• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad TWB Servers

Hi Butch,

Just wanted to say, I almost exclusively play on TWB servers now, particularly Last Stand. IME more people use their mics than any other server I've been on (with the possible exception of [40-1]) and we all benefit from that improved coordination.

You guys host a fair few servers, and as a server owner I have to ask- how do you afford it as a clan? They can't all be running off of 1 dedibox, as Deliverance appears to be US hosted.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Ingame: perky

Upvote 0
Hi Butch,

Just wanted to say, I almost exclusively play on TWB servers now, particularly Last Stand. IME more people use their mics than any other server I've been on (with the possible exception of [40-1]) and we all benefit from that improved coordination.

You guys host a fair few servers, and as a server owner I have to ask- how do you afford it as a clan? They can't all be running off of 1 dedibox, as Deliverance appears to be US hosted.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Ingame: perky

Many thanks for the compliments and we are glad you enjoy the servers;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Being self-employed, I used to let my business 'fund' one or two boxes. Shhhhhh...

I can't speak for TWB, but there are quite a few individual admins/players that fund several dedicated server boxes at once as a hobby. Games may range from CoD, BF, to RO. Almost every hobby/pastime costs something. Some clans/networks have generous and gainfully employed persons willing to help substantially with the tab.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see Last Stand as standard map rotation HOS server again :/ or maybe switch Old Glory to HOS only?

RO campaign servers have the problem that it always spins around the 3 last allied territories leading to usually max 4 different maps.

Now when there's 2 RO2:HOS campaign servers players will never see the majority of the maps on your servers.

And tbh I have never seen Old Glory and Rathole even half full. Or the other being completely empty when other was a bit populated. This is because of mixing HOS and RS.

I always play HOS at [40-1] or TWB, but considering only full servers are all Campaign mode (3 in this case), the map variation starts to be really poor.

Don't get me wrong! I really like your servers and have been playing in them since RO:OST. I just wish you guys could do something about the map rotation.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As someonewho plays on primarily the Last Stand server I'd like to request that you don't change it from campaign. There's a really nice community on the server and the majority of people who play there play purely because it's campaign. I'm not entirely sure that changing it would be a very good idea.

I'd also like to thank you for reducing the number of reserved slots from 5 down to 2-3, I'm not entirely sure if it was a bug or a mixup on the admin side but having 5 slots unjoinable made for a rather unpleasent experience trying to get in.

One suggestion coming from someone who has worked closely with server admins from other games, is there any chance to set up the reserved slots in RO2 to have them avaliable as open slots and then an admin joins on top of those slots? I realise you have the slots to allow (rightfully so) your clan members to get into the servers with their name on it, but If what I'm suggesting is possible, we have the best of both worlds. A full server when there's no admins around and also the admins can just join "over" a player (this kicks a random player which I understand is regrettable). Of course this is only from experience in other games and I have no idea if that's even possible, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.

Thanks a lot for running all your servers TWB, playing in Last Stand especially makes my play experience a hell of a lot more enjoyable!

Upvote 0