• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Victory day in Russia

No communism shall be celebrated.
Celebrated is victory against Nazi Germany, not the communism itself. And btw. there are also other bad systems such as capitalism.
I can expect that most of negative comments will be from "nazi fans", most popular group on WW2 forums etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will celebrate this day just like a true Russian!:D
glebov--article_image.jpg

Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
Former U.S. Secretary of State comments on the Fall of Berlin in 1945 (part of the TV series 'Russia's War: Blood Upon The Snow'; the DVD version does not include these commentaries):

YouTube - IBP Film Distribution Ltd Presents Russia's War[/URL]

I saw some of the celebrations from Russia last year on the 65th Anniversary through Youtube.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is Victory Day - it is not a political event. even if politicians and other scum try and make that (and Memorial Day and everything else) into something political.

Никто не забыт, ничто не забыто

Interestingly enough, I was watching Shields and Brooks on the News Hour with Jim Lehr, when Shields mentioned that Carl von Clausewitz said, and I'm paraphrasing, that war is the continuation of politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will celebrate this day just like a true Russian!:D
glebov--article_image.jpg

What's that pic from hahaha?

BTW, anyone who down voted the OP has issues. If Russia doesn't have the right to celebrate victory and the end of a war that cost over 23 million Russian lives than who does?

Friggin SS revisionist nuts on this site...=P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interestingly enough, I was watching Shields and Brooks on the News Hour with Jim Lehr, when Shields mentioned that Carl von Clausewitz said, and I'm paraphrasing, that war is the continuation of politics.

It is, it's just that the people celebrating in Russia now have zero connection with the political climate of the 1940s. (the only vets still alive today were likely too young to be connected to the Party in any real sense)

Upvote 0

1977: In Sam Peckinpah's film Cross of Iron, Feldwebel Steiner (James Coburn) has an ironic conversation in the trenches between hostilities with the advancing Red Army with his comrade, Cpl. Schnurrbart, in which they refer to German philosophers and their views on war. Cpl. Schnurrbart: " ...and von Clausewitz said, 'war is a continuation of state policy by other means.'"

"Yes," Steiner says, overlooking the trenches, " ...by other means."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_von_Clausewitz

But I wonder if the end justifies the means or doesn't.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0