had gotten up next to the destroyed house accross from 1st line and behind the tanks spawning in the valley and so he was spawn killing. Someone said he was on the edge of the minefields but I did not have a chance to take a look in ROED

Upvote 0
Slyk,
maybe already stated but I was playing last night and I think the germans had taken up to the farm. and a Russian tank had gotten up next to the destroyed house accross from 1st line and behind the tanks spawning in the valley and so he was spawn killing. Someone said he was on the edge of the minefields but I did not have a chance to take a look in ROED

Thanks, I will look at that but I think I fixed that one.

Upvote 0
Two minor issues that I've noticed in the past few times I've played.

1.) Some pseudo-spawn camping. Russians can lie prone on top of the tunnel exit from the 2nd line to the Village and shoot people in the back. Don't know if you want to extend the minefield to cover that. I think some Russian tanks may have snuck behind the German 1st line spawn too, and shot up some halftracks. There've been complaints on servers about Russian tanks doing this. Might want to just extend the minefield to the river between the farm and the 1st line when the 1st line's captured (or shortly thereafter).

2.) Don't know if this is a global setting or something you can do on a case-by-case basis, but with regard to minefields, the timer before you go "kablooie" seems to be really short. It's fine for infantry, but if you're driving a tank around and taking a flanking route, the minefield thing pops up and you can only turn or back up, and both actions seem to regularly take too long (if you were moving at top speed to get INTO the minefield in the first place). Extending the time for that on the flank minefields would probably work a bit better. The flanks are usually far enough on the side that it won't matter if infantry gets longer time in the minefield, but tanks may be able to say "Oh, whoops" and actually drive out instead of just "You have entered a--BOOOM!!"

Upvote 0
minor errors on Berezina:

1. Panzer III Ausf L is a 1942 tank yet it is used on a 1941 map.
2. KV-1s is a 1942 or 1943 tank and it is used on a 1941 map I think you were going to fix this one though.

As I have said before, I work with what I have. Apparently there should be no tanks whatsoever used on any map before say May, 1942 except possibly that god-awful T60. I actually think the half-track model has a manufactured date of 1943 on it... guys better remove those asap before the freaks find that out.

Again I say: "If you don't like it, don't play it".

The mere fact that we are 8 months into the development of ONE tank, the BT7 should say something, and I would wager that Lex & Teuflehund are further along with this model than anyone else. If it was so easy to make all of these models, we certainly would have 'exact' replicas running around... but alas that would not be good enough because some crackpot would be counting screwheads on the exhaust cowling and telling us we are short by one.

Would I rather have the 'proper' KV1? Yes. A PzIII? Eh. No value in making a variant there. A short-barreled Stug? Yes, time allowing. But we make due with what we have or can build. Even if there was a 'proper' KV1, people would be b!tching up a storm because it was too hard to knock out, as it should be. You can't make all the people happy all of the time and I learned long ago to not even try.

It is often much more constructive to ask: "Why did you use....." instead of "You used the wrong.....". etc. Why not ASK people why something is the way they chose. Perhaps they didn't know better and will thank you for the information or maybe they did know better and couldn't care less. Atleast give them the opportunity to reply with a reason instead of poking them in the eye and stuffing facts up their nose.

Appreciate what the community members give you. It's free, afterall, and you are under no obligation to take advantage of it.

Solo: Thanks for the additional notes. I 'think' I have fixed those minefields a bit more. At times though it seems the timer is not working. Most are :15 or even :30. I'll take a look again. I just spent some 10+ hours working on upping performance on the map plus other minor tweaks but didn't check the mines

Upvote 0
I may be wrong about the 1st Line spawn. It could've been someone who had worked to just outside the zone somehow firing in, but you may want to check the edges of the zone. There's really no reason for the Russians to be up that far at that point in the map, though, except to kill people spawning or from behind. I'd just make the minefield spread across the entire width of the map to prevent people from sneaking into the perfect side shot position (if you haven't already done it).

What I can tell you personally is that I and several others were hopping into a halftrack when >BANG!!< the thing went from white to red. No idea how, since we hadn't moved it yet from the 1st Line spawn area and there weren't any friendly tanks around to shoot at it themselves.

Aside from that, though, this map is probably my favorite map. I regularly praise it as the perfect attack/defense map in terms of balance. It's a b*tch for the Germans when they aren't coordinated, but they still have a chance to win regardless. It is by no means easy for them even when coordinated, though. And meanwhile, the Russians REALLY have to think hard about where and how to defend.

Upvote 0
Sorry man look Im actually pretty new around the forums didnt read most of the old posts. I was just pointing out that the Panzer III was a 1942 tank many people think otherwise. I dont really know much about modeling but making J would only really require shortening the barrel of the L which was why I pointed out .

Upvote 0