Tomorrow for 24 hours Red Orchestra 2 will be Free

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ButchCassidy

Feb 17, 2006
The Hole in the Wall
www.twbclan.com
What a smart piece of marketing, give the core game away for just 24 hours, sell the add on for just a few dollars and have a free weekend!
All equals record breaking player numbers for a game we all know has deserved much more exposure than it has received in its 3 year life span.
I would love to know how close they got to the magic 1million downloads..
L4D2 had 4 million on its 24 hours freebie and that was marketed by the worlds largest digital delivery company.
Looking at the player stats they must have either achieved 1million or surpassed it?

Very impressed and well done TWI:D

Bashenka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 5, 2009
Seattle
I feel like the singleplayer is going to put a lot of people off, unfortunately. It is not the most flattering of RO experiences, and people are quick to apply that experience to the game as a whole.

That being said these are still record numbers and hopefully this is the beginning of a swelling player-base!

Bane5

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 27, 2012
as of now the game is back up to 15000+ again in multiplayer for the 2nd day in a row.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We expect it will drop over the next few days, but from what we can figure we should have a significant bump over the old previous average.

Bane5

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 27, 2012
Saturday's peak is in: 16,551, higher than Friday or Thursday's multiplayer

morticore

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 13, 2012
Łęczyca, Poland
I love free weekends, more meat for the grinder, plus New additions to the community
I used to love free weekends, but this was far beyond my imagination, there was even no place to play in territory mode. What is good players today behaved better (not only in terms of gameplay but also personal culture)than in Friday.

jergul

Sep 19, 2009
still early days, but ebb (lowest number of players) today was more than 5 times greater than pre-promotion lowest daily counts.

3400 or thereabouts.