• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows KF Dedicated Server Tutorial

I have no idea what section i'm supposed to be looking at, if you could tell me which part from here,i think i'm almost done. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could scan through this list and tell me which category(ies) I should focus on / one(s) i need to type in the ports
Note: This is the Table of Contents from the "Belkin G Wireless" Manual.

Belkin G Wireless:
Introduction:
Benefits of a home network
Advantages of a wireless network
Placement of your router for optimal preformance
Product Overview:
Product Features
Knowing you Router:
Package Contents
System Requirements
Setup Assistant SoftWare System Requirements
Connecting and configuring your router:
alternate setup method:
Using the Web-Based Advanced User Interface:
Changing LAN Settings
Viewing the DHCP Client List Page
Configuring the Wireless Network Settings
Securing your Wi-Fi Network
WEP Setup
Using Wi-Fi protected setup
WPA setup
setting WPA/WPA2
Guest Access (optional)
Using the Access point mode
configuring the firewall
Setting MAC address filtering
Enabling the DMZ
Utilities Tab
Restarting the Router
Updating the Firmwire
Manually configuring network settings:
Recommended web browser settings:
Troubleshooting:
Information:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Setting up redirect

Setting up redirect

ok i got my server setup i got the custom maps on and i got a dyndns url that is working solid,

my ?

how do i make steam use my custom ip URL eg. custom.dyndns.org:7707

my server is running off a custom built "server2008 r2 (SP1) enterprise box i have added a folder inside the maps folder called COMPRESSED, what do i need to do to make the folder accessible via web redirect so they pulled locally for faster downloads

Upvote 0
Mutators and client download

Mutators and client download

Hi,

Is it possible to install mutators to clients same way as maps?

Let's say I'm running wtfmut dedicated server, then some client connects to my server but client doesn't have wtfmut installed. Can mutator be installed automatically same way as maps are installed using external http server?

Upvote 0
As far as I'm aware, mutators don't need anything client side.

If it's a mod (custom weapons etc) I -think- all you need to do is place the files (scripts, models, animations etc) in the same place as your custom maps. There is also something you need to change in the KillingFloor.ini.

This might help you. http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/2001/paradox/utmodsfaq/

Upvote 0
The section of this tutorial about map redirects really confuses me.

I can't seem to get my redirect working, but I know its a configuration problem.

I have a high speed redirect from eoreality, but my question is regarding the batch files. I don't care about compressing the maps one way or the other, but I do have 3 custom maps on my server currently... do I need a batch to turn the roms into uz2s or is that only for people trying to create maps on their server?

Also, do ALL files need to be on the redirect? The server admins at eoreality set up my redirect but they copied ALL the files from the main server over to the redirect, so the file structure and all files from my main server are there.

I placed the url to the maps folder in the config, added entries for maps = kf-xxxxxxxx for each of my customs, but it still takes forever to download any map you dont have from my server :(.

My server ip is here: 206.123.95.210:7707

and if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The section of this tutorial about map redirects really confuses me.

I can't seem to get my redirect working, but I know its a configuration problem.

I have a high speed redirect from eoreality, but my question is regarding the batch files. I don't care about compressing the maps one way or the other, but I do have 3 custom maps on my server currently... do I need a batch to turn the roms into uz2s or is that only for people trying to create maps on their server?

Also, do ALL files need to be on the redirect? The server admins at eoreality set up my redirect but they copied ALL the files from the main server over to the redirect, so the file structure and all files from my main server are there.

I placed the url to the maps folder in the config, added entries for maps = kf-xxxxxxxx for each of my customs, but it still takes forever to download any map you dont have from my server :(.

My server ip is here: 206.123.95.210:7707

and if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

To be honest I use a program tool to automatically compress files for me with just right clicking the file and "Compress". The program is called UZTool. It's made for UT2003/2004 BUT because Killing Floor uses the UT2004 engine, it still works the same. :)

Upvote 0
how do i add multiple mutators to the command line?
i used this:
screen -A -m -d -S kfsrv$LAUNCH /srv/kfserv/server/system/ucc-bin server KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=ServerPerksV4.ServerPerksMut?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?Mutator=ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDMut?Mutator=MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine?Mutator=KFNadeWarn.MutNadeWarn?Mutator=KFCustomShopMutV2.KFCustomShopMutB log=server3.log -nohomedir ini=killingfloor3.ini

but it only loads kfcustomshop mutator.

do i have to separate with commas? where do i put them?

Upvote 0
used this and it wont start:

screen -A -m -d -S kfsrv$LAUNCH /srv/kfserv/server/system/ucc-bin server KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=ServerPerksV4.ServerPerksMut,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDMut,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,KFNadeWarn.MutNadeWarn,KFCustomShopMutV2.KFCustomShopMutB log=server3.log -nohomedir ini=killingfloor3.ini

edit- this command works, too bad i was trying to do this while our internapp was getting ddos attacked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have a question for TWI.

I have been running 24/7 servers for the community for a few months now.

With the last update i noticed the server now updates values that are sent to steamstats. (such as addingkill, adding bullup damage and so on)
All of this updates real fast in the server command line and i do not remember seeing it before.

Is TWI planning on adding a stats system that can be viewed online thru steam ? (kinda like left 4 dead)

edit : after the last update, the servers no longer displays such data ... I guess I had my hopes up for no reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I say this is not correct it?
Solution?

sinttulomjb.png

I'm not from Russia:rolleyes:

thanks.

Upvote 0
server IPs changing

server IPs changing

I setup my dedicated server using the instructions on this page and for the most part it works. The only problem with it is that after I'm done playing it and I close the server if I relaunch it with my KF_Server_Launcher.bat file when I try to connect to the server ingame I get an "Unknown Steam Error" yet my roommate can still connect to it and play somehow. The only way I have managed to get around this problem is to go to my KillingFloor.ini file and change the Url port, the Listen port, and the oldqueryportnumber by the same increment. Having to do this every time is really annoying, anyone have a fix for this?

Upvote 0
Hi! When I launch the kf_server_launcher.bat file, it just pops up and closes and does nothing. Any help please?

I was having the same issue. Did you open it from a search result? That's what I was trying and it wouldn't work, but when I went to the specific folder it was in and opened it from there it opened no problem.

Anyway, I've got the server created (appears on my list and I am able to join it), why is it that my friend is unable to connect and getting a "Server not responding." message?

Ports 7707, 7708, 7717, 28852, 8075, 20560 both TCP and UDP are all open. (well they were, then I turned my firewall off to try with just that....)

Upvote 0
command line mutator option

command line mutator option

I am using 2 permanent whitelisted mutators on my servers :
- antiblocker
- kill messages V1

I originally started with antiblocker in the command line with the ?Mutator= command.
I wanted to do the same for the kill messages and when I add a 2nd ?Mutator= only the last mutator gets loaded.

Is there a way to have more than one mutator launched thru command line? It is not described in that tutorial.

Edit : i found my answer by looking at UT2004's wiki.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Instance of half life dedicated server tool already running?

Instance of half life dedicated server tool already running?

I messed up the first time i did this. deleted all the files... now on second attempt it wont let me use the update program because it says it is already running... checked procceses in ctrl+alt+delete but none are already running... the files have all been deleted from trash bin. is there any way to fix this?

Upvote 0