• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

wow this needs to be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtkalal

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
I absolutly hate the way RO does class restrictions. The people that load the fastest with 2000 dollar rigs with like 2 gigs of RAM always get the good weapons even if they just take it just because they can. My rig is not slow if thats what you are thinking I have a gig of RAM and always can get somthing good but not the mg very much even though I am very very good with it some idiot takes it and just assaults with it:mad: . This needs to be fixed now this is absolutly horrible. I feel sorry for those guys that dont have a rich mommy to buy them the best parts :( they get stuck with a rifle. And no a rifle is not the best weapon it is the worst it will get absolutly owned by smgs at anything but medium long and long range. Long range it still ****s unless your target is still then it is good. I dont want tw to abolish the class restrictions that would kill the game but somthing needs to be done about this. People with less RAM payed the same price for the game they should have just as much a chance to use the weapons as the guys with like 2 gigs of RAM. I bet some guys with only 512 RAM have never even used a sniper or mg maybe even smg:eek: . It is also unbalanced because they can load so fast that they get in the game before anyone and start to cap.
Now for suggestions. 1. once every one is in the game and loaded the classes would become open so people can pick. Problem with this it would be all twitch fest for weapons. 2. random who gets what. Problem kinda dumb and imersion breaking. 3. classes rotated after 5 mins or whatever time is apropriate. Problem imersion breaking. 4. I like this the most you get a certain amount of lives for each class. Problem encourages camping but on the plus it would encouge less rambo. 5. the amount of points you got less round dictates what weapons you can get example you do good get the most points you get whatever weapon you want.
I am sure I could think of more but give me some suggestions and disscus. Hopfuly tw will implement some fix though I doubt they care.

The guys [...]with like 2 gigs of RAM always get the good weapons

133lg4.gif

Well, but actually I agree with you, even if I am one of these Guys.

Upvote 0
Gotta love that rifleman elitism...:D

I think the only valid solution is to base it on the score. Have it so when the round starts, everyone is the same class and then other classes unlock as players get higher scores. Make a minimum score for the players to be able to choose other classes (maybe 20 points). Thereafter, the highest scoring players get the guns they want, up to the maximum class limits of course.

The problem: The scoring system needs serious work to make it fair for players of all classes.

Upvote 0
Well, I didn't say 10 points, I said 20. I also said that the scoring system needs to be reworked to make it worth basing class selections on. It's all in the details, man.

In any case, if a bunch of guys rush and get the first couple of capzones right at the beginning of the game, what's wrong with that? How often do you see that happen right now? Players dick around too much.

Upvote 0
I absolutly hate the way RO does class restrictions. The people that load the fastest with 2000 dollar rigs with like 2 gigs of RAM always get the good weapons even if they just take it just because they can. My rig is not slow if thats what you are thinking I have a gig of RAM and always can get somthing good but not the mg very much even though I am very very good with it some idiot takes it and just assaults with it:mad: . This needs to be fixed now this is absolutly horrible. I feel sorry for those guys that dont have a rich mommy to buy them the best parts :( they get stuck with a rifle. And no a rifle is not the best weapon it is the worst it will get absolutly owned by smgs at anything but medium long and long range. Long range it still ****s unless your target is still then it is good. I dont want tw to abolish the class restrictions that would kill the game but somthing needs to be done about this. People with less RAM payed the same price for the game they should have just as much a chance to use the weapons as the guys with like 2 gigs of RAM. I bet some guys with only 512 RAM have never even used a sniper or mg maybe even smg:eek: . It is also unbalanced because they can load so fast that they get in the game before anyone and start to cap.
Now for suggestions. 1. once every one is in the game and loaded the classes would become open so people can pick. Problem with this it would be all twitch fest for weapons. 2. random who gets what. Problem kinda dumb and imersion breaking. 3. classes rotated after 5 mins or whatever time is apropriate. Problem imersion breaking. 4. I like this the most you get a certain amount of lives for each class. Problem encourages camping but on the plus it would encouge less rambo. 5. the amount of points you got less round dictates what weapons you can get example you do good get the most points you get whatever weapon you want.
I am sure I could think of more but give me some suggestions and disscus. Hopfuly tw will implement some fix though I doubt they care.

If you weren't such a snippy ass about it, maybe TW WOULD take notice.

You are one of those lazies who can't be bothered to check up on the weapons selection screen during your respawn time. Here is a hint: People do LEAVE mid-game and people DO switch classes. You act like once someone has a class it is frozen and set in stone that you may not change to that class.

Upvote 0
If you weren't such a snippy ass about it, maybe TW WOULD take notice.

You are one of those lazies who can't be bothered to check up on the weapons selection screen during your respawn time. Here is a hint: People do LEAVE mid-game and people DO switch classes. You act like once someone has a class it is frozen and set in stone that you may not change to that class.
You sir are an idiot. I check up on the classes every time I die somtimes more. Once someone has a weapon there is no way to get unless they leave comon how many people leave if they get the sniper. Why dont you take out your RAM and see how much fun you have get in the game when the first points are already capped get your rifle and get raped by the better weapons.

Upvote 0
You sir are an idiot. I check up on the classes every time I die somtimes more. Once someone has a weapon there is no way to get unless they leave comon how many people leave if they get the sniper. Why dont you take out your RAM and see how much fun you have get in the game when the first points are already capped get your rifle and get raped by the better weapons.

Uh...I have broadband and a fast computer, but it is a local broadband so I don't connect quickly enough usually to get a "super-weapon." And I do just plain fine with rifles, in fact I do much better with bolt-action rifles than other weapons on some days. I check up on classes all the time, and thusly, I frequently get sub-machine guns and machine-guns and sniper rifles.

Upvote 0
Really Man, you become one with the rifle and it's as good if not better than any of the other weapons.
Also what prohibits you from picking up another fallen soldiers weapon?
Dude if I am close to you with an smg you are going to die no way around that. If you are far away I would snipe you no way around that. If you are medium range I would mg you down see my point:) . If you pick up a fallen soilders weapon once you die its gone so it dosnt realy make a difence.|EDIT| New idea first once everyone is in and loaded then it opens for people to pick then each round after that the classes are rotated example if you are a sniper next round you have to pick somthing else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Either you seriously overestimate your SMG skillz, or you've never played against anyone worth their salt as a rifleman.

I've got one of the computers you're talking about in the first post, and with a connection to match. I almost always choose the rifleman. Submachineguns are completely overrated. A rifle, in my experience, usually wins at close range anyway. Especially if the SMGer is a complete idiot and thinks he's a good shot. SMGs are the tool of the person who cannot aim. That's all. If you're not good at playing Red Orchestra, you pick up an SMG. There's some skill involved, certainly, but it's not as controllable or reliable as a bolt-action. Rather than personal skill, you're relying on a lucky spray to get your kills.

The forced switch idea is.. rather bad. If it can be disabled, it wouldn't be that bad, but only because no server admin in their right mind would enable it. A point-unlock system wouldn't work either, just because an MG is rather nice to have at the start of a map like Stalingrad Kessel where the German team might not reach 20 points until the warehouse gets capped and recapped.

jtkalal said:
It is also unbalanced because they can load so fast that they get in the game before anyone and start to cap.

I'm dearly sorry people with fast computers unbalance the game. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Either you seriously overestimate your SMG skillz, or you've never played against anyone worth their salt as a rifleman.

I've got one of the computers you're talking about in the first post, and with a connection to match. I almost always choose the rifleman. Submachineguns are completely overrated. A rifle, in my experience, usually wins at close range anyway. Especially if the SMGer is a complete idiot and thinks he's a good shot. SMGs are the tool of the person who cannot aim. That's all. If you're not good at playing Red Orchestra, you pick up an SMG. There's some skill involved, certainly, but it's not as controllable or reliable as a bolt-action. Rather than personal skill, you're relying on a lucky spray to get your kills.

The forced switch idea is.. rather bad. If it can be disabled, it wouldn't be that bad, but only because no server admin in their right mind would enable it. A point-unlock system wouldn't work either, just because an MG is rather nice to have at the start of a map like Stalingrad Kessel where the German team might not reach 20 points until the warehouse gets capped and recapped.

I'm dearly sorry people with fast computers unbalance the game. :(
dude you seriously overestimate your rifle skills an smg at close range can almost never be beat that is what they were desingined for. With a rifle you have one shot pretty much you miss your dead you might not even get the first shot anyway an smg can fire up to 900 rpm that is 15 rounds a second and it can hold up to 50. The only thing a rifle excels at is long range but only if the target is standing still otherwise it is very hard and requires luck. I have dodged many a riflemen shots zig zagging accros streets. And no a rifle almost never wins close range your logic is seriously flawed.

Upvote 0
Really Man, you become one with the rifle and it's as good if not better than any of the other weapons.
Also what prohibits you from picking up another fallen soldiers weapon?

Exactly my opinion. I don't have the fastest comp at my disposal but i've more than once started sniping Germany's finest with a scoped G-43. :cool:

Upvote 0
Out of 10x I'm in close combat with a SMG gunner while I have a rifle I will take them down about 5-6x. The key is to keep moving. They will almost never pull up sights and if they're Russian the papasha has crazy recoil.
hmm you must be good because if you pull up your sites you are dead but how else do you get a good aim, hipshot. The disavantage for a rifle in close combat is huge only like one shot you cant pull up sites etc the smg has you beat in so many ways.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.