• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is wave 8 so slow?

Someone can find a problem (which I haven't verified this problem yet, but I'm investigating it) but if the devs don't hear about it, then we can't fix it. We're a bit like firefighters, and we're getting calls into the fire station all the time. Unless a house is burning down, we might not hear about it, or other fires are more important. In other words, we have to put out the fires on the houses that are burning down before we look at the brush fire in someones backyard. But if we get 100 calls about the brush fire in someone's back yard, we are more apt to take a look.

For your other question, F12 doesn't do anything in KF by default, unless you've bound it to something odd. F9 is the screenshot button for KF (not steam screenshots, standard KF screenshots).

Nice illustration comparison with the brush and house fire. As for the screen shots, I didnt know that F9 was the key regular key for screen capping. Il be sure to use that now, ad see if it works when I get back home Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Someone can find a problem (which I haven't verified this problem yet, but I'm investigating it) but if the devs don't hear about it, then we can't fix it.
What about the ideas and suggestions subforum? Nearly every bug and balance issue in the game has been discussed at some length there, and there've been some very good, well, ideas and suggestions. Yet it seems that TWI, and by TWI I mean Yoshi and a couple of admins (Zips, Gregs2k2, and... umm...), the only ones that are aware a KF forum even exists, will only acknowledge the existence of the most banal and peripherally related threads to KF, while at the same time completely ignoring those that attempt to tackle and address major balance/gameplay issues head on. I don't know about you guys, but I am quite the narcissist and to that end I like to quote myself; The pink elephant is right there in TWI's offices, but they steadfastly ignore serious issues and refuse to acknowledge that there might be something wrong with the game (in retrospect I was a bit harsh, but it hurts to be ignored). If it sounds like I'm angry, it's because I am. I can only speak for myself, but popular sentiment, at least from what I've seen, is that our calls fall upon deaf ears. And it hurts.

The frustrating thing is that we thought we had an open line of communication to TWI through these forums, but that clearly is not the case. To that end, I just have one question for you: where should we go to report these issues and how can we best bring them to your attention?

We, the KF community, want to help make the game better. What should we do?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I second Lacedaemonius, Ive found many map glitches, exploits, etc. and I'm not sure if anything is being done about it. I forget the person I messaged the first time, but he/she responded pretty quick, and said that it was reported to the proper people. Ive found a few others, may of them through playing on PUBS, but there are tons of them on youtube, and lots of them are fairly recent. I haven't been apart of killing floor, let alone TWI, but Im always the type of person that stresses over the little things, because if the little things are fixed, then it makes the big things, not look so big.

If what Lacedaemonius says is true, then it reminds me of another company, Rampid (I think was its name), and they were very close to the community when they released their first game in beta. Although they worked long and hard to fix lots of key things, and minor things, the problem, was that they either turned their back near the end, or they just didn't know what to do. Many of us tried to help by doing fixes ourselves, or discuss about ideas to help fix the game, but may of the ideas were just "Wow, that looks impressive! Thanks for your share." and that was it.

Ive got two friends of mine who have very high respects to TWI, and their main reason for doing so, is because they say that 1) TWI actually fixes things that are broke, rather than quick fix it so it works for a short time or break things that are correct 2) Quality is always taken into consideration before releasing anything and 3) TWI actually listens to what people say, about serious things. IMO, thats what I like in a company, and Ill try my best to help out the best I can.

Ive read through lots of suggestion threads, and even one Mega thread, and many ideas that have been brought up are simple, fair, and just make sense. If we need to find these threads and repost them here, or "bump" those threads, then just tell us, and we can easily find them and post them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If anything needs urgent attention, make sure I know about it via PM.

But as we've said before (maybe not for the KF community) some things take time to change. Not because changing them wouldn't be easy, but we have to consider the entire communities reaction to it. And as much as I wish I could read every thread like I used to, our forums and fan base have grown so much that it just isn't possible. But I became aware of this issue when it was brought to my attention in a PM.

Upvote 0
If anything needs urgent attention, make sure I know about it via PM.

But as we've said before (maybe not for the KF community) some things take time to change. Not because changing them wouldn't be easy, but we have to consider the entire communities reaction to it. And as much as I wish I could read every thread like I used to, our forums and fan base have grown so much that it just isn't possible. But I became aware of this issue when it was brought to my attention in a PM.

Ahem:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72617

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
I might sound a little unreasonable in this post, but here I go:

I think as developers, tripwire should be the ones looking for gameplay bugs in what they make before they release, such as the dual magnum bug for example. But since they are busy, it also is part of the community's job to point out things to TWI if they so happen to overlook, which I don't see is quite manageable in this case. Anybody who has played the game has likely encountered this bug and the others listed in the post sometime before this one, and the fact that TWI has not encountered these and waited more than half a year to pay attention to the community to realize that this has been addressed to them really shows that they do not play this game or read what is important at all. If they have then they more than likely would have fixed these bugs. I'm sorry but, that is what I feel, I'm sorry if I sound like I'm jumping to conclusions and I'm being harsh, but it's the way I feel and you can't argue with it. I am open to any criticism and possible to corrections of false information that I may have distributed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We do look for bugs before each release. But something will always be missed, it is the nature of the complex things known as games.

And when we do get a chance to play our own games we generally are not looking out for bugs, we are playing them for entertainment. So while some bugs are noticed that way, it generally isn't the best way for us to find issues.

And while it may seem simple to "just read the forums" and find all the issues, there is tons of information here. And as I said, things will be missed occasionally unless shouted from the rooftops.

We also look for feedback from our Dedicated Server Admin mailing list for key issues as well.

The last thing to keep in mind is while Tripwire is now pushing upwards of 25 full time employees, we are still a small team working on multiple projects at once. Mistakes have been made in the past on putting too much focus on one thing instead of another, but as we grow we are learning and correcting our mistakes.

There is alot in store for Killing Floor still (to be announced), much of it a result of community input!

Upvote 0
Good point Yosh,
That said, perhaps you should make Aze your official "Volunteer Bug Collector".

I'm sure he'd be willing to collaborate with your staff for free. He seems to care a great deal about this awesome game. :)
It could be his job to keep an eye on the forums and compile ALL known reproducible bugs into one master list (which he's already basically done):
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72617

Then another thread could be started with a master list of balance issues. Stuff like: "Chainsaws, LAW, Claymore and M14 are underpowered!" Or, "We don't like how slow wave 8 is!"

Something to make all your jobs easier so you can spend more time making awesome stuff.

Upvote 0
We do look for bugs before each release. But something will always be missed, it is the nature of the complex things known as games.

And when we do get a chance to play our own games we generally are not looking out for bugs, we are playing them for entertainment. So while some bugs are noticed that way, it generally isn't the best way for us to find issues.

And while it may seem simple to "just read the forums" and find all the issues, there is tons of information here. And as I said, things will be missed occasionally unless shouted from the rooftops.

We also look for feedback from our Dedicated Server Admin mailing list for key issues as well.

The last thing to keep in mind is while Tripwire is now pushing upwards of 25 full time employees, we are still a small team working on multiple projects at once. Mistakes have been made in the past on putting too much focus on one thing instead of another, but as we grow we are learning and correcting our mistakes.

There is alot in store for Killing Floor still (to be announced), much of it a result of community input!

Wow, only 25 fulltime employees, yet your able to do what your able to do? You guys must be miracle workers, because thats got to be a LOT of work to do, especially when considering the number of people working there.

As greenlemonade said, maybe refer to Aze's thread about bugs and glitches, since he does say a lot of them, and most of them are easy to recreate ingame. As for things like map glitches and stuff, I keep jumping around trying to find them, and then just video record, or screen cap them, and send them to you guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good point Yosh,
That said, perhaps you should make Aze your official "Volunteer Bug Collector".

I'm sure he'd be willing to collaborate with your staff for free. He seems to care a great deal about this awesome game. :)
It could be his job to keep an eye on the forums and compile ALL known reproducible bugs into one master list (which he's already basically done):
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72617[/URL]

I would gladly help with that indeed. And, yes, i really care a great deal about this awesome game ^^

Then another thread could be started with a master list of balance issues. Stuff like: "Chainsaws, LAW, Claymore and M14 are underpowered!" Or, "We don't like how slow wave 8 is!"

Something to make all your jobs easier so you can spend more time making awesome stuff.
I would gladly be in charge of that tread too btw :)

Reactions: TheMutant
Upvote 0
I would gladly help with that indeed. And, yes, i really care a great deal about this awesome game ^^

I would gladly be in charge of that tread too btw :)

I'd certainly contribute more bugs and feedback if there was a master list I could check without searching for long dead topics on the forum.

That said, the "balance" feedback would be hard to manage but with solid rules it could be done.
Something like, all proposed balance suggestions must be seconded and the master list could have "yes" votes and "no" votes listed after each proposed balance change.
So something like this:

Claymore is Underpowered: Yes 24 no 2
Reduce the weight Yes 15 no 5
Increase the Damage Yes 4 no 10 (removing)
Reduce the price yes 4 no 0
Change loadout order yes 15 no 1

Remove Specimen Grenade dodging Yes 10 no 2

Just an example. Would be a fun thread to visit.

Upvote 0