• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TV Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

Also The Wire, I ****ing loved every single second of this show, though to be fair it did get a bit silly in season 5.
As far as I know, the Wire wasn't cancelled, they story they wanted to tell simply concluded by the end of season 5.

It was a great show, I absolutely loved it, but I feel dragging it out more wouldn't have really added anything. Sure, it would most likely still have been far better than most other shows, but I think 5 seasons was enough.

Upvote 0
Nothing new to add, just agreeing with the others who said:
Deadwood
Jericho
Saxondale
Firefly

Jericho and Deadwood in particular went from a series of great threads waiting to be neatly tied up with some great tension building - to suddenly having to cram an ending into an episode or two it felt.

Another season was needed to finish up what they'd started.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, with the Sopranos it kind of just "ended" mid-episode though.;)

"I went ahead and ordered some for the table"
True, but still, that's how the writers wanted it to go. That and Gandolfini wanted to move on. I'm sure HBO would have gladly aired several more seasons, since it was one of the, if not the, most financially successful TV shows ever.

Upvote 0

+1

I find it funny that you cannot find a single person that watched Korgoth that thought it was bad. It was AWESOME!

The pilot was a huge success yet it never aired another episode. How can it be that Korgoth cant make the cut, yet we have POS shows on adult swim like Tim and Eric?

Man I really hate those dorks.

Upvote 0
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
Firefly

Fox doesn't care about Sci-Fi.

This! Loved those two shows. I hope Fringe escapes that trend.

I think the show I really miss is Stargate: Universe. I mean, I know it was lacking, but it had potential and I feel it didn't get a fair shake. This coming from someone who has been a stargate fan ever since the film came out though.

Upvote 0
Damn, I just finished watching The Sopranos. I didn't expect an ending like that, you could say it broke my balls. After all that **** with a certain crew member started again I expected him to take over or rat out Tony to the feds. The ambiguity of the last scene is nice though from a cinematic point of view. Seeing Tony in jail or killed would've been a great disappointment for me.
Shame it had to end but I guess there weren't any more interesting stories left that they could've told the viewers. I felt that the show started to go slowly downhill after Tony got out of the hospital but the last couple of episodes made up for that.

What to watch next? I've heard much praise for The Wire and Breaking Bad but the latter is still going right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0