• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] IL2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Press Release/Video

Wow it looks like all this confusion over release dates and digital vs physical versions is becoming quite a fiasco ...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8071032709/m/1751069519

Now I'm totally confused -- apparently no one knows what versions will be available in the US. And the game is ****ing releasing in a week to three weeks! Ubisoft is absolutely pathetic.

Upvote 0
Damn. If that is the case, I will get a digital copy...

Yeah damn...me too there though. We'll see.

And let me get this straight. All versions will require Steam, correct? Will it have Ubisofts "Must have constant internet connection or kicked from the game" DRM? Limited activations?

Yes to Steam for multiplayer online matchmaking only.
No to constant internet connection DRM. One time on-line authentication only.

Upvote 0
Damn. If that is the case, I will get a digital copy...

And let me get this straight. All versions will require Steam, correct? Will it have Ubisofts "Must have constant internet connection or kicked from the game" DRM? Limited activations?
You only need to be connected to the internet for installation. After that it doesn't matter. And that thread (later) also says that they WONT be using Steam's DRM, only the other kind.

So much confusion of information. It's really pathetic how Ubisoft doesn't give a flying **** about this game.

Upvote 0
You only need to be connected to the internet for installation. After that it doesn't matter. And that thread (later) also says that they WONT be using Steam's DRM, only the other kind.

So much confusion of information. It's really pathetic how Ubisoft doesn't give a flying **** about this game.

Yeah indeed :( its kinda sad that a game with more passion than any call of duty ever released gets such a bad attention from the publisher, Oleg even stated that he might be leaving game developed due to the "slave" work they've to put up with.(He made strong references to Ubi in one of his posts and who can blame him)

It's quite obvious that 1C handles this game very well in the east but Ubisoft does not do the same in the West :/. Wish i could support the dev team more directly than having any money go by Ubi.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
After doing some reading in that thread, it's safe to say those vids are from the beta. At the time of their posting, even the Russian version hadn't been unlocked yet. My guess is that the poser is a beta tester and the NDA went up, so he posted them.

I second that, especially since the sounds do not resemble those release in some later ingame videos. Most likely a lifted NDA and some released beta clips.

Anyway i doubt Ubisoft will ruin the game itself Oleg would never allow that, however i am concerned about the future for 1C maddox games, i hope they collect enough of a profit to take a nice long vacation and continue to do what they do best, flight simulators! :)

Here is a dev video btw, its old but they translated it to english recently i believe.
YouTube - Dev Diary Part 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0