• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What scenario do YOU want for Red Orchestra 3 ?

Capt.Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
What new expansion do ya like to see in the RO franchise? (either RO2 or the next generation)

I did not include "modern warfare" because there is a thread about it already running and I did not include "classic Ostfront" because its nothing new. I just included new conflicts that have a realistic chance of being a successful game.

I would like to see Afghanistan cause this war is not portraited in any FPS shooter so it would be a real novelty.
Imagine: a mighty Hind helicopter - 1 pilot, 1 weapon operator, 2 Mg gunners at the bay doors and
a squad of speznaz soldiers in the back waiting to deploy! Teamplay at its best!

With the high russian player count of RO2 you can figure out
that a RO:Afghanistan game will have a great russian fanbase!

Or the desert warfare in Africa...

Last edited:
I don't like polls without the possibility to express the fact that we don't agree with all the choices present here :D

So I will not vote but what I can say is I would realy love something modern because it could attract more players on it. But not something which looks like "insurgency"... An original idea which brings something new to the world of gaming, and which still use the same system than Ro2 for many things like hipshooting and on of course the new Unreal Engine 4 ! ;)

PS : the problem with modern conflicts, it's one side which just simply crush the opposite side with a way better equipement and technology. Maybe just create an imaginary scenario of a new cold war, it would maybe take down the current real tension East/West... ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally main thing I would like is more freedom in maps. Perhaps bits of close quarters and bits of long range alternating. Some of the DH maps did that pretty nice.

In terms of setting personally I would like either WW2 (primarily as the variety in weapons is high, with bolts, smgs, mgs, initial assault rifles etc. Instead of the more modern varient where all weapons are pretty much assualt rifles good at all ranges). TBH setting doesn't matter that much for me there, but perhaps go with western front again even though its done a lot its been a while.

Another setting I would like is somewhere with single round weapons, with some good melee. So you get people firing a single shot, and others using swords axes and bows to fend of enemies.

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra needs to go back to what it did best- being an authentic, all encompassing OSTFRONT game-

Areas that need attention:

- Defence of Sevastopol

- Defence of Moscow

- Rzhev- soviet 1942 counterattacks against the German 9th Army

- Crimea in general- Kerch landings, etc.

I remember in the RO1 days someone made a map called Maikop- It was either RO mod or RO1, I can't remember. This map was awesome- it was combined arms and it was epic. It also explored a pretty unknown area of the war- If I remember correctly, Maikop represented the easternmost territory that the Germans ever got their hands on.

There is a lot to be done. I'm sure that loyal RO fans are still holding out for what they always wanted- an authentic game based on the Eastern front that does what RO1 set out to do, but better.

I don't know how popular my opinion is around here anymore. Red Orchestra- Italy? Come on.

Upvote 0