• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

what mods would you like to see for ro hos?

Best idea yet.:cool:

=)

I just imagined how awesome it would be to have a Republic Commando, with updated graphics, cover system, ironsights in every weapon, non linear missions, and the option for 4 player coop (or more) or even a team vs team mode.

I would start the mod myself, but I'm so clueless with SDK that I just get lost before I even start creating a map.
Still... thinking about it is like:

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
=)

I just imagined how awesome it would be to have a Republic Commando, with updated graphics, cover system, ironsights in every weapon, non linear missions, and the option for 4 player coop (or more) or even a team vs team mode.

I have always wanted some kind of inf squad based scifi mod using Ro mechanics - I love starwars but i would be happy to see some orgional work, if it showed enough imagination.

Take the Neotokio mod - super quality maps and models with a mindblowing gameplay concept , already a great game but if you made gunplay a bit more like more like RO/R6, then you would have a truely awesome Scifi mod.

Upvote 0
I have always wanted some kind of inf squad based scifi mod using Ro mechanics - I love starwars but i would be happy to see some orgional work, if it showed enough imagination.

Take the Neotokio mod - super quality maps and models with a mindblowing gameplay concept , already a great game but if you made gunplay a bit more like more like RO/R6, then you would have a truely awesome Scifi mod.

Neotokio didn't feel enough sci-fi-ish to me, I need to fight inside battleships.

Anyway is kinda ironic, because I love Republic Commando, but I dislike Star Wars in general.

Of course if I made it myself and I decided to go with an original work... it would have Anime style art... and Lemon would go bankrupt.
faceg.gif

Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
Lucas Arts recently acquired a license to the Unreal Engine 3 and rumors for a Republic Commando 2 are already spreading but I wouldn't count on it ... considering the amount of fail Lucas Arts is producing recently :rolleyes:

Also making a mod for a franchise owned by someone else is not a got idea, too much trouble.

And as far as Sci-Fi shooters go watch out for Planetstorm it is a Sci-Fi shooter for the UDK (release hopefully this year) it will have iron sights, space ships and all that stuff.

YouTube - Angels Fall First Planetstorm RC8 Trailer

YouTube - Angels Fall First : Planetstorm

YouTube - Angels Fall First: Planetstorm - Unreal Tournament 3 Mod

P.S: check out Troopers for Ut2k4 ;)

Upvote 0