• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] IL2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Press Release/Video

I have the Steam version of IL2 1946. Can I still play online?

Yes. You just need to manually patch to 4.10 and 4.10.1 in case if you plan to use it instead of stick with 4.09 and UP. Hyperlobby is also compatible with the steam version, but you just need to point out the folder and you need to create atleast one cache folder manually, otherwise the mission briefings won't show up online at all. Additional one is necessary if you want the game to download custom skins, presuming the server allows them.

After that you're more or less all set ;)

Upvote 0
Yes. You just need to manually patch to 4.10 and 4.10.1 in case if you plan to use it instead of stick with 4.09 and UP. Hyperlobby is also compatible with the steam version, but you just need to point out the folder and you need to create atleast one cache folder manually, otherwise the mission briefings won't show up online at all. Additional one is necessary if you want the game to download custom skins, presuming the server allows them.

After that you're more or less all set ;)
OK I upgraded to 4.10 and 4.10.1 manually. Now what do I need to do?

Upvote 0
OK I upgraded to 4.10 and 4.10.1 manually. Now what do I need to do?

Go to Steam\Steamapps\common\IL-2\missions\net\ and create cache folder, then IL-2\paintschemes\ and create netcache, now the briefings are visible and as long as the server allows them + you have option setup right, custom skins are downloaded.

Download and install Hyperlobby http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2&orderby=dateA and basically follow the instructions. It has autosearch function, but you can always add IL-2 manually. Just remember to select IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 from the supported game list before pointing out the .exe.

Novfanaion said:
How did you go about doing that anyways?

You just download 4.10 and 4.10.1 and copypaste them manually in the Steam folder in respective order.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The question on everybody's mind atm, were is the "has gone gold announcement".
18 days left until release and we've yet to see the final press release, its about time.
Good point. I wouldn't mind it being delayed and polished more... it feels like they rushed it out the door with the release being date being so close to the release date announcement.

Upvote 0
I always have been a fan of IL-2 series, great game, but my pilot skills were awful on multiplayer :)

Do you know any details about release? Will it be released for steam perhaps?

It's been confirmed to appear on steam eventually, however if it will be available there on launch i dont know,
personally i can't wait when it's finally so close. The best part of it all, i'll get the same feeling later this year
with RO2 after another long wait :)

Upvote 0
This sucks, the only place to buy this game in Australia is the Ubisoft site. I am not paying $89.95 plus shipping for a ****ing digital download and Amazon US won't ship it here.

Do any of you guys know a US online store that will ship it to Australia?

Hmm,

Check this one out for digital:
http://www.justflight.com/default.asp

And this one for hardcopy, i ordered Rise of Flight from this one back in 2009 , went flawless. They don't have BoB listed yet as far as i can see but i can't imagine that they won't sell it. Only thing required would be FedEx in your country.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?cPath=2_21&sort=2a&page=2

Upvote 0
I don't get the point of the DRM if it's on Steam. From the sounds of that article it doesn't look bad, it just looks completely unnecessary. You're not allowed to install more than 3 copies at once but you wouldn't even be able to play two copies at the same time because of Steam anyway...
Yeah, from that article it doesn't look bad because of the activation regen.
Still doesn't change the fact that it's bull****.

Upvote 0