• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What scenario do YOU want for Red Orchestra 3 ?

Finnish winter war for sure. German, Swedish and Finnish soldiers against Russian soldiers :)
Germans didn't fight against Soviet Union in the Winter War, they had a non-aggression pact at the time with Russians. If anything, they helped Soviets by blocking Italian shipments to Finland.

But as a Finn, I'd too like to see a (commercial) First-Person Shooter about the Finnish front in WW2. Winter War is the best known, but it would be hard to turn it into a realistic but fun game. Russians had an overwhelming superiority in manpower, tanks and airplanes and when comparing their losses to Finns, numbers are even more staggering.

The Continuation War would be easier to make realistic but fun for both sides. Manpower was closer to 1:1, Finland was better armed, there could be both winter and summer maps, there could be Germans as a one playable nation etc. It's a shame, that the Karelian Front -mod didn't come out...

Other interesting scenarios would be all those which are less seen in FPS-games, like already mentioned Korean War and Spanish Civil War. What I don't want to see is western Europe in WW2 and "modern" wars, because I think we've seen enough of those games already.

Upvote 0
What I don't want to see is western Europe in WW2 and "modern" wars, because I think we've seen enough of those games already.

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Italians fascists in ostfront. (focus on stalingrad)

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Romanians fascists in ostfront. (focus on stalingrad)

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Spanish fascists in ostfront. (focus on leningrad)

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Hungarians fascists in ostfront.

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Bulgarians fascists in ostfront.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One add on in RO 2 for :
- Italians fascists in ostfront. (focus on stalingrad)

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Romanians fascists in ostfront. (focus on stalingrad)

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Spanish fascists in ostfront. (focus on leningrad)

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Hungarians fascists in ostfront.

One add on in RO 2 for :
- Bulgarians fascists in ostfront.

*ignoring the word fascists* so your scenario for an addon or sequel is a skinpack regarding the axis ?!

Upvote 0
Vietnam? That was probably America's greatest victory and is not worth being put in a game since it would basically be America putting down a puny communist rebellion until the marxist hippies back home get their way. Besides America had Rambo and that would be too OP.

Korea makes the most sense. Afghanistan wouldn't work either because they would also have Rambo.

Ehm,
I don't want to take your illusions but Americans actually lost you know...

Upvote 0
You gotta see that post for what it is...

troll-typing-by-feet-smiley-emoticon.gif

Upvote 0
Northern Africa should be another RS type expansion not a full on new game.

It might make sense to make the Korean War under the "Red Orchestra" name since you're basically still dealing with underhanded Russian communist aggression which we all know by now was the actual cause of WW2. Vietnam? That was probably America's greatest victory and is not worth being put in a game since it would basically be America putting down a puny communist rebellion until the marxist hippies back home get their way. Besides America had Rambo and that would be too OP.

Korea makes the most sense. Afghanistan wouldn't work either because they would also have Rambo.

Lets not forget that Operation Barbarossa was Stalin's idea.He wanted to be more involved in the war so he hired Hitler to initiate it.And when the time comes to blame somebody,they will blame Hitler.But nobody could find him and make him answer for his actions.The official report was that he shot himself.WRONG! The soviets got to him first,created a new identity for him and sent him to Cuba with the mission to heat up tensions between Cuba and USA to the point what would come to be known as the "Cuban Missile Crisis".

Upvote 0
Lets not forget that Operation Barbarossa was Stalin's idea.He wanted to be more involved in the war so he hired Hitler to initiate it.And when the time comes to blame somebody,they will blame Hitler.But nobody could find him and make him answer for his actions.The official report was that he shot himself.WRONG! The soviets got to him first,created a new identity for him and sent him to Cuba with the mission to heat up tensions between Cuba and USA to the point what would come to be known as the "Cuban Missile Crisis".

lol

I knew there were some crazy conspiracy "theories" (should be called hypotheses) out there, but I've never heard of this one. Thanks for the laugh. :D
I do occasionally enjoy this type of comedy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fictional war between USA and USSR in the '70s.
Nothing is fictional here.This is real history.Hitler was also the liaison between the Soviet Union and North Vietnam.He still had connections in Germany which he used to sell mass quantities of Mkb-42 with tungsten ammo to the NVA.During the USS Maddox incident all of the 3 north vietnamese torpedo boats(or should i say Mkb boats) were equipped with them.But the USS Maddox got lucky.Its not because it was saved by the dispatched F-8 Crusader fighter jets,but because the US sent in secret agents to sabotage the Mkb boats.When the Mkb boats were ready to open fire, they backfired instead.The outcome was several NVN sailors were wounded, and four were killed.

Upvote 0
WW1: Too little variaty in weaponry and maps.

To build a challenging and motivating fps there is no need to have tons of weapons. I think that the ww1 scenario has a lot of potential regarding the gameplay...house to house combat, battles on open fields, trench warfare, storming fortresses and maybe some more. But i dont think that this will ever happen...

Upvote 0