• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] IL2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Press Release/Video

Steam is really pissing me off, I purchased a pre-order of CoD and that worked fine. However I already had SH3, so as per the information in the ad I was just going to gift it to someone. However when I go to 'Manage Gifts and Guest Passes' it isn't listed there!

I'm sure it will be there, don't worry :)
Two weeks and we'll be battling it out in the sky be sure!

Upvote 0
I really want to preorder it but I really want a new PC before I go playing it :|

I fear my HD4850 Toxic and 2.4Ghz Phenom X4 will struggle.

I share your concern. The fastest CPU my motherboard would support was the AMD 965, so I bought that. Not comfortable overclocking, but maybe I will OC it to 3.8GHZ or so. I have a feeling this CPU, even OCed, will be a huge bottleneck though. :(

Hopefully we will see some benchmarks with CoD soon though.

Upvote 0
Aye tis what I'm waiting for.
Most of the newer AMD cpu's supported by my motherboard are hard to get hold of, so if I do upgrade I'll be forced into Mobo, CPU, graphics (and probably RAM, as the 4GB of DDR2 I have is getting on a bit).

The more I type the more I'm talking myself into wanting to do it...I'll be keeping my eye on Scan.co.uk's "TodayOnly" offers from now on!

Upvote 0
Going off topic...

You'll need DDR3 RAM. Most of the DDR2 motherboards are sold out, at least over here. Even then, if you are upgrading to a new motherboard with new CPU support (AM3) you'll need DDR3.

But if you are going to get a new motherboard and CPU, then go with Intel.

Assuming the motherboards cost the same, you get much more performance per dollar with Intel (in games):

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/203?vs=288

Might want to wait for AMD's new stuff.

We can hope these new CPUs can run CoD well... :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Steam is really pissing me off, I purchased a pre-order of CoD and that worked fine. However I already had SH3, so as per the information in the ad I was just going to gift it to someone. However when I go to 'Manage Gifts and Guest Passes' it isn't listed there!

Yeah, just pre-ordered and SH3 isn't there. Perhaps it'll show up on release? I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
I too am looking at upgrading for this, RO2 and Witcher 2. First off I have a Q9450, 6GB RAM and a GTX260. In the short term I am going to get a 6950 (and use the BIOS unlock to get it to 6970 speeds) and give the CPU a small overclock. I'll upgrade the CPU, motherboard and RAM in a few months.

I am undecided on whether to go with i5/i7 or one of the AMD hex cores.

Upvote 0