• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

what mods would you like to see for ro hos?

Neotokyo

I wish you didn't die Neotokyo. :(

ain't that the truth.
neotokio is the best mod i can think of that hardly gets played. The laughs we used to have on the CvG server - one of the only 2 ever populated - are the best i can ever remember having.
A huge number of my steam freinds were made in that game.

One problem was that as it started getting more competitive, the fact that it had such a simple exploit that was dificult to police become unacceptable really, and games would become slanging matches with accusations flying all over the place.
With that fixed and very little else needed, a steam release would have given us a tactical 'thinking man's' counterstrike.
The concept was brilliantly simple yet lead to complex cat-and-mouse games, and forcing communication to such an extent that made it almost like a social event.
The models and particularly maps were of the highest quality.

I think we have enough historic real life mods on the table for HoS for now - if a team could produce a sci-fi / fantasy shooter of NT's quality based around RO-style realistic gun handling it would be a masterstroke.

Upvote 0
I would love to see a mod which tells the story of Operation Market Garden.

From the droppings near Grave,Son & Breugel, Groesbeek and Arnhem.
The capture of Grave bridge. The fights in Nijmegen. The defensive
operations against the German counterattacks. The short but hard fight
at Arnhem bridge. Britsh XXX corps. The river Waal crossing. And the heroic defense
of the Oosterbeek perimeter.

Upvote 0
Some sort of american cival war mod would be cool, but really having too many mod will just spit up the players to much and most mod ideas dont seem like they would fit in with RO2, many seem like they would just be better off as a ut3 mod.

it wouldn't split up anyone because 99 percent of those mods fail hilariously.

Reactions: Hans Ludwig
Upvote 0
I think that RO2 would be ideal to turn into a 1945 Battle for Berlin mod, late war period obviously, with late war uniforms on the models of Wehrmacht and scope for Waffen ss models, the soviets didn't change much during the late war period. This would introduce a lot more variety in terms of weapons and vehicles into the game.

In fact I only came back from Berlin on Monday from a weekend city break with my wife. As a re-enactor I was amazed at how much of the buildings from the pre-war period still survive. I was visiting the Museum Insel, or island not far from Alexander Platz and all of the surviving buildings have bullet and shell shot holes all over them, the scars have been either pasted over with cement or else patched with small blocks of sand stone or granit, or just left in some cases.

Anyway, I have done some modding in the past mainly for Arma and Arma 2 so I would like to turn my modest skills to RO2 and give it a go. So, if anyone fancies joining me, let me know.

Upvote 0