• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

wow this needs to be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this, I have a fast pc and it isnt really fair on people who cant connect fast enough to get good weapons. Some newbys who cant use rifles might like to use the machine gun... But they cant connect fast enough to use it. But would it make the game unrealistic due to how many rifle man mger's machinegunners ect... there were in some maps? And in the realwar?

Upvote 0
And no a rifle is not the best weapon it is the worst it will get absolutly owned by smgs at anything but medium long and long range. Long range it still ****s unless your target is still then it is good.

This is complete rubbish. The smg IS better (i.e. easier) than the bolt at short range because of the ROF, BUT the advantage the bolt has is that no matter what the smger does if the bolter aims his hip shot in the right place the smger will die before he can kill the bolter. Also you try to make out the bolt ****s at long range because targets move. Sorry but this is bs again. I usually know quite well where I need to aim when someone's moving and am quite successful. Weaving and zig zagging from side to side does help but you can only do this so long before you need to find cover and regain stamina. Thing is if you can't get into close range with your smg then chances are high you're going to die before you even get into your effective range. Yes there are times when I prefer the smg, on maps were you're likely to meet hordes of smgers such as Stalingrad Kessel or Krasny Octabyr, but generally I prefer the bolt because of its versatility.

I advise some bolt practicing. If you're "stuck" with the bolt sometimes then just practice to the point that its not a hindrence. Go on a map like Grey Ghosts of War and select the bolt and try to limit yourself to hip shots and bayonet stabs. This is a very good practice map because most people will have a bolt too (but some will have taken the pistol). You respawn instantly and very close to the action because of the size of the map.

I know you said you don't want to discuss this point, but you can't just make false statements then ignore all the reasons why you're wrong.

Anyway back on topic, I don't have a problem with the current system because even with my 3-4 year old PC I can still regularly take whichever class I want, except the sniper usually but then I prefer the bolt anyway. If I thought the bolt ****ed then I would get fed up with having to play with it but I think you just need to practice with it.

Upvote 0
If you want to have a better chance at getting the weapon you want, I would suggest joining a clan or one of the on line RO tournaments. I don't think that modding a pub server for weapons selection isn't the way to go. Personally I prefer a bolt or a semi so I would not like to be forced into using an smg or mg. If you base it on points and if everyone starts with a rifle, the best riflers would not change weapons anyway so now who gets it? I don't know which servers you play on but the majority of the time the riflers are the ones at the top of the kill list (and I don't mean the sniper). I think its good that you are looking out for the poor and downtrodden though.

Upvote 0
I load pretty slowly, but I still get the option to take mose roles except sniper. My suggestion would be to join a server with less people. dont always go for something that already has 30 people in it.

My solution would be after each round have the map reload, and let everyone jump to get their weapon selected again. This will also clear out any left over smoke, or rubble from the last fight.

Upvote 0
Ok well so far almost nobody has accualy said anything usefull or come up with a half decent idea. All people have been doing is saying how they would own me with their rifles and calling me an idiot for not typing correctly thx guys you sure have alot to contribute to this thread with your ideas. I will repeat myself help me think of ideas to fix this problem because people with less RAM payed the same price for the game should have just as much of a chance to use other weapons as the people with very good rigs. Now if you dont have anything constructive to say such as flaming me for dissing your presious rifles or not typing with exelent grammer dont post. And like I said before I do get a good weapon most of the time I have 1 gig of RAM I am thinking of the other guys that dont have 2000 bucks to spend on a computer should get equal rights for weapons as the guys with awsome rigs. I do not give a **** witch weapons are better or how much you own with them I care about giving everybody a chance to use diffent weapons. If you are going to post comments such as 'I have a better rig than you I get whatever class I want get a better computer' dont even bother posting.

Upvote 0
Its just that this has been discussed to death, and the conclusion that has been reached pretty much every single time is that you dont fix something that isnt broken.

As far as what weapons "the best players" pick, its usually a rifle. Very rarely do you see someone like meatsim (where is that guy) who would for example take the russian automatic on kaukaus every single time and completely destroy the other team.

Getting to use different weapons seems like a legit desire, but you can probably find that by going to a server that isnt completely full. Also just because people have better connections/computers doesnt mean that they will pick a "better" class. There is no such thing as a better class, it is what class THEY are better at its not always the one that they have the chance to practice the most.

Upvote 0
And no a rifle is not the best weapon it is the worst it will get absolutly owned by smgs at anything but medium long and long range. Long range it still ****s unless your target is still then it is good.

Sorry, but if you can't hit a long-range target with a rifle you need more practice. Don't blame your ****iness on the game!:D

Also, what keeps you from picking up an MG? Looting pays off.

I don't get to play MG that much often either (1 gig of ram), but really it's not a problem. If you're fast you should be able to get MG quite a many times.

Also, keep your PC clean, it helps a lot.

Gotta love that rifleman elitism...:D
I live it. :D

Upvote 0
Its just that this has been discussed to death, and the conclusion that has been reached pretty much every single time is that you dont fix something that isnt broken.

As far as what weapons "the best players" pick, its usually a rifle. Very rarely do you see someone like meatsim (where is that guy) who would for example take the russian automatic on kaukaus every single time and completely destroy the other team.

Getting to use different weapons seems like a legit desire, but you can probably find that by going to a server that isnt completely full. Also just because people have better connections/computers doesnt mean that they will pick a "better" class. There is no such thing as a better class, it is what class THEY are better at its not always the one that they have the chance to practice the most.
I dont think you are getting the point I dont care if a rifle is the best I dont give a **** its just that the people with faster computers can pick whatever weapon they want when the people with slow computer always get stuck with rifles I dont care if you pwn with a rifle what if the person that has a slow computer is a great sniper but never gets it instead some idiot with 4 gigs of RAM 'yes I seen a guy with that much' gets it and is horrible HEY LOOK A SNIPER!!!!1111. People with slower computers should have just as much of a chance to use other weapons as the other guys they payed the same price for it why not. And yes it is broken dont even try to say that I am sure you have like 2 gigs of RAM so you could care less.

Upvote 0
I dont think you are getting the point I dont care if a rifle is the best I dont give a **** its just that the people with faster computers can pick whatever weapon they want

Welcome to online video gaming. PC gaming costs (a lot of) money, and the sooner you accept that the sooner you will stop complaining about trivial stuff like this.

People with the faster computers load the level faster than the people with slower PC's, nothing you can do about it. No need to get angry about it.

Having said that, the best piece of advice I can give is you go find a job in the local supermarket or something so you can upgrade your PC.

Believe me, you won't regret it.

Also, if you want to prove you're a better SMG'er than I am a rifleman, I'd love to play you once. One on one. We'll post scores here. :D

Upvote 0
Welcome to online video gaming. PC gaming costs (a lot of) money, and the sooner you accept that the sooner you will stop complaining about trivial stuff like this.

People with the faster computers load the level faster than the people with slower PC's, nothing you can do about it. No need to get angry about it.

Having said that, the best piece of advice I can give is you go find a job in the local supermarket or something so you can upgrade your PC.

Believe me, you won't regret it.

Also, if you want to prove you're a better SMG'er than I am a rifleman, I'd love to play you once. One on one. We'll post scores here. :D
Let me guess you have about 2 gigs of RAM. I just said about 5 times I could care less what weapon is bettter. I created this thread to brainstorm ideas to make this issue fair and yes somthing can be done any of the reasons I stated maybe if you would accualy have somthing usfull to say you could think of an idea of your own:eek: btw I would like to play you one on one for fun my xfire name is 'jtkalal' add me and we can set up a game:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is fair. Just as fair as when I try to play CS or DoD:S and get slaughtered by someone with 10000000 bucks to my 100, or the guy who got the 'rocket' slot because the host is running a class-selection mod.

Wait, lets look at that a minute. In a game where classes are entirely open, there is a very popular set of mods that *restrict* those classes! And...and what's this? There is no 'high score gets first pick' mod to go along with it?

Why...I do say I think we're on to something here...

Shorter, less sarcastic answer: It *isn't* broke. Do what everyone else has done since the mod and deal with it. You can do that by a) checking the class list throughout the game; b) go out and take the weapon you want from the field. It's that simple.

(and damnit, I was ready to go off and carry this on for a half a page, but my bloody phone rang after b) :()

Upvote 0
It is fair. Just as fair as when I try to play CS or DoD:S and get slaughtered by someone with 10000000 bucks to my 100, or the guy who got the 'rocket' slot because the host is running a class-selection mod.

Wait, lets look at that a minute. In a game where classes are entirely open, there is a very popular set of mods that *restrict* those classes! And...and what's this? There is no 'high score gets first pick' mod to go along with it?

Why...I do say I think we're on to something here...

Shorter, less sarcastic answer: It *isn't* broke. Do what everyone else has done since the mod and deal with it. You can do that by a) checking the class list throughout the game; b) go out and take the weapon you want from the field. It's that simple.

(and damnit, I was ready to go off and carry this on for a half a page, but my bloody phone rang after b) :()
what is the deal with people dont post in this thread unless you have somthing half decent you say my god what is wrong with you. And yes it is broken let me put it in a way you might accualy be able to comprehend mr 2 gigs over there gets to pick what ever weapon he wants all the time every time while mr 512mb over there never gets the weapon he wants all ways gets stuck with a rifle and by the time he loads the game has alread been going on. Now how is this fair answer it isnt that is why I created this thread to brain storm ideas to make this fair. Mr 512 payed just as much for the game as mr 2 gigs so why should he get less out of it. Now perhaps you could come up with a half decent idea instead of posting usless crap. If you do accualy come up with a idea post it I will be happy to listen and perhaps tw will listen and implement it so mr 512 will be happy. And btw if you accualy had the patience to read my whole post I dont have 512 RAM I have a gig so this isnt a problem for me I am thinking of other people.

Upvote 0
I get the impression you only want people to post if they agree with you. You just have to face it that some people do not and you do not like that fact. Maybe their (and my) suggestion is to leave it the way it is. It is really that simple. They do not want another method implemented and are voicing just that. If they don't state that and only people who agreed with you posted, then it may appear (falsely I may add) that the majority agree with you.

Now, I haven't seen a better method or suggestion posted, but if someone comes up with one, I would listen. Just remember, someones idea of better is for the most part a matter of opinion.

My opinion is it is NOT BROKEN!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I get the impression you only want people to post if they agree with you. You just have to face it that some people do not and you do not like that fact. Maybe their (and my) suggestion is to leave it the way it is. It is really that simple. They do not want another method implemented and are voicing just that. If they don't state that and only people who agreed with you posted, then it may appear (falsely I may add) that the majority agree with you.

Now, I haven't seen a better method or suggestion posted, but if someone comes up with one, I would listen. Just remember, someones idea of better is for the most part a matter of opinion.

My opinion is it is NOT BROKEN!!!!!!!
Ok thank you for your opinion. I am just getting annoyed at the idiots that instead of posting somthing usful just flame. O yeah how much RAM do you have.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.