• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [WIP]RSTE-Strip

Drecks

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
The Netherlands
Hi there here some screens of a map I wasted some time on. Did take a week of 5 to make it. Then I went on summerholliday and returned today. So never had time to make a release version before sept. 3.

The screens won't show all. And it defenatly needs some work.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Go on Drecks..You still have time..You know you want too..:D

No I won't make that. All objectives and spawns are there and AI works. It has 8 objectives.
They all need some work with defails and cover. Gameplay is a guess once again. One specific objective has a very open approach for the defenders. Must say the RS team did a
great job on the models. For example the foliage and rocks. It runs smooth and they look convincing.

The todo list is

Spawnprotection.
Overheadimage.
Objectivezonetexture.
Add reconplane.
More detail inside houses.
More detail at map borders.
Own Cubemaps (will read tutorial for that)
More variation in objectives ;)

Upvote 0
No I won't make that. All objectives and spawns are there and AI works. It has 8 objectives.
They all need some work with defails and cover. Gameplay is a guess once again. One specific objective has a very open approach for the defenders. Must say the RS team did a
great job on the models. For example the foliage and rocks. It runs smooth and they look convincing.

The todo list is

Spawnprotection.
Overheadimage.
Objectivezonetexture.
Add reconplane.
More detail inside houses.
More detail at map borders.
Own Cubemaps (will read tutorial for that)
More variation in objectives ;)

But this stage is just for alpha's you easily look like your at that stage?
Go on you know you want too..lol

Upvote 0
Any hint on who's attacking, what some of the objectives may be etc? :D

Oh no secret on that as usual I did not thought to much when I started. I had the Philippines in mind when I started and the Americans will attack. Some will think "Oh not again" to them I can advice to grab the tools :)

The 1st objective is a small village on a river. Once this is taken two objectives will open up.
A Japanese outpost on a hill and some weird objective down that hill.

The outpost isn't build as defenseline. The Japs more or less use it to control the locals.

Once these two objective fall two new will open. Now these are more a defenseline the Japanese build close to a river/swamp. These need to be taken to open up the 6th objective.
which is a damaged village on the borders of a next river. Now when this is taken the last two objectives opens these two are the defenselines and areas of a jungle airstrip.
Thats why the workname is RSTE-Strip.
You need to know more Moe ?

Must confess it was fun to pick up the tools again after I learned more and created stuff with the Cryengine 3. Oh boy what a power set of tools they are.

Upvote 0
... and some weird objective down that hill.

You need to know more Moe ?

Must confess it was fun to pick up the tools again after I learned more and created stuff with the Cryengine 3. Oh boy what a power set of tools they are.

No, I'm just happy you threw in at least one weird objective :D

Good to see another map headed our way :)

Upvote 0
But this stage is just for alpha's you easily look like your at that stage?
Go on you know you want too..lol

I quickly created an overhead. It needs work, but for these alpha's the map needs to be released and I don't want to release a half assed product.
So I simply won't get that deadline.

At least by now my Holliday alcohol has left my body.

The Overhead
Spoiler!

Random Screen
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Hope to have a playtest next week. Worked on to make the objectives
some more interesting. So added more crap in and arround them.
Added the objective zone textures, but off course they need work.
Really hate these objectivezonetextures by the way.
I understand when people won't or did not add them. Made a cubemap I think it works :cool:

The foliagelayer still acts weird on some areas. But its better than before.

To do list:
Recon plane (blehhhhh)
Spawnprotection
Tweak spawns
Work on destroyed village objective. (not satisfied with it)
Optimize a weird area. :confused:

Some progress screens.

Attack of he village (1st objective)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Approach rightdefenseline

Spoiler!

Overlooking Destroyed Village objective

Spoiler!

Near airstrip

Spoiler!

Ciao all.