• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too many SMG's and Semi-auto?

Too many SMG's and Semi-auto?

• Yes, it's a problem

Votes: 294 54.3%
  • No, it's realistic, STFU

Votes: 141 26.1%
  • Too many SMG's, Semi are fine.

Votes: 67 12.4%
  • Too many semis, SMG's are fine.

Votes: 39 7.2%

• Total voters
Are the weapon loadouts still dependent upon the map? If so, it will fix a lot of these problems when good custom maps start coming out.

That and server realism settings, server admin settings, map settings, etc.... all of this will be far more customizable when the full version is released.

So none of this is really any serious concern.

I see people pumping up their chests and going on about "Well I'm an RO:Ost Vet and I know what I'm talking about."

Well I'm an RO:CA vet..... now let's unzip our pants and plunk'em on the table to see who's is bigger. :rolleyes:

None of it matters and none of it makes anybody else's opinion better than someone else's.

Opinions are everywhere.... so look at the facts instead.

Much of all of what everyone is complaining about can and will be modified.

That's it... what's more is there to complain about?

Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
That and server realism settings, server admin settings, map settings, etc.... all of this will be far more customizable when the full version is released.

So none of this is really any serious concern.

I see people pumping up their chests and going on about "Well I'm an RO:Ost Vet and I know what I'm talking about."

Well I'm an RO:CA vet..... now let's unzip our pants and plunk'em on the table to see who's is bigger. :rolleyes:

None of it matters and none of it makes anybody else's opinion better than someone else's.

Opinions are everywhere.... so look at the facts instead.

Much of all of what everyone is complaining about can and will be modified.

That's it... what's more is there to complain about?

Server options dont let you change loadouts and that is the complaint. If some people want to play 50% smg then fine but atleast give us an option to change it without having to make a new map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Server options dont let you change loadouts and that is the complaint

Devs have said in the past that just about every aspect of the game can be modified, and I'm sure if the devs don't make this optional and changable, then someone will come along and make something so that it can be.... and if that doesn't happen, then there will be piles of maps to choose from that will be created by the community..... so again, there's nothing to complain about.

Upvote 0
Devs have said in the past that just about every aspect of the game can be modified, and I'm sure if the devs don't make this optional and changable, then someone will come along and make something so that it can be.... and if that doesn't happen, then there will be piles of maps to choose from that will be created by the community..... so again, there's nothing to complain about.

all your ..... seem to be because you have no way of knowing and you are just assuming, just like many of us assumed that load outs, pssh drum, hero weapons, radar would all be customizable or different in realism mode, and were disappointed. Yeah there will probably be maps later on with realistic loadouts but good maps take time to make. If a dev would clarify about your statements then yes you would be right but that hasnt happened yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thats better than a bunch of rifle campers, who will play sniper instead of attacking objectives

I don't like rifle "snipers," either, but the fact is, there are tons of players "sniping" from rooftops and upper windows at 100m+ with MP40's, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Anyway, not much someone with a boltie can do under current circumstances besides hide from all the automatic weapons fire flying around.

Upvote 0
That's like saying "Sorry that our car engine is only available in a 140 HP model; if you want more you can always do an engine overhaul"

Then don't buy the car..... a better example would be like saying "I don't like the crosshairs and spotting icons in BF:BC2 because it's too easy to kill people" ..... when those elements can be turned off on the server side.

Having the current class loadouts as they current are has never been an issue for me personally. Sometimes I'm taken out easily by a SMG or Semi-Auto class, but more often I'm taken out by riflemen and MG's.

None of it really matters as in RO, all it takes to kill someone is one well placed bullet, regardless of the weapon in hand or how many of those weapons are in the game. If a certain weapon or class is dominating you, then you have to re-think your tactics, and that doesn't just mean that you switch to just camping & sniping from a distance..... it means that riflemen either have to be more careful of where and when you move and more importantly, stick with your team & don't run off to do your own thing all alone.

all your ..... seem to be because you have no way of knowing and you are just assuming, just like many of us assumed that load outs, pssh drum, hero weapons, radar would all be customizable or different in realism mode, and were disappointed.

What's wrong with the "Minimap" in Realism mode?

Three servers I played on last night were on Realism and nothing was displayed on the screen, not even the minimap. The only time someone showed up on the screen when when an objective was captured or you were hit.

Icon names over team mates were hardly ever seen unless you were right next to the player, which makes sense as in real life at certain distances you'd be able to recognize who was who on your team by looking at their faces / uniforms.

Yeah there will probably be maps later on with realistic loadouts but good maps take time to make. If a dev would clarify about your statements then yes you would be right but that hasnt happened yet.

Let me see what I can find in the archives to quote...... be back in a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You dont understand it's not like turning off nametags or what have you you have to make an entire new version of the map which means people who want to play on it have to download it.

Upvote 0
Anyway, not much someone with a boltie can do under current circumstances besides hide from all the automatic weapons fire flying around.

Other than move into the objective and *then* snipe from it?

Stop sitting back and spawn camping. I don't mind when the attacking team cuts off the routes of advance to the defenders, but when that's all they do and the round ends due to the map timer running out, without ever capturing the last two objectives... Ugh. :mad:

This rant is mostly in regard to Barracks, btw.

Upvote 0
So we shouldn't buy the car despite us liking everything else about it?

Or the company could listen to it's customers and make the 210 HP engine available...

This whole, "fix it yourself" school of thought is kind of disappointing.

Probably is, but you can't always get every single thing you want, you sometimes either have to compromise or do it yourself.

I weigh things accordingly.... I know there are a few things in the game and other things in my life where I like just about everything except one or two things, which I know probably everybody else likes, and vice versa..... chances are I won't get my way every single time or something I want just isn't in the to-do list.

So I determine for myself... is this thing that I want or don't want that big of a deal for me to simply not get it or get upset about, when everything else about that thing is perfect?

Can I live with it?

In regards to RO2, the answer is yes. If I wasn't getting a decent kill ratio often as an MG or Rifleman and everytime I encountered an SMG/Semi-Auto class I died..... or even if I dominated every rifleman I came across as an SMG/Semi-Auto class.... then I might see a problem and agree that something needs to be changed.

I don't, because when I'm a rifleman or MG'er I use different tactics from what I use with semi-auto or SMG classes...... I approach those classes in a different way, I don't camp the whole time, I advance with my team, but I move more cautiously and I don't be dumb by leading the charge.

Assault classes and Squad Leaders are exactly that..... Assault and Leading..... MG's and Riflemen are more geared for support. They can still go on the offensive, but you can't just go on the offensive like you're an assault class.

- Riflemen are limited by their rate of fire, but are superior in range.
- MG's are limited by their speed and setup time, as well as not being able to IS unless mounted... but superior in rate of fire and range.
- Assault Classes are limited by their accuracy & range, but have superior rate of fire and close quarters combat.
- E.Riflemen (Semi-Autos) are in the middle between Riflemen and Assault. They have good range and rate of fire, but they're not completely as great as either Riflemen or Assault in each category.

Regardless of the class you are and the class you're up against, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Knowing how to take advantage of them is the key to winning against them, regardless if you're only a rifleman and facing against three assault classes or vice versa.

Most of my kills as a riflemen have been mostly MG's and SMG classes and the class that takes me out the most, regardless of the class I am, has been mostly riflemen..... so imo, they don't need anymore of a bonus or boost than they already have. Most times when an SMG takes me out is when they run & gun behind my team's lines and come at me where I'm not expecting them.

On another note relating to my previous post, I've been trying to find the specific post I saw a while back towards customization, but the search function in these forums are a tad limited.

I will still keep looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Can I live with it?"

Bad attitude to have with a beta lol.

No, it's the right attitude, because it's a BETA

Can I live with a minor bug until it can be patched later on? Yes

Will it be that horrible that it needs to delay the game release? No

Do I think the Devs can fix a minor issue in a couple of days before the game is released? Yes

Do I think a game should be delayed indefinitely until all my issues and concerns are fixed perfectly? No

Again, look at Half-Life 1 and how many patches and updates were tossed onto that game in the span of a decade or so. It sure as heck wasn't perfect from the start.... no single game in the history of games (except maybe Atari games) have been flawless the moment it hits the release date.

Last edited:
Upvote 0