• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The new Firebug toy will be...

The new Firebug toy will be...

• Flare Gun

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Incendiary Rocket/Grenade Launcher

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Bigger Flamethrower

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 55 72.4%

• Total voters
update is really a letdown.

mac10 is REALLY COOL and all and makes the firebug actually worth playing as now he can do actual damage but there's just no real balance fixes. crossbow's price going up doesnt fix how ridiculous it is.

on the other hand, i can now use the LAW as the demo and get bonuses for it. cool.

Demos have always had a bonus with the LAW.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=631584&postcount=8

Obnoxious smileys aside, why did they decide to nerf SCAR damage as opposed to EBR damage? It needed a damage nerf and mag reduction, not one or the other.

Really? Scar nerf? I haven't tried it yet so I wouldn't know. That and the SDK files don't seem to have changed so I don't see the updated values in the kfmod and kfchar files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I can't kill a clot with an ebr bodyshot, singleplayer on hard anymore so I guess its damage got nerfed too.

As for the new firebug toy no one expected cause it isn't what we think it is and we're all gonna like it... a submachinegun with incendiary ammo?
All that buildup for... that?

Lamest idea ever.
What was with all that "ohh you'll never guess what it is"- crap?
Incendiary ammunition was like what, one of the first things to be suggested?
I expected something a little more creative. Something unique.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm going through the updates, I don't really know all the changes so I'm just listing the most important stuffs.

Ebrdmg from min 100 max 115 changed to min 75 max 86. Weight from 5 to 8. Ammo decreased by about 50%.

The crossbow seems to deal just as much damage and the same headshotmultiplier as before with only 2x cost (i might have missed something since like I said I don't know where to look (or well I do but I can't look through every single value^^))

Chainsaw deals the same damage.

Can the Mac10 be op or slightly op? A good friend of mine said that he had no problems taking down a suicidal fleshpound with it (solo mode though). Anyway, it's got 25-35 dmg (compared to bullpup 16-26 or Ak47 35-45), with a firerate of 0.052 (compared to bullpup 0.1 and ak47 0.109), recoilwise it's got about the same as bullpup (i'm not really sure how the recoil stuff works). Also if i got it right it's got about double DOT compared to flamer, but im not sure here either.

Oh yeah also, law costs 3000 now and demoperk got 70% discount. It deals the same damage but now with 600 blastradius instead of 500. So a 20% increased blastradius.

Edit1: Looks like scar got quite a punch there. Damage nerfed from 75-85 down to 50-57, same rate of fire and recoil.

Now I'm really going to bed If I messed up somewhere and wrote wrong values please correct me, I'm just trying to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9_6
Upvote 0
Female characters need female voices.

Im fully aware of that, but after waiting over a year I kinda thought female characters and voices wouldnt be out of the question.

Firebug gets a MAC 10 :| Out of all the choices and ideas we've come up with.

Yeah... I have no idea why would they ever pick mac10 out of everything we suggested. Or wait, its because there was already a premade model and textures for it >_>?

Disappointed. Hopefully the MUCH NEEDED balances make up for such weaksauce.

Nah, I expected this update to make things hard again and give us old KF players something to play for but if anything this made things easier with the godly firebug loadout and Indiana Jones in the team.

I really hoped they would make fleshpounds fearsome beasts again either by simply making them resistant to crossbow bolts or by nerfing crossbow damage, or if not at least add a new difficulty to spice things up a bit for everyone who think suicidal is too easy..

Also, all these new (COMMUNITY MADE BTW) maps theyve added but no new achievements for them? :( I know a lot of people who would actually be bothered to play the game again if there were achievements related to the added maps, but nooo. And while at it why not add some other achievements too to keep people busy a while.

Upvote 0