Tomorrow for 24 hours Red Orchestra 2 will be Free

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Yes, Free! By navigating to http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/ and downloading the game tomorrow after the promotion starts and before it ends (the promotion will last 24 hours), the game will be free to keep forever!

Following this, we will be rolling into a free weekend for Rising Storm (free for a limited time) as well as a discount! If you've been trying to convince a friend to play Red Orchestra 2 with you, there will be no better time than tomorrow!

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
This is going to bring in the most players yet. We gotta try and hype this up all over the internet as much as we can tomorrow!

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
Tomorrow? Let's start now so they're ready for tomorrow!!!

Trust me, the hype will go around much more quickly if the deal was available right when people hear about it. If they hear about it now, there's a chance they'll forget about it tomorrow. Try and assume everyone is a forgetful idiot. :D

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I want nothing more than to see metric ton of classic servers full tomorrow (with custom maps) :)

Cultivator

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2011
Siegfriedlinie/Germany
Well done Tripwire and AMG!
smiley_emoticons_seb_hut6.gif

Yoshiro said:
I want nothing more than to see metric ton of classic servers full tomorrow

This! And Custommaps.... :D

Regards Culti

Thelionheart

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 6, 2012
I wish I could experience this. Sadly I just got taken back to college and only have my laptop with me now. I hope when I come back after finals that RO2 has 20 times the population it has right now.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Setup some for us then. :)

We actually try not to cover what we feel will be the most popular server settings so that server admins will step up and build communities around those servers (since ours will disappear)

G_Sajer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Minnesota
:cool:

Wow. This is pretty stunning --and generous. I really hope this brings the franchise to critical mass. All the tools seem to in place for a quantum leap forward.

atomyc

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 29, 2012
Spain
i hope steam is up to the task, i had some connection problems lately.

There is expectation at least in my country's forums I hope many noobs come :).

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Awesome news. Can you divulge how big the discount on RS will be?

What it normally is for a big sales event :)

And yes, we're hoping this will be a biggie. Hopefully it won't bring Steam to its knees. Actually, I sort of hope it will... but only cos that means its going well.

There should be plenty of press about it tomorrow. Just spread it around once it gets started...

ccmm7

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2013
Canada
Last edited: