• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad TWB Servers

Technically impossible with a mutator and ReservedSlots is a mutator. A connection attempt to a server will fail if all slots on that server are already occupied. You will directly get a server full message without even seeing the connection or map download screen. In other words the server and thus any mutator running on that server won't even know that someone did try to connect. This is why the ReservedSlots mutator locks a minimum of 2 slots. Those 2 slots guarantee that players can still connect to the server and allows the ReservedSlots mutator to decide if that person is allowed to stay or if he should be removed (Server full).

Upvote 0
So it's been a few days since the server implemented the reserved slots thing, and well...

Before, TLS server was really popular. Now, it's horrifically popular. I shall explain.

Before, it was 64/64 and if you wanted to join, you diligently hit refresh until you noticed it was 63/64 and then you connected, if not beaten to the punch by a more diligent refresher.

As it is now, the server stays at 61/64 and is much harder to connect to -- whereas before it was only the regs trying to get into a packed server, now it's everyone - because non-regs see the 61/64, and, unaware of the reserve slots try to connect. As a result, it's much much harder for the regs to connect if they have to compete with lots of people trying to connect under the false impression that there are 3 slots free.

I completely understand that if you (TWB crew) can't connect to your own server, then that's a problem, and I don't begrudge you in the slightest for setting a modest number of slots aside for those two contribute towards server costs. ...However, as a result, it's made it much much harder for us regs to connect than it was before.

If I may make a suggestion; would it not be a more elegant solution to give those who currently have access to the reserved slots admin access instead? Would it not be better to just kick the last person (or last two people) to join prior to connecting? If you don't want as many admins on the server, then you could just tell those given access for the purposes of connecting not to use their functions except so as to connect.

I would definitely make a small

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I'd agree. Love playing on your servers (and have done since Ostfront) but it takes way too much effort to join it when it's 'full' thesedays. However, TWB's Last Stand is suffering. The fact that you have to load the map before it informs you that the slots are taken is also compounding the problem. I know it's a delicate balance between annoying people because they can't join or annoying people because of a 'makeroom' feature but personally I'd rather be kicked once in a blue moon :).

Upvote 0
We have removed the reserved slots mutator (for now) from TWB's Last Stand.
Thank you all for your feedback its nice to have players who use our servers give us good feedback on admin and features.
Many thanks;)

Thank you man! Very much appreciated. The server's still packed (which is good), but now connecting is no problem at all. :)

EDIT] If I may make a suggestion... I reckon changing the placement of Bridges of Druzhina would be good. It's a really long map which is probably better suited to the tiles at either end of the map, rather than in the middle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you man! Very much appreciated. The server's still packed (which is good), but now connecting is no problem at all. :)

EDIT] If I may make a suggestion... I reckon changing the placement of Bridges of Druzhina would be good. It's a really long map which is probably better suited to the tiles at either end of the map, rather than in the middle.

The only issue with having bridges where it is, is that I generally find that map rather interesting if the teams are somewhat even, but the situations where North is going to be attacked you'd more likely pick Pavlovs House as it's much easier to attack. So usually you'll find that the teams that pick Bridges to attack are either extremely confident or extremely foolish. If it's the latter then one team (usually the defense) will have a rather boring 40 minute game of bleeding the opponents to death on the first 5 points.

There are issues with moving it though as there's very few places where it'd make sense to have it. You could maybe move it to where Rakowice is, but that would lead to having it only ever really being a German defense map if the Allied team is good and at the other end you've already got Red October and Gumrak Station which are both relatively easy defense maps.

One thing I love so much about TLS is the map positioning since outside of few territories (Central for example since I'm not a fan of Kessel or Grain Elevator to attack and West since if you lose it as Allies its incredibly hard to ever get it back) you've always got a pretty good map selection to choose from.

Upvote 0
Hmm, good points. I think the question then becomes, if Rakowice is an Axis defence map, then is Coldsteel a Rakowice equivalent? Seems like more of a Mamayev equivalent to me. Dunno.

Unrelated:
As a side note TWB are looking for a couple of clans to have regular Sunday night match practices.

We mostly play matches around 20.30hrs GMT.
If your interested just PM me.

Fancy a TWB vs TWB's Last Stand regulars match? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ro2.jpg

rs.jpg

TWB are now actively seeking to increase its membership in 2013.

We are a multi-gaming clan so we support a range of other games alongside Red Orchestra.

We have hosted high quality RO2-HOS and Rising Storm servers from release day and we will continue to admin them to the highest possible standards.

TWB-RO2-Banner.png

Clan Tag: TWB*​

Leaders: TWB Executive​

Competitive/Non-competitive: Both​

Recruiting : yes​

IRC: n/a​

Teamspeak: Members only​

TWB ARE RUNNING A WIDE VARIETY OF RO2/RS SERVERS.
THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE RO2 SERVERS FROM TWB!!!

banner_560x95.png

We are looking for mature gamers of 21+ with a good attitude, who enjoy playing and gaming online for FUN.

Membership will entitle you to the following.

* Access to all our game servers.​

* Access to our Private Teamspeak server.​

* Access to our Clan only forum area.​

* The right to represent TWB in Clan matches.​

So if you want to stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of the best then apply now!!!​

Fill in the online application form or post in the New Members room in our forum.​

Please read our "code of honour" on the site and the "how to join" post in our forum New Members room to ensure you understand all our requirements.​

There are limited spaces available so apply now.

Get into the fight from Stalingrad to Iwo Jima and join a TWB 64 player Server..

Upvote 0