• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

what mods would you like to see for ro hos?

That reminds me of a COD: UO singleplayer mod I had. Twas short , but twas enjoyable :cool:

That mod started as a mod for MOHAA. But switched to COD 1 and released as SP mod for COD UO. I even have WIP screens somewhere on a disc.

Release and work was a painfull proces as to many people wanted to join and a few people did the work. And the Mod lead who wanted to be kind to everyone. And more dramaqueen stories which made me decide not to join a mod team for years.

That the mod was released was a miracle on its own. I did the Son & Breugel level and helped out with some of the other levels. Most credits are to the guys who worked their butt of to release this mod.

But back on topic A complete Market Garden mod would be great. And the theme is diverse enough to fill a mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about "Red Dawn HOS"... Soviet Paras crashing a BDparty at a local Mc
imgres
Ds

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A mix of Rainbow Six + SWAT 4 in an imaginary near future with lots of terrorism and crime all over the world :D

although i prefer the eastern front to any other ww2 theatre, certainly as far as gaming goes, berlin has never really appealled so much to me.

And amen to that, I would prefer the modern Berlin (why does it always have to be some city in the US or London?) in a video game, than same old 1945 (long list of RO maps comes to my mind)

When it comes to a WWI mod, how do you expect to realistically recreate that experience when a vast majority of the time you were stuck in a trench? To see how that plays out, you only have to play the Trenches HL1/2 mod. It's like CSS but with trenches and a huge No Man's Land in between.

And the ignorance is strong with that post. It is not like 9 million soldiers died from boredom in their trenches.

WWI wasn't only fought in trenches especially in the first couple of month and even if it was, a poorly done mod/game can't be fun. One reason to make Iron Europe is because there is no fun WWI game. The time period offers so much (landscapes, art style, weapons, etc) and the best of all it will make RO's rifle gameplay shine in a new light because the only full auto weapons are cumbersome and very limited in numbers.

Upvote 0
4 different mods that incorporate:

- Mid/Late '20s weapons and vehicles
- Mid/late '30s weapons and vehicles
- '50s weapons and vehicles
- '60s weapons and vehicles

I don't care if the theaters are historically correct. So e.g. Norway vs. Chile with '50s weapons could be possible :)

+ a mod to conquer all other mods is where you combine those above with ww2 stuff and incorporate all possible theaters etc to the same package. So no more separate mods like MN, DH, CC but RO + MN + CC + DH + ??... = FTW

Upvote 0
WWI wasn't only fought in trenches especially in the first couple of month and even if it was, a poorly done mod/game can't be fun. One reason to make Iron Europe is because there is no fun WWI game. The time period offers so much (landscapes, art style, weapons, etc) and the best of all it will make RO's rifle gameplay shine in a new light because the only full auto weapons are cumbersome and very limited in numbers.

Well spoken!!! I am really curious what you guys will come up with!!! I went to get Necrovision in a steamsale due to its WW1 background but... well ...
I think i dont need to say much more then... running around with two 0815 one in each hand just doesnt feel that good...
WW1 is definately underrepresented and I can imagine you can come up with some really cool stuff. Horses instead of tanks or vehicles.. maybe armored trains... I remember the good old days of Historyline 1914-1918...

Upvote 0
A poorly done mod/game can't be fun. One reason to make Iron Europe is because there is no fun WWI game. The time period offers so much (landscapes, art style, weapons, etc) and the best of all it will make RO's rifle gameplay shine in a new light because the only full auto weapons are cumbersome and very limited in numbers.

this!... i player necrovision2 but it was meh only got it for ww1.

Upvote 0
I would like to see a "modern warfare" type mod (doesn't have to be Afghanistan or Iraq, or even middle east) I know COD 4,6, and BFBC2 so there are plenty but RO is so much more real that it would really bring you into the experience. Also, of-course, Normandy and US campaigns. Also the British fighting in Africa nice open desert maps with tanks and trenches.

Upvote 0
I dont know what is the meaning when some mod team is making new maps,does it have to be a historical event that it covers bigger geographical terrain in order for one mod team to be able to get creative and make more than just a few maps,I really dont know about this so called modding religion.

I do believe that if one person is creative he can gather some detailed info,intel,tons and tons of pictures,geographical layout and start making something out of scratch.Of course it has to be more than one person,gotta be a good sturdy team I believe and all have to have their expertiesse in modding,I believe it takes a lot of dedicated work...

If I would of been a part of a modding team I would definatelly vote to make a mod for the Battle of the Hurtgen Forest.It's not a make up story,it really happened,was bloody and tragic as was Stalingrad,and would of make a great mod with big open maps but with different terrain,sort of mountain terrain,going uphil trying to flank out the german bunkers with their MG's stationed in them.

I believe that this fight occured sometime in fall-winter of 1944,so that means its a possibility for adding all the WW2 weapons from german side and the american side.

Just in general I think this would be a very appealing and attractive mod set in Hurtgen Forest location during snow blizzards and rain during fall time.

Some detailed info of the battle can be found here http://www.5ad.org/hurtgen.htm ,and I believe there are hundreds if not thousands of pictures out there to be googled...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know what is the meaning when some mod team is making new maps,does it have to be a historical event that it covers bigger geographical terrain in order for one mod team to be able to get creative and make more than just a few maps,I really dont know about this so called modding religion.

I do believe that if one person is creative he can gather some detailed info,intel,tons and tons of pictures,geographical layout and start making something out of scratch.Of course it has to be more than one person,gotta be a good sturdy team I believe and all have to have their expertiesse in modding,I believe it takes a lot of dedicated work...

If I would of been a part of a modding team I would definatelly vote to make a mod for the Battle of the Hurtgen Forest.It's not a make up story,it really happened,was bloody and tragic as was Stalingrad,and would of make a great mod with big open maps but with different terrain,sort of mountain terrain,going uphil trying to flank out the german bunkers with their MG's stationed in them.

I believe that this fight occured sometime in fall-winter of 1944,so that means its a possibility for adding all the WW2 weapons from german side and the american side.

Just in general I think this would be a very appealing and attractive mod set in Hurtgen Forest location during snow blizzards and rain during fall time.

Some detailed info of the battle can be found here http://www.5ad.org/hurtgen.htm ,and I believe there are hundreds if not thousands of pictures out there to be googled...
Well most of the mods people are talking about in this thread are what we call "total conversion" mods where a team strives to make a completely different experience using the main game as a framework.

So turning RO2 into a modern warfare game, or a Vietnam era game, etc is a "total conversion" because you are replacing almost all of the original game assets with new matieral.

For instance, it would be a waste of energy to make a mod that only takes place in Hurtgen Forest because you would have to make an entirely new army worth of equipment, etc just for that one scenario. Instead, you could make a 1944 "Western Front" mod that encompasses all late-war battles involving the US and Germany, which would include Hurtgen forest, among others.

It takes a vast amount of time, talent, and resources to make a successful total conversion mod. Most of them don't even make it past the early development stages ... so it makes sense to put your effort into something that is going to yield lots of diverse gameplay opportunities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there any interest from the players around here in a mod for the invasion of Poland and the early campaigns in France?
Damn I wish someone would do that! I am no modder, but when I just imagine it...
sitting in a tiny FT17 tank waiting for a German Panzer to pass by so I could sideshot it - that would be so awesome. Or sitting in a B1, getting attacked by a German Panzer 3 group and trying to hold position and not get flanked... but I guess we won't see many new tanks in RO:HOS for some time, because it will be so unbelievable much work! (How you want to get accurate interior details on tanks like B1, FT17 and other anyway?)

Upvote 0
Well most of the mods people are talking about in this thread are what we call "total conversion" mods where a team strives to make a completely different experience using the main game as a framework.

So turning RO2 into a modern warfare game, or a Vietnam era game, etc is a "total conversion" because you are replacing almost all of the original game assets with new matieral.

For instance, it would be a waste of energy to make a mod that only takes place in Hurtgen Forest because you would have to make an entirely new army worth of equipment, etc just for that one scenario. Instead, you could make a 1944 "Western Front" mod that encompasses all late-war battles involving the US and Germany, which would include Hurtgen forest, among others.

It takes a vast amount of time, talent, and resources to make a successful total conversion mod. Most of them don't even make it past the early development stages ... so it makes sense to put your effort into something that is going to yield lots of diverse gameplay opportunities.

So lets just say some group descides to make,Vietnam mode,it would be natural that we get different maps,different layout,maeby some in city maps but mostly in the jungles with swamps etc etc etc...

I would guess that when a mod like this is made they also make new weapons right,new skins for them,new weapon caracter such as,rate of fire,magazine,damage,recoil,sway,heavyness etc etc etc??? Is it all made from scratch,I'm sure soldiers clothing will be also different right?

Upvote 0
So lets just say some group descides to make,Vietnam mode,it would be natural that we get different maps,different layout,maeby some in city maps but mostly in the jungles with swamps etc etc etc...

I would guess that when a mod like this is made they also make new weapons right,new skins for them,new weapon caracter such as,rate of fire,magazine,damage,recoil,sway,heavyness etc etc etc??? Is it all made from scratch,I'm sure soldiers clothing will be also different right?
Yep! In a total conversion mod, EVERYTHING from the original game is usually changed in some way, or made from scratch. That means new maps, new textures, new statics (for maps), new player models, new animations, new weapon sounds, and sometimes, entirely new gameplay systems ... all of which requires new code!

Red Orchestra started out as a total conversion mod for the game Unreal Tournament 2003, which was a sci-fi space shooter. The dev team, headed by Ramm, turned an arcade sci-fi space shooter into a realistic tactical WWII FPS set on the Eastern front. It's the ultimate example of a total conversion mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also the British fighting in Africa nice open desert maps with tanks and trenches.

If there was to be one expansion/mod for HoS set in ww2 this and the italy campaign would be it for me.
Basically what Mare nostrum was set out to be - so you'd have british and commonwealth in n africa with the opportunity for large open tank warfare.
Then the US join for tunis- sicily, anzio landings and you finish up with the push for rome.
Reason being is it offers 2 completely different settings, many armies/nationalities, covers early war but the late war tank nut is catered for with the tigers, panthers and ferdinands of italy. plus a large selection of allied kit too.
Massive potential and diversity possibly beyond any other front.
If it was the 'sanctioned' addon like RS it would get more interest (both devs and players) than before, and a ppl would get to see what an awesome setting this could be.

add in vietnam and modern rainbow six style mods and things would be nicely covered.

Upvote 0