• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate and ONLY KF is dying / not updated / etc thread

Is only true regarding RO, cause on KF you still charge for the Skin's. While it was very cheap it still is "paid dlc"

Quite a big difference between charging people for game altering content and charging people for alternative skins. Call of Duty charges you for maps, Total War charges you for new more powerful units, Fifa charges you for updates on the current player lists.

I'd hardly rank a cosmetic skin in the same ballpark as any of that game breaking stuff :p

Upvote 0
Whenever the update comes, I just hope they fix the SDK and game engine bugs. Especially the 'Select inside' tool in the SDK :p
Everything related to KF likes to crash alot.

Yeah the SDK has been more choc full of bugs than before, I wonder if they updated it but not KF.

EDIT-Just read about Rising Storm for HoS, was this the big milestone you guys were building up to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quite a big difference between charging people for game altering content and charging people for alternative skins. Call of Duty charges you for maps, Total War charges you for new more powerful units, Fifa charges you for updates on the current player lists.

I'd hardly rank a cosmetic skin in the same ballpark as any of that game breaking stuff :p

Valve does not charge for DLC on PC, wich is awesome imo.
I also used to play the OLD UT series wich also released a lot of bonus pack's, some of them were user made, but prety good.

Also, i didnt bought mw2 because of the charged DLC + lack of dedicated servers. And i dont know if i would have bought KF if i knew they would charge for skins, and probably will wait before buying RO 2 or KF 2(If it ever become's released).

Tripware should instead allow users to create new player models like it happens on Unreal Tournament.
We would sure have much more variety of player models that way, like the maps (we have a huge ammount of maps since they allow moding).

Now most of the game company's dont allow moded content to force the player to buy their "dlc" wich is a prety bad decision cause on those cases i will probably get it with Captain Jack instead of buying the game.

I Like to buy the game and have it with all features it can offer to me without having to pay again, will only pay again if it is an Expansion or a Sequel.
Imo, if they dont release any new DLC it is not realy an issue for me, but charging for DLC realy annoys me.

Is not about not having money, is about not buying the "FULL" game.

You buy the game and then sudenly you notice you actualy dont have all the features if can offer, but you have to buy then separately.

Well, would be better if they allowed the option to buy the full games with all the future DLC for an price X, and buy the game without the DLC's for the Price Y (cheaper than X) and if you want you could buy the DLC's separately.

Just an example:

KF full = 25 dolars

KF without dlc's = 15 dolars

DLC pack = 10

Keep in mind that this post is just my opinion, my view as a gamer i dont want to sound ofensive and im sory if i did.

Sory about my bad english, im from Brazil, english is not my first language.

Upvote 0
Nah, your english is fine dude, I understood no problems :)

I personally consider Tripwire doing DLC the right way. The DLC doesn't alter the gaming experience, and merely serves as something that can be bought if people WANT to buy it, rater than HAVE to buy it.

Big comanies like Activision and EA and what not release half a game, then expect you to pay more to get the rest of it. Mapping fore example does take alot of work, but splitting the community in such a way where those who can't or wont pay for the DLC miss out is a gits move. In KF on the other hand noone is affected whether or not they buy the DLC, they can just make their chaarcter look alittle different.

Incidently TWI encourages modding form the community, especially since they originally were modders themselves. And there is a flurry of customised skins already out :)

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42074[/URL]

Upvote 0
TW has made some great decisions relating to expanding KF.

The extra content is all free but you get this little advert box in the corner which lets face it doesn't bother anyone.

The only buyable content doesn't alter the game at all and is just a fashion accessory for those who want to help support the company.

These are great ideas.

And they even give you the SDK so that you can make your own maps for the game which is becoming rarer these days.

Unlike the CoD Franchise who charge at least

Upvote 0
TW has made some great decisions relating to expanding KF.

The extra content is all free but you get this little advert box in the corner which lets face it doesn't bother anyone.

The only buyable content doesn't alter the game at all and is just a fashion accessory for those who want to help support the company.

These are great ideas.

And they even give you the SDK so that you can make your own maps for the game which is becoming rarer these days.

Unlike the CoD Franchise who charge at least

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nobody asked for free updates. Start charging by all means. Ten, twenty dollars for a dlc? I'm up for it - in fact I'd prefer it. If it means you can produce more content faster then I'd pay without question.

Ohhhh! STFU!!! :mad:

I remember the excitement and anxiety when Level up! was announced. I escaped from my work to be early in home and dowload the update. I remember all the speculation and the ilegal screenshoots of dj_skully and the ak47. It was hilarious. I remember the grindhouse contest!! Every single day testing a new map. How can not remember that? It was a few months ago. Now I am close to make 600 hours of game, still enjoying the game and always greatfully with TWI. Of course, I WANT MORE EXCITEMENT!! New DLC and a contest of mission maps!!!!!! (take your time, guys)

I love this community, too!
You muppets!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You wanna talk about a game that died? Look at Insurgency Mod for the Source engine. 97 players as of now and 397 peak today. Considering that you need way more players to make a game of INS interesting you're looking at only a handful of decent servers. Granted it's only a mod and it's free. The worst part? They're still updating it regularly and even then can't manage to attract more players than KF.

Quantity is not quality, people, so be patient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Killing Floor is a FPS game and not a MMORPG which could easily attract players to join in and get huge boost of popularity. It is normal for a FPS game such as KF to have a small yet robust community unlike MMORPG which could achieve a good boost of players but end up losing the community when they hit the max cap for the level, losing interest in the game, maxing their inventory.

Upvote 0
I'm sure the future updates will fix the problem plus u can play new maps i'm sure some of the maps wont be easy for the first try.

I did pretty much every map out there man. And by joining the testing team for the whitelist i was playing on every new maps. So as you can see, i lost interest in KF. Especially with the latest update. I knew that nothing new was coming, but i was expecting at least a small balance... it didnt happened. There's just a limit to wait for something and i did reach that limit yesterday. :cool:

Upvote 0
I did pretty much every map out there man. And by joining the testing team for the whitelist i was playing on every new maps. So as you can see, i lost interest in KF. Especially with the latest update. I knew that nothing new was coming, but i was expecting at least a small balance... it didnt happened. There's just a limit to wait for something and i did reach that limit yesterday. :cool:

Geez play some other game then and don't lose faith on KF.

Upvote 0
the game itself is just too easy right now. that's pretty much the only problem.

and king, you're not "supposed" to camp. it's just not discouraged. camping is not the only effective tactic in KF. nowhere in KF does it imply "camp or you wont survive". in fact quite the opposite. staying on the move with your team is very effective for some maps and not so effective for others. camping is also very non-effective for some maps.

Camping was alot harder in the mod(2.11) because you couldn't Use Sights to pop everythings head with the 9mm.
Enemies were generally stronger aswell.

Upvote 0
Camping was alot harder in the mod(2.11) because you couldn't Use Sights to pop everythings head with the 9mm.
Enemies were generally stronger aswell.

Well in this kf it's hard to escape, since zombies spawn really close to you (sometimes in lame ways like behind you.....). So less chances to escape. Specially in suicidal, where zombies run faster than Usaint Bolt. Suicidal was kindda imposible before all those patches. It was really buggy, now at least the speed and desync are ok. It's more playable.
Plus you're right, now it's easier to do headshots but it looks cool =D

Upvote 0
Tripware should instead allow users to create new player models like it happens on Unreal Tournament.
We would sure have much more variety of player models that way, like the maps (we have a huge ammount of maps since they allow moding).

we are allowed to create new player models - except no one has the skills to do it.

Upvote 0