• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update on map exploits and memory usage

A required update for Killing Floor has just been released. All servers must update to remain compatible with the client. Unlike other updates, the version number has not changed and all servers will show in the server browser whether they are updated or not. As such, if you are getting mismatches when connecting to a server please try another server that is already updated. The update included the following changes:
  • Fixed exploits on KF-Bedlam, KF-BioticsLab, KF-Farm, KF-Manor, KF-Offices, and KF-Wyre.
  • Further reduced the memory utilization in the Killing Floor Client.

Hey good news about further memory reduction, has Tripwire made any progress towards fixing those hitches upon ZED spawning at the start of waves? I would assume thats a memory problem. I might be wrong.

Yes we have a fix for this working on our internal build. It just needs a bit more testing before we roll it public. We hope to put out an update soon with this fix and a few other fixes as well.

Upvote 0
Unlike other updates, the version number has not changed and all servers will show in the server browser whether they are updated or not.

Just come here to post my theory about this.

Torchlight update didnt change its version number, and a dev confirm it's his fault. But, well, here's my theory:

1011 is a holy number, and it means something. Maybe something big's gonna happens :)

Everyone's ready.

Upvote 0
Yes we have a fix for this working on our internal build. It just needs a bit more testing before we roll it public. We hope to put out an update soon with this fix and a few other fixes as well.

Thats awesome. Good work. Only thing left to do in my book is bring Berserker back up to balance somehow. Then I'd call it perfect. You hear that- PERFECT.
:cool:

Upvote 0
Another Issue

Another Issue

I should have posted this months ago, but I thought someone else might catch it, and it would be fixed. When I play if I am pressing forward when the round starts I will go into 3rd person mode, can't get out of it, and sometimes there will be unlimited grenades in this mode. Doesn't matter though really as many of the monsters become insubstantial / invisible and my non default weapons get lost. Take care, great game.

Upvote 0