• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive announces

Upvote 0
Wow!

I don't think Rising Storm will manage this level of fidelity, but it would be nice to use as an example.

I haven't played a decent jungle shooter since Vietcong. The last jungle warfare game I played was Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault which sucked badly.

There would be certain constraints in making a map like that that was big enough for 16+ players. That one there is actually pretty small. Also, you should be careful in the use of the word 'fidelity' - that map appears to be faithful to what Hollywood imagines SE Asia looks like. As RS is mostly South and West Pacific you can expect rather different vegetation - mangroves, bamboo, coconut palms, kangaroo grass, bougainvillea etc...

However, I am pretty sure we will endeavour to generally match that in terms of look and, when godrays come out in the next iteration of UDK, I think we can aim, in certain respects, to beat it.

That waterfall is pretty fecking sweet, though - been taking that apart in the editor for a few evenings recently. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd recently been thinking I'd like to have seen a PTO mod for RO... then, pretty late to the game, I heard about this. Needless to say I'm very excited, even moreso because it will be developed with the help of Tripwire which is just a great thing for the community. Hopefully it will give us some styles of play uniquely different to that we've seen and have yet to see on the Eastern Front.

I wish it all the best.

Upvote 0
There would be certain constraints in making a map like that that was big enough for 16+ players. That one there is actually pretty small. Also, you should be careful in the use of the word 'fidelity' - that map appears to be faithful to what Hollywood imagines SE Asia looks like. As RS is mostly South and West Pacific you can expect rather different vegetation - mangroves, bamboo, coconut palms, kangaroo grass, bougainvillea etc...

However, I am pretty sure we will endeavour to generally match that in terms of look and, when godrays come out in the next iteration of UDK, I think we can aim, in certain respects, to beat it.

That waterfall is pretty fecking sweet, though - been taking that apart in the editor for a few evenings recently. :)
I love the RO modder mentality! :D

Upvote 0
LOL the first I heard of this was on BeyondUnreal.com where they just said it was an expansion pack. I'm like, "**** Tripwire, release the damn game before talking about expansion packs!" But then of course I found out it's actually going to be a mod and got super excited.

Still, it seems a bit hilarious/ridiculous to get official news of an expansion for a game that none of us have played ....

Upvote 0