• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is wave 8 so slow?

Oh god im sorry but I would hate for some random person to become in charge of the "balance issues". Will you guys leave the balancing alone for just some time? I know this is coming out harsh but seriously, NOTHING needs changing but the odd bugs. At this rate I will have to remove all official weapons etc and customise them to work if all this got put through. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oh god im sorry but I would hate for some random person to become in charge of the "balance issues". Will you guys leave the balancing alone for just some time? I know this is coming out harsh but seriously, NOTHING needs changing but the odd bugs. At this rate I will have to remove all official weapons etc and customise them to work if all this got put through. :rolleyes:

Youre always like this Flux. You're always dead set against ANY balance changes.

There is NOTHING wrong with buffing and nerfing to diversify gameplay. If There is a weapon that is almost NEVER used by people because it is not good, its a waste even having it in the game.

And a "random person" would not be "in charge" of ANYTHING. He would just update a forum post with what OTHER people suggest and vote on. Like a large master poll.

Upvote 0
Youre always like this Flux. You're always dead set against ANY balance changes.

There is NOTHING wrong with buffing and nerfing to diversify gameplay. If There is a weapon that is almost NEVER used by people because it is not good, its a waste even having it in the game.

And a "random person" would not be "in charge" of ANYTHING. He would just update a forum post with what OTHER people suggest and vote on. Like a large master poll.
Im against pretty much all of it cause there is no "problem" to "fix". Im seeing people complain LAW is useless, no people just need to learn how to use the weapon for grouped specimens or for the Patriarch. The machete is "useless" because they will not spend

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A agree that the Machete is fine how it is. It's a freaking GREAT weapon for the price and weight.

I agree that the LAR deserves a slight nerf.

I agree that the M14 is a good weapon (I use it a lot) though I wish there was a way to make the peep-sight more pleasant.

The LAW has its uses and you'd never hear me mention it again if the weight was lowered by at least 1 block. It's not a matter of "learning ta use it wright!" It's just a waste of a good Demo.

There are certain weapons that don't get used much and there is a reason for it. The Chainsaw is pretty worthless if you have the option of using the Katana. The Magnum is useless under the HC until they fix the weight bug. The Claymore can be fun, but in addition to the Katana being better in almost all situations, Katana is also half the weight and costs less...

I have to disagree with you there. The chainsaw is not useless, on the contrary, it's fun and satisfying to use. It may not be for the tactical player, but if you are just playing for fun on any <HOE server it's great. I'd say the same about the husk cannon too. I use it regularly just to vent my husk rage and get a little payback ;)

Also last time I checked the claymore deals slightly more damage than the axe and has more range, making it the most powerful weapon in the zerk class. I see people using it all the time.. Personally I prefer the axe, if only for aesthetics

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know if discussing balance is the best thing to do in this thread, but what is more important: Are TWI willing to do the changes the majority wants? Or are they just gonna leave things as they are?

Like i posted before, there are lots of bugs on top of the balance issues that needs to be fixed first, so it doesn't seem like balance has any priority in TWI's eyes, no matter how much we want it ourselves (after all, they are not more than 25 in their staff so it's not easy for them to do it fast either, as they have lots of other projects too)

But maybe i should start up a thread about balancing weapons? I'd probably put it in the Ideas & Suggestions section. Then we can end these discussions being spread across all kinds of different threads...

Upvote 0
I don't know if discussing balance is the best thing to do in this thread, but what is more important: Are TWI willing to do the changes the majority wants? Or are they just gonna leave things as they are?

Like i posted before, there are lots of bugs on top of the balance issues that needs to be fixed first, so it doesn't seem like balance has any priority in TWI's eyes, no matter how much we want it ourselves (after all, they are not more than 25 in their staff so it's not easy for them to do it fast either, as they have lots of other projects too)

But maybe i should start up a thread about balancing weapons? I'd probably put it in the Ideas & Suggestions section. Then we can end these discussions being spread across all kinds of different threads...
Bug fixs - Yes.
Balance (?) - Not a priority
Question, what "majority" is complaining about the balancing? Im only seeing a few people and most wont have a word cause they get digged at like I have.

Reactions: TheMutant
Upvote 0
Bug fixs - Yes.
Balance (?) - Not a priority
Question, what "majority" is complaining about the balancing? Im only seeing a few people and most wont have a word cause they get digged at like I have.

I agree with what Flux said. Balancing issues neither crash the game nor cause performance problems and should therefore be downgraded on the priority list.

I would also like to join Aze, while studying the source code I found some confusions, minor errors or things that could be improved. The main issue is that KF is still rather a mod than a game if you look at the source code. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, i have already made a thread about the bugs ( http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72617 ), if you find new ones, please bump the thread by adding them there and i will add it to the main post :)

So, i will make a Balance thread in the I&S forums. It will contain my own and other people's ideas. I hope that thread can be kept clean and without any fighting please.

Upvote 0
The wave 8 bug was definitely fixed in the update. This is what's in KFGameType now:
Code:
            else if( KFGameLength == GL_Long )
            {
                // Make the zeds come faster in the earlier waves
                if( WaveNum < 7 )
                {
                    if( NumPlayers == 4 )
                    {
                        NextSpawnTime *= 0.85;
                    }
                    else if( NumPlayers == 5 )
                    {
                        NextSpawnTime *= 0.65;
                    }
                    else if( NumPlayers >= 6 )
                    {
                        NextSpawnTime *= 0.3;
                    }
                }
                // Give a slightly bigger breather in the later waves
                else if( WaveNum >[SIZE=6][B]=[/B][/SIZE] 7 )
                {
                    if( NumPlayers <= 3 )
                    {
                        NextSpawnTime *= 1.1;
                    }
                    else if( NumPlayers == 4 )
                    {
                        NextSpawnTime *= 1.0;//0.85;
                    }
                    else if( NumPlayers == 5 )
                    {
                        NextSpawnTime *= 0.75;//0.65;