• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

wow this needs to be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
very much even though I am very very good with it; some idiot takes it and just assaults with it:mad:.
You must prove it before saying that you're wery good with it. It's team support class, not 'fragger'.
This needs to be fixed - now this is absolutly horrible. I feel sorry for those guys that dont have a rich mommy to buy them the best parts :(
Of course, need to try and find some work. Then buy 2 Gigs of RAM ;)
they get stuck with a rifle. And no a rifle is not the best weapon it is the worst it will get absolutly owned by smgs at anything but medium long and long range.
I'd not say that. What's long range for you? Automatics are good up to 50-60 meters in hands of skilled player. Rifles can be used effectively up to 150 meters (non scoped).
I bet some guys with only 512 RAM have never even used a sniper or mg maybe even smg:eek: .
Sometimes, nobody takes LMG class, because player need some skills and team support - its too hard to deploy MG when someone shoot at you. Of course, SMG class adn even squad leader class (eee its cool :) ) allowed to me (I think some players do not like to play NCO because he got smokys and u cannot kill with them :) )
You lost bet ;)
It is also unbalanced because they can load so fast that they get in the game before anyone and start to cap.
On some servers there are start delay for attacking team.

p.s. though I played sniper only one time :( On blood forest, when player decided that it's useless class in that map :)

Upvote 0
I also agree the current system should be looked at. Sorry but "learn to use the rifle" is not a valid answer. You guys are missing the point. It's not about whether smg or the rifle or any other class is better better than another. It's that some people never or rarely get the chance to use the weapons they want. Unfortunately, I don't know an easy (i.e., noncontroversial) way to solve this problem.

Upvote 0
I also agree the current system should be looked at. Sorry but "learn to use the rifle" is not a valid answer. You guys are missing the point. It's not about whether smg or the rifle or any other class is better better than another. It's that some people never or rarely get the chance to use the weapons they want. Unfortunately, I don't know an easy (i.e., noncontroversial) way to solve this problem.
I completly agree.

Upvote 0
dude you seriously overestimate your rifle skills an smg at close range can almost never be beat

I hope you realize that you are speaking to arguably the best rifleman in RO. An SMG at close range can never be beat hmm? Oh, I suppose all those rifle hipshots at less than 2 meters don't account for anything. When one masters the rifle, he is deadlier than an SMGer, because he can effectively engage at close, medium, and long range combat. I'm an incredible rifle hipshooter, you just have to figure out where your bullet is going to go by looking at the position of your gun on the screen. It takes practice but is incredibly effective.

Upvote 0
I hope you realize that you are speaking to arguably the best rifleman in RO. An SMG at close range can never be beat hmm? Oh, I suppose all those rifle hipshots at less than 2 meters don't account for anything. When one masters the rifle, he is deadlier than an SMGer, because he can effectively engage at close, medium, and long range combat. I'm an incredible rifle hipshooter, you just have to figure out where your bullet is going to go by looking at the position of your gun on the screen. It takes practice but is incredibly effective.

qft

seriously,
it just takes some time. And if you get mowed down all the time by those pesky smgs, just fall back, and let your teams smgs handle the threat.
Once you are good enough for close range hipshots, you'll be fine

Upvote 0
THe price of your computer has nothing to do with this.

I have a "old" Athlon 2500+ with 1 GB of RAM and I still can pick the class I want most of the time.
If it makes you any happier I never use sniper anyway but I get my chance for SMGs and MGs when I want to.

True. I have an even older rig (AMD2000+, GF4 and 1 gig of memory) and I can usually pick any class i want. I am frantic about maintainance though, so this old rig still runs very smooth and very fast becasue I clean up and don't run crazy apps.
But it would be nice to have a more 'fair' system in place.

Upvote 0
I don't have an uber rig, its over 3 years old, but I do have a decent connection and I get in before most people. Most of the time I take the rifle. Occasionally I take the semi if it is available. Rarely do I take anything else. I am generally very good at it at long and medium range, and average at close range. For the most part, I don't much like the smgs. It's not the weapons, its just the closer ranges needed to use them remind me of COD2 :p . Seriously, I just haven't practiced with them enough.

I like the system as it is. Trying to accomodate everyone's slower connections, or older computers would be bad enough. But I am sure that there are plenty of people out there who have 'messy rigs' with tons of junk, spyware, needless startup programs (AOL) bogging down their memory and cpu, almost never defragment their hard drives, etc etc (I know a few) that cause long loading times. Just how far are you going to go to accomadate every person and make most of the other people wait for them? Are you going to wait for people entering the server a couple seconds after the map loads compared to those staying from the previous map? Where is the cutoff?

So saying everyone else takes the good weapons before you get a chance to load is not necessarily true. I have at times seen the assault classes still open when the rounds start on a full server also, just because people don't pick those classes.

I am not trying to be mean or careless to those who want better weapons, I just suggest picking up other weapons or constantly checking back in the team class screen for open spot. You can also click another class and it will attempt to respawn you as that class if the spot opens up when you die, so you can continue to play on in the meantime.

At the same time, dissing everyone who has a better computer saying it was bought by their 'rich mommy' makes me care a bit less about your post. How many of us here have bought our computers with our own money and are adults! And at the same time when you make your suggestions, whether good or bad, ending it in "Hopfuly tw will implement some fix though I doubt they care." is not the best way to grab their attention and endear you to them. On top of that, ranting that the rifle is the worst weapon is strictly a matter of opinion, you sound as if someone handed you a butter knife and said 'CHARGE". :D I could easily argue the rifle, semi and assualt rifles are the best weapons over the smgs.

Anyway, I don't think the current system is horrible and like it exactly the way it is.

--------------------

Just a suggestion (to anyone), when you type out long posts, use capitalization, periods, and seperate paragraphs, especially paragraphs. Its almost a turn off the read them otherwise.

Upvote 0
I have a slow computer too. It's like 5 years old and gets 16-20 fps on large maps. I rarely defragment and have done only basic tweaking, but somehow I still load faster than most and get my beloved SVT 85% of the time so I'm not defending only my cause here. On a second thought, this is not entirely about fast rigs having advantage over slower ones, although it's closely related. This is about principle! Even if all 32 players on the server had uber-super-rigs that loads the map in 2 secs each, someone has to get the snipers, semi-autos, and smgs just because either they pushed the button .01 sec faster, or god decided they should have 'em, or some glitch in the Matrix occurred, who knows. Maybe that's fair, maybe not. But I say it's not and I think we can do better than leaving it up to Fate or some guy with the faster gaming rig.

Upvote 0
O yeah guys do not I repeat do not post responses such as 'Well just get better with a rifle' or 'buy a new pc' Are not valid responses, and do not contribute to this thread in any way, and just make you look like an asshat.

And saying that rifles are the ****iest weapons of the game and anyone who says they can use them with great skill above other weapons is a liar/fool isn't being an asshat?

Upvote 0
I don't believe any weapon has much advantage over any other. They each have their own purpose and should work in concert to achieve the objectives. A lot depends on the player's experience. I almost always choose a bolt because I like that style of play. I usually do fine.

I don't know how to solve the problem of weapon distribution. I suppose one way would be to randomly assign classes to incoming players and let them sort it out as play progresses. That seems like a terrible waste of time and energy. I'm not sure there is a solution that doesn't waste a lot of time at the beginning of every game or round.

Upvote 0
I don't know how to solve the problem of weapon distribution. I suppose one way would be to randomly assign classes to incoming players and let them sort it out as play progresses. That seems like a terrible waste of time and energy. I'm not sure there is a solution that doesn't waste a lot of time at the beginning of every game or round.

Yeah, that first round is the problem, although even the latter rounds can be a problem if it's decided on score alone since MGers and snipers cap and score less than the more mobile smgs and riflemen even if they play well. I really can't think of even a remotely good solution. How do other games handle this problem?

Upvote 0
I agree that a better system could be used for choosing classes. I don't like the idea of everyone starting out with lamo equipment though.

I think the real problem is that once you pick a class, you can hoard it for the entire map. IMHO (and I've stated this before), you should only get a number of lives with a class as the # of that class is allowed on the map.

You can then "buy" more lives with your score. So good players will get to keep the good equipment, and lousy players will eventually get stuck with rifles.

Upvote 0
So good players will get to keep the good equipment, and lousy players will eventually get stuck with rifles.
Hey! A rifle is a good weapon!:mad:
:D

I understand what you're saying but if the better people all choose SMGs then they'll have little long range support for their attack. Somebody has to take out the MGs and as many defenders as possible before the SMGs get into close combat. Well, maybe nobody has to take out the defenders but it certainly makes the SMG job easier.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.