• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would the stalker be more useful if...

Another specimen idea based on the stalker would be the cloaker, who will transform him/her-self into a squad member (Corporal Lewis by default or a teammate), which only the commando can recognize it's true side.

Yeah, because an extra 'player' coming along with zeds without name and any armor/health bars hovering above his head would surely fool everybody.

But if he had M99 and one-shot killed players from the other side of the map, I'm all for it.

Upvote 0
Starting to think I am the only sane person around these days.:rolleyes:
tumblr_inline_mg81nphH0r1rtjxul.jpg

Think is a good word to use.

Stalker would be more useful if she didn't cast a shadow while invisible or if she actually worked at getting behind you while invisible instead of getting all up in your grill.

Upvote 0
Stalker would be more useful if she didn't cast a shadow while invisible or if she actually worked at getting behind you while invisible instead of getting all up in your grill.

My understanding was that they already had that AI.
Many times I would be aiming at the stalker and they would try to run around to my back in order to surprise me even though I'm watching them as they go, and end up just attacking my front anyway. I find it to be very irritating and not effective, can't say I'd be a fan of 'more of that'.

Upvote 0
Stalkers are useless alone. They are designed to act as part of the ZED horde and will be more efficient in confined spaces.

A Phaser, (not a Phaser) is an interesting concept, but any implementation should have this ZED phasing through doors and walls, only if the other ZEDs cannot pass through. If players are not behind doors, it should act as a Stalker that is invisible.

This will promote Zerking though, and also cause problems for Zerkers at the same time. Probably not a good idea for KF, but interesting nonetheless.

Upvote 0
I think it's good as it is. Sure you can just avoid her attacks by taking one step back but if you're in a rush you sometimes don't recognize her and she is hurting you. Also she tries to attack from the side which isn't too bad.

She's not AS big of a pushover as people say because people constantly get nicked by her when she comes from the side or suddenly comes around a corner while invisible, but he landing a bit still requires her to be attacking someone who's still. Attacking while moving would solve that.

Upvote 0