• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

wow this needs to be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the deal with people dont post in this thread unless you have somthing half decent you say my god what is wrong with you. And yes it is broken let me put it in a way you might accualy be able to comprehend mr 2 gigs over there gets to pick what ever weapon he wants all the time every time while mr 512mb over there never gets the weapon he wants all ways gets stuck with a rifle and by the time he loads the game has alread been going on. Now how is this fair answer it isnt that is why I created this thread to brain storm ideas to make this fair. Mr 512 payed just as much for the game as mr 2 gigs so why should he get less out of it. Now perhaps you could come up with a half decent idea instead of posting usless crap. If you do accualy come up with a idea post it I will be happy to listen and perhaps tw will listen and implement it so mr 512 will be happy. And btw if you accualy had the patience to read my whole post I dont have 512 RAM I have a gig so this isnt a problem for me I am thinking of other people.
Happy?

I do admit, though, that Tak's post was a bit smartassed, but damn, you just let it go on him.

:(

Upvote 0
Ever tryed asking the sniper nicely to give you his class?
Worked for me several times,but the only condition is you have to be good with it;all the suggestion on force switching sound quite dumb to me...
And as for all the other weapon complaints,try to pick up dropped weapons,a picked up pistol saved my ass alot of times as a rifleman...

Upvote 0
Well, most of the people you have asked who seem to have a lot a RAM and get in first choose the RIFLE.

Maybe you should be complaining that everyone with better rigs is jumping in and grabbing the Rifle first and everyone else is stuck with the lousy SMGs.
:D

Seriously, on most maps, even after they load and the server is full or mostly full, if you go back into the class selections, there are usually an engineer, or assualt trooper slots open. Not always, but most of the time that I do look.

And at the same time, saying its not fair for people who don't have better machines is getting weak. The rest of us shouldn't suffer because it is not our responsibility for people not buying better machines, or upgrading their current machines. Maybe they can't afford better ones now, maybe in the future they can, or maybe they choose to spend $50 a week on beer or going out to the movies instead. Maybe they spent their money on a big SUV and don't want to spend it on their computer. Maybe their wives might get pissed if they spent more money on their gaming machine. Whatever, doesn't matter to me, I just don't think the rest of us should suffer because not everyone has at least 1 GB of RAM. Heck my 14 year old son got a job at a camp this summer and made some good money he spent on his computer and games.

I will repeat, if someone comes up with a great suggestion, fine. But I haven't seen anything worth mentioning or anything that seems workable yet to replace what I see as a system that works well at the moment.

Upvote 0
Let me guess you have about 2 gigs of RAM.

Nope, I have 1 gig of RAM. Just as much as you have, yet I still can pick any class I want very regularly. Strange.

You didn't reply to people's advice of getting a job, so I guess you're just lazy to find some work. That's your choice.

We'll have a game sometime once I have the time. What map would you want to play on? You will be murdered. :D

Upvote 0
I have a nice fast rig and often end up with a weapon that is not my favorite but hey that's life. I find that if I am stuck with a ppsh and I wanted a semi auto rifle I just follow people that have what I want, they are killed and I just pick it up and hey presto! I have what I wanted for the rest of my "life".

Even better is to take a Kar98 off a dead German and use it against his team mates, from cover they hear the distinctive sound and "think" its one of their own, until its too late.

Upvote 0
Y'know. I really just made this account to say this. Which has been really bothering me as of late.

You claim to be very good with the SMG, Yet. You're complaining about the fact that you 'never' get it. Well, Its tough to see how you're good, when you have no actual experience with the weapon. Anyway. other than that. You seem to be quite rude. yet, you expect people to be A-Okay with that fact and reply to you without flaming, Which many are, including myself.
instead of bashing anything non-automatic. and ignoring posts like these, Just live with the damn fact that you're not gonna get your SMG until these guys actually give a **** about your concerns. You'll just have to live with it. Heh, plus... I like how you say 'you can only hit someone if they're still with a rifle' Thats very untrue, if you havent noticed ,this game has a 'ballistics system' in it. which means, The bullet will take time to travel, and will drop at a certain range, I'm very familiar with this system, so I find it very easy to nail people with the rifle. close or far. Plus, It doesnt really matter if the gun is Automatic or not. SAying the SMG will always come ontop is very untrue, its more of the shooter, and reaction time for that. I've seen many riflemen just obliterate SMGers and other automatic wielders with ease. Dont forget, we have bayonets too.

anyway, enough with my little rant:
To be honest with you, I dont like the idea of having to start out crappily to get a better weapon later on in the game, Liek many have said, you can just either check the class screen frequently, or pick up the weapon. You seem to think, no matter what, you'll be shot after picking that up. its true. You will be shot no matter where you go. live with it.
Every time I'm killed, and want to try something auto, I just check the screen then, and i get what I want 50% of the time, Though, I do tend to stick to the much smaller populated servers.
Just please, try to be more kind with your posts and dont scream at anything that goes against your own oppinion, its rather sickening. and childish.

and lastly. I must appologize for my crummy grammar, English isnt my first language.

Upvote 0
............., I'm very familiar with this system, so I find it very easy to nail people with the rifle. close or far. Plus, It doesnt really matter if the gun is Automatic or not. SAying the SMG will always come ontop is very untrue, its more of the shooter, and reaction time for that. I've seen many riflemen just obliterate SMGers and other automatic wielders with ease. Dont forget, we have bayonets too...........

Got a chance to play with my son (PHILLY) Sunday on Berezina, we were some of the first in the server and we both picked a rifle as Russians. At one point, we were about to loose the 2nd Defense Line, my son was the only one left there and with his rifle and bayonet, eliminated the three Germans who were using SMGs trying to cap the trench, and it allowed the rest of us move back up and to hold the line for another 5 or so minutes. And he only gets to play RO 2 or 3 hours a week.

As above, the simple point of my statement was "Don't underestimate the rifle"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.