• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would you play a RO2 expansion pack based on the Korean War?

We did not get new vehicles. (thats now the job of the community) :(
The campain mode now avaliable was also released by the community and not TWI.
And all new maps we got are made by the community!

My opinion!
is this so hard to add bicycles or something to move longer ways?
there are maps just for tanks but 1 tank per side only....
statistic doesnt work for 100%, too... i have more than 130% with Sniper...???
and i know the countdown mode by other games like Hidden & Dangerous 2 as Objectives, this is much better than the CD now in RO2.
i know TWI isnt a big company but to fix and support the released game is the highest priority than to build a new game or addon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but this game is made for easternfront not for west....

And? RO Ostfront 41-45 is Eastern Front only, too. But we get some really nice Mods for it.

I would be interessted at a full
Eastern Front Mod 1939-45 (Poland-Finnland-Ukraine-Russia-Romania-Greece-Bulgaria-Jugsoslawia-Germany e.g.)

Afrika Mod 1940-43 (Italy-GB-Germany-USA e.g.) and

Western Front 1940-45 (Norway-France-Italy-Holland-Belgium-Germany e.g.)

But not at Vietnam, Korea or Pazific (WWII) or any fictitious modern War (Russia vs USA e.g.)

Maybe you can catch me with a Star Wars Mod, but only when I could be a Stormtrooper and I have to kill some ugly Ewoks :D

So, no, I

Upvote 0
Truly, RO2 needs FINISHED before I consider * any * expansion pack(s).

I hate to break to ya Mike; RO2 is a finished game. It works fine and both you and I have spent hundreds of hours playing it.

This game doesn't need more gameplay "fixing" (not going to get into the whole realism/classic thing). Maybe a few bug fixes here and there (that prone glitch....) but other than that, it is a complete game.

What this game needs is more content, and that's on its way. TWI are doing a fantastic job.

Upvote 0
I hate to break to ya Mike; RO2 is a finished game. It works fine and both you and I have spent hundreds of hours playing it.
he means "finished" as in fixing the rest of the bad bugs. then again, you're quoting a guys three month old post. some of the bugs have been fixed, but there's still some more that need help before the game is truly finished.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

This game doesn't need more gameplay "fixing" (not going to get into the whole realism/classic thing). Maybe a few bug fixes here and there (that prone glitch....) but other than that, it is a complete game.

What this game needs is more content, and that's on its way. TWI are doing a fantastic job.

???

For me RO2 need a lot of work. It

Upvote 0
But not at Vietnam, Korea or Pazific (WWII) or any fictitious modern War (Russia vs USA e.g.)
tbh, friend, you are mistaken.

The sheer scope and lethality of combat can be translated to other theaters rather well. Vietnam *check* imo the ro formula is well suited to even give us a syria mod...:cool::D or falludja...or...

Fictious wars are diffrent tho...imagine the buggery...:D

east germany vs. NATO ? might be cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Too much mods for now, i think that we should wait and see how the game will develop in the future. Splitting the community too much might be dangerous right now. Also, a LOT of work would be required so, be patient and wait.

BlackLabel, the opposite of East Germany is West Germany, and the opposite of NATO is Warsaw Pact, so East Germany vs NATO is unfair i think....:D:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I see this thread has been busy while I've been away. It'll probably be locked now, but I would like to give this a swan song. In short, TWI needs more revenue, or it can't continue supporting its games. As RO2: HOS and RS aren't based on microtransaction or "endless DLC" models, a new RO outing in the Korean War would have both a ready and waiting customer base (as I've demonstrated via the popularity of Korean War movies in South Korea, a major bastion of PC gaming) and the distinction of not having been done before (so you aren't weighed down by comparisons to previous titles, and will attract more attention via breaking new ground), unlike the dozens of WWII games involving the WWII Western Front after the American intervention.

I'm sure TWI has already received acclaim over how well-made the American weapons are in RS, and reusing them (along with the HoS Soviet weaponry, and the American uniforms/helmets for South Korean infantry or entire models for American forces) should be easy, allowing for more development time and budget to be focussed on making maps and content appropriate to the Korean War time period and location. Having already created so many assets that could be reused for such a project, TWI was and remains in a unique position to create such a game with less resources necessary than a game developed from the ground up would require, a position no other game developer to my knowledge is in. It would be a crying shame if they passed up this unique opportunity or had someone else beat them to the punch.

As for those who still want to fight in WWII, the Korean War uses many of the same weaponry seen in WWII, since it started only 5 years after the end of WWII. Aside from the languages used by non-Allied soldiers and the South Koreans, you'll feel right at home firing DP-28s, PPSh-41s, M1 Garands, etc.

But the playerbase want to fight in Europe, too.

What's to stop people from saying an RO2 in the European theatre after the US get involved is just Day of Defeat 2014 or "just stealing CoD's old thunder"? I know there currently isn't a professionally-made WWII Western Front game out right now that features the RO series' focus on tactical gameplay and teamwork, but frankly the setting has been done to death many times over by now.

Upvote 0
I would rather play or pay for an expension of Chinese fighting Janpanese during WW2. And I definately think that the largeness of the Chinese gaming community is far larger than that in Korea. Think about it. The battle of Shanghai, Nanjing or even Hong Kong, if you want British and Canadian troops included.

finally! someone that agrees with me!

The most forgotten, and 2nd biggest front of WW2.

Only reason this front has not been visited is because of american game makers, and politically correct stances with China and Japan

But , this would make a hell of a game or mod.

Upvote 0