What We Are Up To - New Hardware To The Front

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
IIRC, this is already possible. The mapper only needs basic coding knowledge to do it.

However, he has to shoehorn his new roles into the existing slots. The only difference between his roles and the game's would be their name, loadout, and availability while the amount of roles he may have is probably limited by the game's current number.

Did not know that, thanks for the info.

Of course, it was so much simpler in the previous version of Red Orchestra.

Jank

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 6, 2007
Redwood City, CA, USA
This announcement yesterday must be why the German National Team was so juiced today!

MG42! WOOT!

Poor Brazil just got in the way of the jubilation.

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
They didn't enter combat until late 1943.

Then dont put them in Stalingrad maps. Can someone count how many RO2 maps are set during the Stalingrad campaign? I did a very rough and quick count and it was 50/50.

This game is more than just a six month campaign.

aaz777

Jun 30, 2013
Russia, Pushkin
Dhw7Wvhu7_k.jpg
twice captured t70

BloodyWiesel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2011
Great news :)

TWI u made my day, cant wait to see the new hardware ingame.

And im really exited what we can also expect.

I'll hope it is some kind of bug fixing, related to the tank gameplay ;)

TheMarshal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2014
Great news :)

TWI u made my day, cant wait to see the new hardware ingame.

And im really exited what we can also expect.

I'll hope it is some kind of bug fixing, related to the tank gameplay ;)

I hope more in some significant gameplay changes (mg ramboing, weapon handling and more recoil etc)

Großadmial Thrawn

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2014
If it's the MG42? Yes... it's one of the most famous... and most feared MGs of the War and it had a ton load of nicknames^^
Hitlers

Last edited:

TheMarshal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2014
Yes to MG, no for Rambo'ing. A really big NO to that. That's where the problems will pop up.

I hope that too, mg ramboing is still one of the biggest gamebreakers in Ro2. Pls TWI dont make the same mistake again, 1000 times asked by the community to stop this madness, pls fix mg ramboing.

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
I hope that too, mg ramboing is still one of the biggest gamebreakers in Ro2. Pls TWI dont make the same mistake again, 1000 times asked by the community to stop this madness, pls fix mg ramboing.

IOM, Classic, or even just Classic weapons handling as a server setting help a bit, but it seems the weapons are always carried at the ready to fire hip position, which seems unrealistic when you are moving and should only be available when you click the mouse or something similar.

Rattler

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
I don't see how one or two guys can turn the tide of the whole round... What? 32 players can't deal with 1 guy? Sure :rolleyes:

edit: for the record - I am NOT ramboing with the mg because I find this tactic as waste of class due to the nature of the whole machine gunner role to suppress, cut enemy movement lines and providing cover fire. But if someone wants to do it, I am fine with it but the guy will prolly just boost his kdr a bit, without doing much for the team (playing for the obj).

Last edited: