• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WHITELISTED] IJC WeaponPack (Ivan & Jack Carver)

That Kel-tech Shotgun looks really nice! Awesome new video btw :)

Just some questions:

What besides the magazine does the Kel-tech fill in niches? If it has no special thing about it, how about making adding (something i learned from CandleJack) a thing called "varichoke" on the secondary fire? What does that do? Well it increases or decreases the spread of the pellets, so it could basicly toggle between 2 modes, between narrow pellet spread or widespread pellet spread, wether you wanna focus on a thin line of enemies or if you wanna shoot more spread out targets.

Just an idea to make it more than "just" a new pump shotgun with a mag (Not dissing the weapon in any way, i really like it, just trying to add more ideas for it :))

Also some other questions:
* How many pellets does it shoot and what is the damage per pellet? I guess it sort of between AA12 and the regular shotgun? Just guessing here (for fun :p) 6 pellets with 32 damage each? :)
* How much does it weigh? For balance i guess you have it at 9 or 10?
* How much have you set its baseprice to?
* How much total ammo does it get (base amount)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You gotta pay more attention/sign up on their site. they are doing that :p Similar to crysis 1's shotty.

Ah that's so awesome!

Ivan / JC: Are you considering my balancing stats for the M99 in this version?
Meh, i'll go ahead and add some more balancing stats for all the weapons:

MK23 - Only thing to change (imo) is to reduce its price to 375 or 400 a piece.
M7A3 - Weight up to 6 or 7, 5 is too low due to its power and usefulness. What is its damage btw?
M99 - Damage to 855, hs-multiplier to 1,6x (explained earlier what that would achieve with scrakes/fleshpounds), due to the innate 50% damage resistance of the fleshpound. Also, if TWI ever makes this implemented in the game, make sure they add the hidden ammocost reduction for the Sharpshooter like the Xbow ammo has. I'd also slightly speed up its scoping time as it is far too slow.
FAL - Remove one of the versions so you can't carry 2 FALs. I'd say remove the non-scoped one to make the FAL the "snipery" rifle for the Commando. Weight to 7 (since it is so powerful) and price down to a plain 2000

Last edited:
Reactions: -=Ivan=-
Upvote 0
I'm not going to release figures etc, but it is pretty unique from the other shotties in terms of ammo/mag/power/range.

Yep and the special function on the Keltec will be released on monday for the closed beta. ;)

@Aze:
We always wanted to add that feature to the KSG ;) and we will definitely rebalance some stuff. We will increase the M99's damage. The Fal is weaker then the Scar however.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Sorrow
Upvote 0
Using whiltelisted V1 + perk activation 1.2. Levelling seems fine, but there are no discounts. Medic rifle still costs 15k :(

Okay so I PM'd Xienen and it's all okay as it doesn't actually modify perks. I'll begin looking at the code for it.

We should have perk damage/ammo/discount bonuses for the end of the event, when the update arrives. :D

Be patient. The Perk Activation v1.2 isn't actually whitelisted, or you would be getting those bonuses, using PA v1.2 is redundant at the moment.

Reactions: Gooblaster
Upvote 0
Really sorry if this was said before!

I've only been playing KF off/on for about a week now, really enjoy the game but just wanted to check out some of the mods done to it. This weapon pack is seriously insane, love it.

Question though: What exactly is the perk activation thing? My perk's are leveling without it on while the weapon pack is active, or is that not what it is suppose to do.

Question 2: Why does the MK23 cost the same as Hand-cannons but do less damage? I thought it was the Hand-cannon just remodeled etc. And whyyy is the medic gun 15k?

Sorry for the noob questions :/

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
Really sorry if this was said before!

I've only been playing KF off/on for about a week now, really enjoy the game but just wanted to check out some of the mods done to it. This weapon pack is seriously insane, love it.

Question though: What exactly is the perk activation thing? My perk's are leveling without it on while the weapon pack is active, or is that not what it is suppose to do.

Question 2: Why does the MK23 cost the same as Hand-cannons but do less damage? I thought it was the Hand-cannon just remodeled etc. And whyyy is the medic gun 15k?

Sorry for the noob questions :/

MK23 may be a "Side grade" weapon. Have not played the most recent version yet.

Medic guns tend to be expensive but medic perk gets a big discount for their weapons.

Not sure about perk activation thing.

Upvote 0