• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Later Today We Will be Adding Transports to the Rising Storm Beta

Moe
Geeze, I am explaining myself poorly. HE did squat all to halftracks, but it really pissed off people when HEAT or AP blew up everyone in the vehicle all the time.

I see no reason for why a similar HE effect blowing up everyone all the time would not similary piss off people.

One solution might be to actually have a HE penetration model. IE what exactly happens when an HE round hits a lightly armoured vehicle. Its not really suppose to penetrate, but partial blasts, splash damage and the pure concussion effects could hurt people.

Then you have HEAT both for zooks and certain shell types. What kind of damage should they do to passengers?

Its actually all pretty complex and I personally don't think it should be a priority until zooks are added to the game.

Hand grenades and mortars (well in principle) hitting the internal space is good enough for now.

Upvote 0
Moe
1- Geeze, I am explaining myself poorly. HE did squat all to halftracks, but it really pissed off people when HEAT or AP blew up everyone in the vehicle all the time.

2 - I see no reason for why a similar HE effect blowing up everyone all the time would not similary piss off people.

I completely understand what you are saying, I am just saying I didn't hear people complain about it all the time or at all even. In other words, you say people complained about it all the time, I say they didn't.

That said, I (me, my own opinion) would rather see things done realistically instead of fudging the penetration/explosive effects/etc. If that means players die in the back of the transports when its hit, so be it.

Why would you do most everything else mostly realistic and then "balance" HE explosions against transports because they aren't being used properly?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the current AI might be correct historically. AFAIK it was standard practice for WW2 tankers to have an AP round loaded by default, the rationale being if you meet infantry etc you have a coaxial mg & can fire the AP round at them to keep heads down whilst reloading HE for soft targets. That doesn't work when you meet an armoured target & won't allow you that time to reload, so you need to kill him before he kills you.

So I imagine that if an APC gets disabled by an AP round & the passengers bail the next problem they'll face is their ride destroyer's mg & HE reloads. HEAT rounds are another ballgame, but I think we only have HE & APBC rounds ingame don't we?

Human gunners will be different, but the way things are doesn't seem too broken IMO, in fact for bots it's about right.

Upvote 0
Yes i know that but it was only one example that i was there talking about players are getting invisible. I only wanted to show that i already did wrote about disapearing players and other existing Bugs.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=96575
Here i postet later our server logs for downloading cause rogame.exe stopped working even on our server.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=97435
One example with an embedded video about Ghost`s. But it isn`t perfect cause the player only gets invisible next in range to the mg and not anywhere on the whole map where none mg is. The Guy who called it "Ghost`s of Stalingrad" called it more than one year ago. That`s why i`m think that fixing these kinds of bugs is more important than programming HE Shells at the moment. I never heard a statement by TWI Side if they`re able to fix this Bug or not.

Everytime is the first time sometimes in a life. Click on the link and look to this Video. This Bug is even present in RS and don`t tell me you don`t have seen anything...

Where i can write to this QA Team?

AMG's QA lead responded in your thread so that means that they are aware. Any bug can be fixed, the issue is getting a reproduction. Our QA can and will look into these kinds of issues. It is even better though if we can get a reproduction from the community, because there are a whole lot more players than TWI staff. When issues are really rare like this they can be exceedingly difficult to find a reproduction for. Once we get a reproduction though, we can almost always fix them easily.

Upvote 0
I was going over the preliminary full changelog today for the patch, and its just about 4 pages (of ariel type 11 font).

Keep in mind that some things will drop off that list (fix faileds) and potentially some additions (somebody forgot to document a change and then remembers and tells me when I show them the list - unlikely but it happens).

Upvote 0
AMG's QA lead responded in your thread so that means that they are aware. Any bug can be fixed, the issue is getting a reproduction. Our QA can and will look into these kinds of issues. It is even better though if we can get a reproduction from the community, because there are a whole lot more players than TWI staff. When issues are really rare like this they can be exceedingly difficult to find a reproduction for. Once we get a reproduction though, we can almost always fix them easily.

When trying to reproduce bugs do you run servers with the whitelisted mutators like ServerEx, Declutter, ReservedSlots etc?

The 'i cant join a class because it is all full' glitch has become so old on Aussie / NZ that players now know to join through squad. Surely this has been replicated. Also the unwanted peripheral indications during campaign and at times in game.

Do the tester ever want to look at the actual servers that are making these bug reports instead of trying to replicate the problems. I am happy to open access to TWI to the Aussie / NZ server to see if it is all healthy.

NB - i recently tried to reacquire the server files and it didnt work well. Maybe check into this TWB before your next update.

Upvote 0
When I'm trying to reproduce bugs its primarily done on a clean server running default settings. And from there on if needed things changed and added to the server to get a clean replication put up. However if reports state servers they have it happen on and others that don't I try to compare different server settings (player amounts, campaign, classic, other stuff like mutators).

The non selectable classes thing in campaign we hope to have fixed, together with a lot of the popular issues from the bug report forum section. If you have an issue together with a clear reproduction make sure to post it in the forums (please the bug report section) and I'll try to get it into the bug tracker database. (I am only human though, and some things can always slip through the web, but I care and try my best to crush the creepy crawly bugs)

In cases where issues are happening without a clear reproduction, time is put forward on finding out reproductions based on a rough guesstimate on a combination of the severity of the issue together with how common it is and whether or not there is any clue where we could possibly start looking (for that reason any information you remember about the last few seconds before something happened can help a lot ;) ).

And the amount of how common an issue is, again is heavily based on the activity about it in the forums. (And as my post count probably suggests I read a lot more sections than only the bug report, as a lot of forum goers like to talk about bugs and why they are not fixed, in all sections but the appropriate bug report section :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The non selectable classes thing is probably the most annoying bug at the moment. The unwanted peripheral indicators is just annoying but not a shop stopper.

I also think non adjusting reinforcement levels in campaign mode when a map is played in with opposite forces was a problem.

A lot of the other bugs seem to have been fixed or worked around by mutators.

Though i did have trouble getting a fresh copy of the server from steam the other week. Hopefully it was just bad timing and steam was having a bad day.

Upvote 0