• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Later Today We Will be Adding Transports to the Rising Storm Beta

From elsewhere, Yoshiro has said all tanks will explode when destroyed even if its not realistic (I don't agree). I imagine the same will apply with transports.

I' ve red somewhere that IRL you can recognize a disabled tank beacuse the crew opened the hatches to bail out it wouldn't be as evident as an explosion, but however more realistic.
In some middle east wars after wwii tankers even "bluffed" with this.

Upvote 0
I' ve red somewhere that IRL you can recognize a disabled tank beacuse the crew opened the hatches to bail out it wouldn't be as evident as an explosion, but however more realistic.
In some middle east wars after wwii tankers even "bluffed" with this.

I really like your suggestion. It is better than exploding tanks. Like you said opened hatches, maybe a lowered cannon and small smoke coming from the tank.

Upvote 0
The Beta version...to update it, are we supposed to delete the previous versions and the new version will overwrite or install as a new game?
Thanks...yes...I am chary of messing with programs and unravelling my screw-ups.:eek:

I just let it patch like the normal game and it works for me. (Make sure you are using the Rising Storm Beta, NOT the Red Orchestra 2 beta)

Upvote 0
I just get home from work, seen the event scheduled for the RS Beta and tried to sign onto the server and nothing.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/events/1351384713851563488

Is this the correct server IP? 64.94.238.82:27015

There is a server online on this IP: 64.94.238.82:7777

Is the new patch still running or did I miss it again?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not easy to explain.

Was playing the Beta yesterday.
As a trooper.
And some hit noize felt like I was in a tank.
I mean they were very loud and no tank besides me.
Hope you get what I mean.

Also as a tank, Ican blow up another one in one hit.
I felt the transports were very hard to destruct.

The transport felt much easier to drive than tank. less collision bug.

Upvote 0
Not easy to explain.

Was playing the Beta yesterday.
As a trooper.
And some hit noize felt like I was in a tank.
I mean they were very loud and no tank besides me.
Hope you get what I mean.

Also as a tank, Ican blow up another one in one hit.
I felt the transports were very hard to destruct.

The transport felt much easier to drive than tank. less collision bug.

Currently the collision noises are the AT rifle bullet hit noises - this will change.

AT shells will usually go straight thru a transport, damaging only the men in the way of the shell or the spalling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AT shells will usually go straight thru a transport, damaging only the men in the way of the shell or the spalling.

I know this won't matter on MP servers that have no bots, but when bots are present in tanks, do you know if they will be programmed to use HE against transports since I gather it may be more effective?

Upvote 0
I know this won't matter on MP servers that have no bots, but when bots are present in tanks, do you know if they will be programmed to use HE against transports since I gather it may be more effective?

Bots are very effective against transports (even with a PT rifle). They still use AT rounds, but they basically hit critical components like the gearbox and engine. Or kill infantry inside using their hull mg.

Upvote 0
Bots are very effective against transports (even with a PT rifle). They still use AT rounds, but they basically hit critical components like the gearbox and engine. Or kill infantry inside using their hull mg.

Still, if they are in a tank, it would make more sense to use HE. I watched one fire at a UC less then 100 meters away and it took five shots, and it wasn't moving.

Upvote 0
Still, if they are in a tank, it would make more sense to use HE. I watched one fire at a UC less then 100 meters away and it took five shots, and it wasn't moving.

Possibly it wasn't moving cos all its critical components, like engine, transmission, crew were all taken out.

It reminds me of the story from the Libyan desert in 1940/41 where the crew of a British 2-lbr were perplexed by the fact that an Italian tank they were repeatedly shooting at did not brew up. It was only after they got closer to have a look they realised that most of their hits were through and throughs and that the crew were dead and pretty much every internal component was destroyed.

Upvote 0
Possibly it wasn't moving cos all its critical components, like engine, transmission, crew were all taken out.

It reminds me of the story from the Libyan desert in 1940/41 where the crew of a British 2-lbr were perplexed by the fact that an Italian tank they were repeatedly shooting at did not brew up. It was only after they got closer to have a look they realised that most of their hits were through and throughs and that the crew were dead and pretty much every internal component was destroyed.

The example was single player in workshop mode, and I was standing less than 5 meters from it watching the whole thing. It was empty, I drove it to the bridge on the Peninsula on Barashka.

I assume no HE was fired at it since I suffered no ill effects from the constant hits.

My point here is NOT to critique the fact that one or two hits doesn't destroy the transport, I'm just trying to say wouldn't it make more sense for the bots in the tanks to be using HE against them instead of AP considering HE may be more useful?

A "yes" or "no" answer is ok, or "no, AP is better against transports" or even "yes HE is more useful but we don't want to waste time programing it for just bots" :D

Upvote 0
When this new Patch will be released i`ve a whish to Tripwire.

Could you give us only one Patch and not 6 ones over the upcoming Weekend please?
I`m just asking cause we have one Problem: We can`t update our Server by ourselfs. In the last times the Problem was always that our Hoster was able to do 2 Updates and then they were in their Weekend. So we had to wait until the Guys were back to their Work. That is really anoying and our Hoster was always laughing about the Method how Tripwire is going to push out their Updates for the Game. You know we have our Server located in germany. The Updates were released around 19 o`clock (7pm). Our Hoster is in Weekend at 20 o`clock (8pm). I hope you understand what this means. We don`t want to pay Money for a 24Hour Service only to have the ability for updating more than 3 Updates at one Day especially for 6 Updates at one Weekend.

Upvote 0