Tripwire Interactive announces

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Wow!

I don't think Rising Storm will manage this level of fidelity, but it would be nice to use as an example.

I haven't played a decent jungle shooter since Vietcong. The last jungle warfare game I played was Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault which sucked badly.

There would be certain constraints in making a map like that that was big enough for 16+ players. That one there is actually pretty small. Also, you should be careful in the use of the word 'fidelity' - that map appears to be faithful to what Hollywood imagines SE Asia looks like. As RS is mostly South and West Pacific you can expect rather different vegetation - mangroves, bamboo, coconut palms, kangaroo grass, bougainvillea etc...

However, I am pretty sure we will endeavour to generally match that in terms of look and, when godrays come out in the next iteration of UDK, I think we can aim, in certain respects, to beat it.

That waterfall is pretty fecking sweet, though - been taking that apart in the editor for a few evenings recently. :)

Last edited:

Greenhell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
The netherlands
Good stuff! If I wasn't up to my ears in work, I'd prolly try and get in the mod team...well, if Worluk would join also, that is :D

Perhaps I could make a map...something with a bridge...and bunkers...hmm, that might work, hehe

Last edited:

dogbadger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
this theatre did quite well in the 'which mod?' survey if i recall.
i thought it was likely to be chosen then, but not as a TW project.
I dunno if that thread had any baring on it's selection.

Trendkill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2006
Dorset, UK
I'd recently been thinking I'd like to have seen a PTO mod for RO... then, pretty late to the game, I heard about this. Needless to say I'm very excited, even moreso because it will be developed with the help of Tripwire which is just a great thing for the community. Hopefully it will give us some styles of play uniquely different to that we've seen and have yet to see on the Eastern Front.

I wish it all the best.

JOHN_MACCLANE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 22, 2007
Good new

Good new

Good new
Thank you Jesus Christ !!

;)

LOL

PACIFIC WAR !!YEAHH

BANNNZAIIIIIIIIIIIII !

Art of live and die among Bushido !!

SgtH3nry3

FNG / Fresh Meat
There would be certain constraints in making a map like that that was big enough for 16+ players. That one there is actually pretty small. Also, you should be careful in the use of the word 'fidelity' - that map appears to be faithful to what Hollywood imagines SE Asia looks like. As RS is mostly South and West Pacific you can expect rather different vegetation - mangroves, bamboo, coconut palms, kangaroo grass, bougainvillea etc...

However, I am pretty sure we will endeavour to generally match that in terms of look and, when godrays come out in the next iteration of UDK, I think we can aim, in certain respects, to beat it.

That waterfall is pretty fecking sweet, though - been taking that apart in the editor for a few evenings recently. :)
I love the RO modder mentality! :D

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
LOL the first I heard of this was on BeyondUnreal.com where they just said it was an expansion pack. I'm like, "**** Tripwire, release the damn game before talking about expansion packs!" But then of course I found out it's actually going to be a mod and got super excited.

Still, it seems a bit hilarious/ridiculous to get official news of an expansion for a game that none of us have played ....

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
It's just amazing if you read the feature list, it's practically the same as for RO:HOS.
And since it's a free mod, we're basically getting two games for the price of one!
This most likely will drive people to buy extra copies again, just like all the free stuff for RO:OST did :)

smith1215

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2008
I was expecting a mod/game like this because of The Pacific. The best part is I know it will be very realistic.

Best of luck Dev team.

TWB*JimMiller

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2008
Simply brilliant idea! I know the talent of the modding community is going to shine through to make a great addition to a great game. This I truly hope is only the tip f the iceberg for what may come even further down the road. All of you involved deserve the best that success can offer you.

Sincerely,
TWB*JimMiller